[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a way to determine was this ball in or out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: 551769407_1280x720[1].jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
551769407_1280x720[1].jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
Will there ever be a way to determine was this ball in or out?
Beside Maradona's hand of God, this is most controversial 'goal' ever.
>>
>>68855934
Consensus is generally that it wasn't in (probably 95% of people you ask in Germany and maybe 40% Englishmen [i.e. the ones not blinded by MUH ENGLAND V GERMANY] would say that.
>>
Dios es argentinos ésé
>>
i think it has been proven out actually
also there was a soviet ref, he admitted it was payback for stalingrad.
>>
It's been proven to be a legitimate goal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3384366/Geoff-Hurst-s-goal-against-West-Germany-DID-cross-line-Sky-Sports-finally-prove-linesman-right-award-controversial-strike-1966-World-Cup-final.html
>>
>>68855934
it was out, England stole that World Cup, Argentina, Portugal, Germany, they were carried against all those teams, truth is that England is a mediocre footballing nation and the only reason some people actually consider them a "traditional power" is because of this corrupt World Cup and the massive delusion of english press which always hypes mediocre english players into stars

Premier League is the most entertaining football league because of foreign players
>>
>>68856032
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uhe_l1h3w8

that doesn't seem to represent 'goal' accurately, ball doesn't seem to be that much in
>>
clearly not in, look at the shadow
england = 0 world cups
>>
>>68856083
it doesn't work like that hans
germany also conceded another goal after that
>>
How is Maradona hand of god contorversial? Everybody saw it. Everybody in the stadium saw it, everybody at home saw it. The only people who didn't saw it, were the refs
>>
>>68856112
It doesn't really work like that either.
>>
>>68856065
The most shocking thing about this goal is 60s """marking"""
>>
>>68856032
>having england shits ""investigate" a goal scroed by england that allowed england to win the world cup

uh huh sure

It wasnt in
>>
>>68855934
you dont know how many ppl in germany are butthurt about that. personally i think it was shot really well so i got no problem with that being counted as a goal
>>
>>68856060
>Poland calling anyone medicore

That's Poland's national motto.
>>
>>68856131
ref didn't say it was a hand of god, ref didn't say it wasn't a goal
>>
>>68856133
And Germany equalized after a handball. Hurst scored, get over it you nazi cunt.
>>
>>68856140
it looks so laid-back, even players look like average joes
i guess money transformed football into serious business, modern footballers are beast compared to older players
>>
>>68856181
i didn't know about that, I knew england scored one more after this
>>
>>68856181
>this flag
>this post
>>
>>68856181
I don't care if it was in, you goddamn hoser. That game was more than 30 years from my birthday, so why would I?

Eventually, arguing that this is somehow important for a German means arguing that Germans should still feel shame for Hitlel.
>>
>>68856181
A handball, following a freekick that was off a dive.
>>
>>68856181
Germany also received favourable decisions throughout the tournament, so if England did rig it, Germany were in on it too.

Can't really forget their very strange victory in 1954 and them diving their way to the title in 1990 either.
>>
>>68856262
actually not 30 years but more than 20
>>
>>68856267
how do you know all that? have you watched the games?
I knew that 1966 WC was controversial because of this goal, but I have no idea what was going on during WC
>>
How is la mano de dios controvertial? Everyone, from the refs to maradona, to the team, to the NT coach at the time and even the media said it was a hand goal.
>>
We literally told the Peruvian team they were going to DIE if they didn't allow us to score 6 goals to them in a really important match

Maradona's hand was nothing
>>
>>68855968
There was still time on the clock and you conceded another one after that.

If you had it in you you wouldve fought back, you didnt. England won and lifted the Trophy, end of
>>
>>68856392
> source: my culo
>>
Even if it was in, that one WC win for England is tainted beyond belief. They basically selected their refs, and kicked Argentina off the field before their training on original Wembley because of 'grayhound races'.
They freely moved games they played in to whatever stadium they wanted to.
They scored clear offside goal against France in 2-0 win, and the second was scored while a Frenchman was still lying on the ground after he was hit, and no foul was called.
And the list goes on and on. Uruguay were beaten by Germany despite one German clearing a certain goal by hand. Brazil saw practically no fouls called for them, with most of their players on injury list by the time they got out.
>>
>>68856422
>you conceded another one after that.
after fans ran on the pitch, which means it was irregular as well
>>
>>68856490
this desu

whole world cup was set up
>>
>All semi-finalists were from Europe. The venue of the first semi-final between England and Portugal was changed from Goodison Park in Liverpool to Wembley, due to Wembley's larger capacity. This larger capacity was particularly significant during a time when ticket revenue was of crucial importance.

it was our year desu
>>
1966 was rigged, there's no debate, but then again most world cups were rigged in those days. Mussolini bought one for Italy, Korea bought a semi-final, Germany got shafted in 58 against hosts Sweden etc.
>>
>>68856533
Germany isn't allowed to talk about refball
>>
>>68856533
>doesn't mention 1954

kek
>>
>>68856570
54 was legit
there's no way germany could rig anything at that time
>>
>>68856490
so you say Yugo never won WC because Tito wasn't big enough player to buy one?
>>
>>68856140
to be fair, that was in the 101' minute of the biggest match of their lives and they werent all that great athletically.
>>
>>68856495
Play to the whistle, you gave up and ran out of fight.

Hurst bagged a hat-trick.
>>
Ok lads, I made it.

Will be posting in /comfy/ threads from various locations
>>
>>68856490

>By the time of the World Cup in 1966, Pele was the most famous footballer in the world. He started the tournament in typical fashion with a goal from a free kick against Bulgaria, making him the first player to score in three World cups. Unfortunately though, that was the last moment of joy Pele experienced in the World cup in England. The Bulgarians spent the rest of the game fouling and kicking Pele forcing him out of Brazil’s second game against Hungary. Brazil lost that game meaning they needed a win in their final group game against Portugal. However, Portugal had obviously seen the success Bulgaria had achieved in taking Pele out of the game by kicking him and followed suit. Despite persistent and violent fouls on Pele, the referee refused to send off any off the Portuguese defenders and Pele had to hobble on for the ninety minutes as substitutes had not yet been introduced into the game. It was said that the referee let Portugal “get away with murder” as their disgraceful challenges on Pele went unpunished and the world’s best player was kicked and stamped out of the tournament. Brazil were eliminated from the World cup at the group stage and Pele vowed to never again play in a World Cup.

>Argentina, a serious contender for victory in 1966, tried to fit in a training session at the England team’s camp in the Shropshire village of Lilleshall but, writes Jonathan Wilson in Anatomy of England (2010), “the plan turned into farce as the Argentina bus got lost, taking two hours to cover the 30 miles from their base near Birmingham”. Then, the evening before their quarter-final against England, Argentina weren’t allowed their mandatory 20-minute practice session at Wembley “on the grounds that it would have interfered with the evening’s greyhound racing”, writes Wilson. (He calculates that they could easily have been fitted in ahead of the dogs.)
>>
>>68856032
>It was a legitimate goal
>t. Daily Mail

>Islam is a religion of peace
>t. Saudi Arabia
>>
>>68856490

>The very organisation of the tournament favoured England. The Portuguese star Eusébio always believed that the organisers had illegally moved the England v Portugal semi-final from Goodison Park in Liverpool (where Portugal had come to feel at home) to Wembley (where England had played all their previous games). In fact, Eusébio was wrong: Fifa was free to decide which semi-final would be played at which venue. However, this was exactly the sort of decision that went the hosts’ way.

>Most refereeing decisions did too. In England’s 2-0 victory over France, the first goal was “blatantly offside”, writes Niall Edworthy in The Second Most Important Job in the Country (1999), his history of England managers, while the second came after Nobby Stiles “crunched Jacques Simon right under the nose of the referee with a challenge so late that it beggared belief”. The ref ignored the foul, allowing England to go upfield and score, whereupon Simon was stretchered off.
>>
>>68856669
Go read about how the dutch were feeling before the 1978 final and you will feel less bad for Argentina.
>>
File: TSUUUUU.jpg (124 KB, 717x421) Image search: [Google]
TSUUUUU.jpg
124 KB, 717x421
Not that controversial but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLvm1sc424
>>
File: 643583-21865876-2560-1440.jpg (91 KB, 1050x590) Image search: [Google]
643583-21865876-2560-1440.jpg
91 KB, 1050x590
Reminder that it could always be worse.
>>
from OP's pic that looks 100% in to me, how was that controversial?
>>
The World Cup in Russia will be a South Korea v2.
Just look at that russian team, Puttin won't let Russia be hummiliated at home...
>>
>>68857053
They said the exact same thing about Olympic hockey in Russia two years ago and their performance ended up being a total catastrophe.
>>
Fair to say every goal South Korea scored in 2002?
>>
>>68856570
> Germany rigged a World Cup hosted in Switzerland

ayy lmanaos
>>
>>68857102
But on that case what matters is the medal count and they won it.
Hosting the world cup, however, they need to at least reach the quarter finals or semi finals to look good, if they get out in the group stage Putin will put the gulags to work.
>>
>>68857373
>what matters is the medal count

Nope, hockey is HUGE in Russia. There was a massive hype and they got schooled by fucking Finland in the playoffs.
>>
I was a cricket on the field near the goal post when that happened. From my position it was clearly in
>>
>>68857512

Finland is good though
>>
>>68857302
I witnessed that joke.
>>
>>68856392
was it you or Urugay that begged Peru to let you score?
>>
JUST
>>
>>68856945
As much bullshit as the decisions were Italy lost because they were shit. They had their chances but wasted many of them. The only one that has any right to bitch was Spain because they literally scored multiple times and had them taken away.
>>
>>68860791
Italy wasn't shit and you don't need to score multiple times to win

Italy has always been a defensive team historically
>>
>>68856674
kek underrated
>>
File: 1466719725693.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466719725693.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>68855934
idk what happened after, but this pic, to me, suggests the center of the ball hasn't even reached the line in this pic.

By looking at the goal post and #2, we see the picture is taken very straight. By looking at shadow of goal keeper, we see by extending line of ball shadow that the center of the ball is on the VERY outside edge of the line in this photo.
>>
File: shadow.jpg (204 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
204 KB, 1280x720
>>68855934
yeah, look at the foot, which is at roughly the same height as the ball, and its shadow.
that's roughly the distance the ball is from its shadow which puts it clearly outside the line
>>
>>68861822
>>68862496
Wasn't this thing originally broadcasted in Black & White?
If so it could be possible that there may have been some photo manipulation in the Colorized version
>>
who cares? krauts won at least two rigged one and the other with the help of a mexistain
>>
>>68856060
(You)
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.