[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First real sports memory that you have? Not of something you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1466440193485.jpg (35 KB, 266x369) Image search: [Google]
1466440193485.jpg
35 KB, 266x369
First real sports memory that you have? Not of something you've read about your team's past, but the first thing you distinctly remember watching live yourself.

Vid related for me:
https://youtu.be/ssj0n8G8kCY?t=4157
>>
first vague memory i have is auburn's desperation pass broken up at the end of the 2008 lsu game, which was my first ever time in jordan-hare

first fully formed memory is cam newton's heisman moment
verne's "HE ACCELERATED!" is permanently burned in my mind
>>
>>68850225
how old are you, 18?
>>
>>68850241
19 and didn't care about sports until cam newton taught me what it meant to love
>>
File: cle1.jpg (156 KB, 800x548) Image search: [Google]
cle1.jpg
156 KB, 800x548
>>68849956
I still remember going to see the Cavs play at the Richfield Coliseum for the first time in 1991. I remember going to Jacob's Field when it first opened. and the Indians playing at Municipal Stadium.

My grandpa and my dad took me to my first Indians game when I was 4 and I still remember their old stadium like it was yesterday.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6w4RRL9grk

was at the game, would have been 5 years old

I remember it being a huge crowd as well, it was the last game of the regular season and both teams had finals on the line
>>
>>68849956
The first time I was at a stadium.
I was 6, didn't know anything about any sports at all... and we won 4-1.
>>
Who's old enough to remember when you could pick up every local sports game on rabbit ears for free. When every little gas station, drug store, deli, bodega, all had little tv's behind the counter with employees watching their local baseball, basketball, or football teams and people would stop and ask the score. Back when listening to the games on AM radio was still a thing.

Late 90's early 00's killed it. Now you've gotta pay for cable, pay too much for a digital league package with blackout exceptions, or stream it online and wind up being 5 minutes behind what everyone else is watching.
>>
My very first distinct sports memory was some kind of NFL game. I believe it was the Patriots playing somebody else. It was snowing very heavily and I think the Patriots were down one or two points, maybe even three. They made a field goal in that extremely heavy snow and somehow it managed to get the Jets through to the playoffs. I have no recollection of what team they were facing or what year it was
>>
First moments I remember well are the 2005 MLB playoffs. podsedniks walk off, konerkos grand slam, pierzynskis memeing.

But I have a lot of vaguer memories from before that. I know I remember seeing kenny lofton and ray durham in a sox uni, so that's 2002 at least. Can't remember anything really specific beyond that. I was 7 then
>>
>>68849956
Seeing my Uncle on TV at the 2003 fiesta bowl. Also my dad running down the street with our Ohio State flag when they won in OT
>>
Tim going god-mode and killing the Lakers dynasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_iN6qwvoS8
>>
>>68849956
2000 World Series, game 3, Jeter hit a home run on the very first pitch.
>>
The only time sport ever made me cry, when Beckham got sent off against Argentina in '98.

Also, the Man Utd vs Barcelona games in the '98 Champion's League.

1998 seems to be my cut-off point. Does that mean I have a shit memory (I was born in 1990)?
>>
File: 1420922993491.png (89 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
1420922993491.png
89 KB, 327x367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOfUBG0pKjk

My dad was beyond pissed.
>>
I was in the stadium for this, age 5 I believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvttA-k0gOM
the energy at the time was pretty intense from what I remember
>>
>>68849956
World Series 2000
>>68852554
Holy shit, I'd imagine.
>>
>>68849956
Croatia vs Germany at 1998 world cup. i was 8, and i was at sea side with my parents and family, everybody was in some beach bar watching game i was playing around and watching too, and it was complete chaos when we won, and it was really fun.
>>
>>68849956
Stanley Cup playoffs in 1994. Probably why I am a >rags fan
>>
The Iverson step-over on World Champion Tyronn Lue.

I think I was 8. Thought it was pretty disrespectful desu.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.