[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that last night was the SINGLE MOST EMBARRASSING CAPITULATION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: usausausa.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
usausausa.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
Reminder that last night was the SINGLE MOST EMBARRASSING CAPITULATION i've ever seen from a national team.

I've seen teams lose their heads and get torn apart like Brazil and Mexico. I've seen teams play turgid football and come undone year after year like England.

Never have I seen a team get to a semi final and not have a single shot. Never have I seen a country so completely and abjectly willing to bend over and take it in the hope that the opponent will be merciful as the USA last night. Never have a I seen a team 3-0 down with 40 minutes to play and still park the bus.

The only thing I can equate it to is a decent team coming up against San Marino or Gibraltar in qualifying. Even they manage to hold out for more than three minutes.

This match could set football in America back a decade and even that wouldn't do just how bad they were justice.
>>
but they never parked the bus, nigel. we were obviously outclassed but they didn't really stop trying to attack from the first minute.

they couldn't get any possession because argentina is light years ahead of them, and also because the very few chances they did have to string some passes together, the fact that they were rattled by the opponent made itself known and they constantly gave it away.

it wasn't a good fight. they gave up the booty. and yes it was ugly.

but they never stopped trying to attack.
>>
>>68801088
>Reminder that last night was the SINGLE MOST EMBARRASSING CAPITULATION i've ever seen from a national team

Mexico's was much worse. The US might have tried to park the bus at 3-0 down, but at least >we tried something. The Mexicans just gave up, which is why they lost 7-0.
>>
>>68801340
This.

It looked really fucking painful after the US missed shitloads of passes and had the ball intercepted multiple times; however, while they did a really bad job at it they at least tried.

Now, Mexico, man, that was on an entirely different level. They had lost all hope and they didn't even give a shit.

Even Brazil managed to score ONE goal against Germany at the huelocaust....
>>
>>68801088
You're trying to hard. No one is buying your argument because you don't even believe in it yourself
>>
>>68801088
I didn't read this
>>
File: 1466237491019.png (638 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1466237491019.png
638 KB, 600x450
>>68801088
>it's a british """"""humor"""""" post
>>
I thought you were talking about our performance against Slovakia for a while
>>
Come off it. It was exactly the result that everyone anticipated.

At least the American audience got to see Messi near his best.
>>
File: c7336677.jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
c7336677.jpg
124 KB, 960x960
Even though they had no real ideas or gameplan past the first goal, I thought the US team and their fans showed good sportsmanship.

Took a heavy loss on the chin as best as anyone could.

They faced a wc finalist with half their talent out of the game, they didn't bitch and complained, the fans americlapped at our team and for the most part seemed happy to be able to watch some good footy from Messi.

It would've been perfect for them if they could've scored at least 1 goal in order to save some face, but there were no surprises.
>>
does this mean we can stop wasting money on soccer teams now and focus all of our energy on american sports?
>>
>>68801088
sure thing m8
whatever you say
>>
Bradley was the worst player last night and we should move away from him.
>>
We had 1 shot thank you. Enjoy your early Euro exit.
>>
>>68802713
When they were down 1-0 they didnt even run or try to steal the ball. Thats way too early to give up.

I think klinsman had the view that he already completed his objective so he didnt push his team harder.

Us as a third place still nets them some money and recognition.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.