[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people support teams that aren't from their city?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: bufo_viridis.jpg (796 KB, 1494x1000) Image search: [Google]
bufo_viridis.jpg
796 KB, 1494x1000
why do people support teams that aren't from their city?
>>
>>68887729
This may surprise you, but some people don't live in cities, for starters.
>>
>>68887744
i'm pretty sure there's a club for every european village
>>
>>68887767
This may ALSO surprise you, but some people support their 7th tier village club - or play for them - and additionally support and 1st or 2nd tier club.
>>
maybe teams from their city play shit football?
it's not like teams are truly representative of the local area anymore anyway
>>
>Supporting Hertha

Do you like eating shit?
>>
>>68887850
Could support Union, BAK, Viktoria as well. :^)
>>
>>68887729
Because the teams are utter shit and their fans are cretins?
>>
if you are smart you choose to have no loyalty to a team that has never done anything in its 200 year history, if you aren't smart, you pray to god that he will deliver said team a championship during YOUR lifetime.
>>
>>68887729
>posting a pic of your breakfast
>>
>>68887767
yeah and said team might have rivalries with "big" nearby teams, so you just choose another team completely unrelated to your living place
>>
Because I want to.
>>
>>68887850
>Do you like eating shit?

>tf
>>
>>68887729
because they no longer truly represnt that city anymore dude

theyre just "based" off that city

wtf

>why am i biting bait
>>
There isn't a team in my city. But, I support my localish teams.
>>
Why do people follow religions that aren't from their city?
>>
>>68887729
Most teams feature players predominantly not from that city so why does it really matter?
>>
>>68888075
Larfed
>>
>>68887729
In Portugal you usually support the shit team from ur city + Sporting or Benfica.
>>
File: 1200836.jpg (68 KB, 571x764) Image search: [Google]
1200836.jpg
68 KB, 571x764
>>68888234
>following religion
>>
Hey everyone if you want to see an amazing display of autism you should see this thread
>>
>>68888524

oops

http://archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/68843543/#q68844815
>>
>>68888154
>>68887850
underrated
>>
Well, this is just an example, and not really applicable today with being able to watch any game you want, but back in the basic cable days (for baseball anyways) you'd really only regularly see yankees and dodgers games in my city for some reason. Even more than blue jays games. So there's tons of yankees and dodgers fans in my city (people over 30) because they were teams they could actually watch and follow.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.