[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are unironically, literally people who still think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: based_niceland.png (17 KB, 2500x1800) Image search: [Google]
based_niceland.png
17 KB, 2500x1800
>There are unironically, literally people who still think that meme magic isn't real and won't carry Iceland to victory on Monday

It's like you lads just never fucking get it.

>Meme magic wins Trump the Republican nomination
>Meme magic wins LeBron James one for da land
>Meme magic wins Leicester the Premier League
>Meme magic wins Brexit
>Meme magic wins Iceland a place in the next round
>All in the course of just a couple months

Will Englel ever recover from the ultimate memeing that awaits them?
>>
If Ireland loses I cheer for Iceland

If Ireland wins I cheer for England

An Ireland/England game would make everything that has happened so far bearable
>>
>>68917699
>Meme magic wins Iceland a place in the next round
No, the expanded 24 team format and bus parking won Iceland a place in the next round. If you're going to root for a meme team, go for Hungary. They at least play decent football and have a based meme keeper.
>>
>>68917756
>ireland france is on itv
>not on bbc with henry in the studio
>>
>>68917791

Still though, Iceland was never expected to even qualify 4 years ago. The fact that they're even here is remarkable, and the fact they made it out of the group even more so.
>>
>>68917699
Lagerbäck has never lost to England. And we have played England quite a few times in competitions under Lagerbäck.
>>
>>68917791
Iceland qualified for the 16 team competition, would have won their qualification group if they wouldn't have shut off when qualified with three games to go
Iceland finished 2nd in this group which brought them into the last 16, not some shitty 3rd place like portushits

go fuck yourself
>>
nothing has happened that i want to far this euros, im mad, apart form one game which was nice

im not an irish fan btw

everything is going against me, so much that i have places lots of money on the results i dont want winning, so that at least i win money if the worst happens..

lets just say i dont want to win that money
reeeeeeee just end this tournament now
>>
>>68917860
THIS

thank you, this shows why Iceland should be praised and Ireland shouldn't at all
>>
>>68917699
the problem is that vardy is also a "talk scheme eat meme" kinda guy
im not sure which side is stronger with the meme force
>>
>>68917860
Regardless, they got to where they are by parking the bus. Fair play to them for having such a solid defense but it's still very boring to watch. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they beat us because we simply cannot win against bus parkers and we suck at penalties.
>>
>>68917791
>iceland scored 4 goals in groups
>england 3

fuck off you autisic mong
>>
>>68917999

It's one player who already had his blessings with Leicester vs an entire team. I think we know who the magic will side with.
>>
>>68917699

Your mistake is thinking that meme magic is needed to beat this England side

All they have to do is defend half-decently for 90 minutes and win it in extra time or penalties

Nothing magical or out of the ordinary required, and frankly as an England fan I can see no one else I'd rather lose to. They're a likeable underdog that I would happily cheer for if they beat us, and they are also lowly regarded enough to get Hodgson fired if we lose, so it would work out well.

Probably the best case scenario for us in fact, rather than lose closely or on penalties to one of the top teams and use it as an excuse to keep Hodgson/Rooney in for the WC in Russia
>>
>>68918003
Iceland can play very good football, like the first 30 mins against austria

they're just scared at this tournament, to do mistakes and shit, they didn't play this deep in any of their qualies
>>
>>68918040
it's exactly this kind of thinking that fuels the meme
>>
>>
>>68917791
damage control already
>>
>>68917699
We will lose. The country's still in shock after Brexit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.