[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great Old Champions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: old-champions.jpg (191 KB, 560x379) Image search: [Google]
old-champions.jpg
191 KB, 560x379
What's your opinion about each one of the Great Old Champions - or at least some of them?

England: For founding it they always deserve the proper respect. They have been starving for titles for a too long period, even though we are not that dumb to despise them. We can see that they have it in their blood too: a very particular way to drive the ball, they understand how "she" flows. Whenever they are on TV our ears become sharpen to know how they are doing.

Italy: They always have a good football to show.

Uruguay: They always provide fierce matches.

Spain: I really don't get them: they are good, but they are not good. Their football oscillates too much.

France: Our main adversaries in Europe, they always take us down when everything is already settled in our favor. Unfortunately they they don't make up to the size of their role: only one world cup.

Argentina: It's all about the passion and that's absolutely important to produce a high quality football, unfortunately it's just not enough. They master every small-medium sized tournament - obviously it reflected on the big one for twice. We couldn't ask for better rivals to motivate ourselves and grow together.

Germany: The best ones in technical movements, their game is everything about precise ball passes. The worst winners E-V-E-R, they love to diminish others to feel good about themselves.

Brazil: Only focus is World Cup. We surely have been administratively disorganized after the last Confederations Cup, but we never lacked of talented players. Now that Tite is the new coach 2018 is within our grasp. Best example of world champions ever: we are not selfish, we rather prefer to teach others about football than to make fun of them.
>>
>>68799955
dude, add one star on kraut patch
>>
File: 1405432406003.jpg (64 KB, 850x590) Image search: [Google]
1405432406003.jpg
64 KB, 850x590
>only

Seems like you've forgotten something la
>>
File: untitle.jpg (26 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
untitle.jpg
26 KB, 500x450
>>68799974
no!
>>
This french logo looks so old.
>>
>>68799955
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>68799999
Witnessed
>>
It's not really oscillation, Spain has only had one very good generation of football players, the one that peaked between 2008 and 2010 (Casillas, Puyol, Senna/Alonso, non-lazy Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, pre-Chelsea Torres, etc). Check the WC and EC record of Spain in the XX century, it's abysmal save for a couple of editions.
>>
>>68799955
>they love to diminish others to feel good about themselves

This isn't true at all. You could really see that they felt bad for Brazil during the semi-final. And right after it they comforted your players.
>>
>>68799955
so wrong all those shits
>>
>>68799955
brazil
>le football wizards meme
italy
>le boring catenaccio meme
deutch
>le great discipline meme
argentina
>le overrated as fuck meme
uruguay
>
france
>
england
>le forgot how to play sport they invented meme
spain
>le exciting catenaccio meme
>>
>it's a Brazil only gives 3 stars to the Germans episode
>>
>>68799999
nice digits
>>
>>68799955
7-1 obviously still hurts you bad Brazil
>>
File: 71.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
71.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>68799955
>>
>>68799955
>Argentina
Bad losers. Take everything too seriously and then chimpout when it doesn't work as planned

>Brazil
Awesome in all their rich history, but they seemed to have fallen. I really hope they become as great again as they once were.

>England
It makes me honestly sad to see how deep the inventors of that game fell. The only ones in that list without a world class team

>France
Honestly no idea

>Italy
Awesome defence. Everytime. Italian football is scary, really. They always beat us and that's frustrating. A great team

>Spain
They needed a generation that was unrivaled on this planet to overcome their curse of always getting knocked out early in every tournament and now they are among the best, but nothing more. Likeable people

>Uruguay
Always a big show, I enjoy watching Uruguay, but I don't enjoy watching them play against Germany

>Germany
Big in tournaments that matter and nothing else. Currently the best squad in the world with a joke of a coach who doesn't even nominate the right guys.
>>
>>68800020
1998~2002 generation was good too m9.

Cañizares, Hierro, Morientes, Raúl, Luis Enrique, Baraja, Mendieta, Guardiola, Valeron, Tristan... But this recent generation was just too good
>>
>>68799999
THOSE DIGITS THO
>>
>>68800214
>The only ones without a world class team
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING? Vardy, Sturridge, Rooney, Sterling, Henderson, Hart, Cahill-how is this NOT a world class side? Germany on the other hand, I can't even think of 3 or 4 of your players names! FUCKING DELUSIONAL
>>
File: cat-face-with-tears-of-joy.png (60 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
cat-face-with-tears-of-joy.png
60 KB, 256x256
>England
>>
>>68800392
>Vardy
Meme and not world class at all
>Sturridge
Better meme
>Rooney
Pooney
>Sterling
72M KEEEEEEEEK
>Henderson
Literally who?
>Hart
good GK
>Cahill
This season Cahill?
>>
>>68800392
At first, I began to write this short summary about England by writing "annoying and pathetic". Following your post, this seems just too accurate to leave it out

>how is this NOT a world class side?
t. no title since refballed 1966 and no semifinal since 1996
>>
I don't find the Germans arrogant desu. I think the argies are more even though they barely win things these days (they will win this copa tho)
And spain is not a old champion lol.
>>
>>68800392
It's amazing what JFs will reply to.
>>
>Brazil
New generations only play for themselves. Brazil used to be great for the passing game and for having players that could make a goal even if they were a defender or the goalkeeper, now they depend on strikers that if they weren't brazilians would cost less than half they do in the market.
>Germany
They go through cycles were they are quarterfinalists at best or they are a serious contender for the title, great tactical team
>Italy
Best exponent of defensive game that it's not just putting 10 defenders and hope for the best like little team do, high effectivity in their chances of goal and the most regular team in the world
>Argentina
All kids want to be a striker and play in Europe, because of that they end up with an NT were they put 4 strikers in the starting eleven with strikers playing in the midfield were they have problems with teams that apply pressure.
>Uruguay
Murderball fags that should be shot
>France
The best african team.
>Spain
Just one good generation, Netherlands is much more important
>England
Mexico of the UEFA, they always talk big, put themselves at the same level of the big teams and end crashing and burning.
>>
>>68800473
t.team that could only scrape a win against NI
>>
>>68800288
This, Spain could have reached the 2002 WC final easily but everyone knows what happened...
>>
>>68799955
Why 4 stars for the Urus?
>>
>>68800583
This, wtf, germany with 3 stars and urugays with 4 ?
>>
>>68800519

All that saltiness is bad for your heart, bro. Even the most fierce England fan who has a level head will admit the German teams are always superior to you.
>>
>>68800519
>not saving energy for the knockout round
Pathetic desu.

>inb4 le 1 point xd

I didn't even think Russia would make it out of the group desu.
>>
>>68800583
They count their wins in the Olympic games 1924 and 1928 as World Cup wins since there hasn't been a World Cup at that time but instead the Olympic tournament was seen as the most important competition
>>
>>68800392

> Not sure if joking
>>
>>68800392
kek
>>
File: 1458604212721.jpg (56 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
1458604212721.jpg
56 KB, 960x480
>>68800392
>Mfw when obvious b8
>Eurofags believe it
>>
Modern football killed National Team
>>
>>68800583
>>68799990
>>68800601
I'm without any image editor, sorry about that
>>
>>68800703

Uruguay has 4 stars because they have won '24 and '28 Olympics, and they consider them to be the predecessor of World Cup
>>
File: Simon.jpg (63 KB, 317x361) Image search: [Google]
Simon.jpg
63 KB, 317x361
>>68799955
>The worst winners E-V-E-R
He still mad :^)
>>
The germans were pretty nice, actually. They clearly slammed on the brakes during the second half or they would have reached a double digits score. It's not their fault our team sucked, in fact, if >we were in their shoes I don't think >we'd stop scoring at all. In a way it's even more humiliating to concede 7 goals against a team that isn't even serious, but they were humble as fuck.
>>
>>68800018
>>68800112
>>68800378
Kek
>>
>>68799955
>englel
They have been crap for so long, I can't even believe there was a point people took the m seriously. that's what you get when 75% of your league are foreign players

>Italy
2006, never forget

>Uruguay
I don't really l ike their playing style but they are okay. I just dont like the southern american take on the sport

>Spain
I don't understand how they manage to be that consistently bad while having such a theoreticall y good squad. This team is a mystery

>France
>great old champion
We justh ad a peak in 1998-2000 and we have been underperforming ever since. Similar problems as Englend to some extent. Both teams are the eternal "teams that have potential" but never live up to it.

>Argentina
Same as Uruguay, but the result speak for themselves I suppose

>Germany
Annoying when playing safe again non-threatening teams, willingly underperform when they can,but when they go all out, ooooh boy it's a treat.

>Brazil
Possibly the most overrated team on the planet, along with Portugal. Put in one superstar player and boom, "best team in the world". Poortugal being kicked out of the euro in group phase is yet another proof that this sort of shit doesn't work.
>>
>Brazil
best football nation in history, having an off period doesn't change that. hope they return to their former glory soon and become once again a team that is a joy to watch and to compete with

>Germany
By far our fiercest rival
despite our favourable history with them, each time we play them it's more tense than the last
their game is ruthless and extremely beatiful in its effectivness

>Spain
kind of a newcomer to the club, had an incredible generation but previous to that not much
i don't like their tiki-taka, nor their excessively technical style, nor all their whining

>France
always has a great talent pool and on paper they're often the favourites, but i think they lack a proper "football identity", they have little cohesion and lack a distinctive style
still in recent history we played many great games against them, so they are rapidly climbing in my rankings as rivals

>England
the very definition of Great Old Champions
we still call them the Maestri whenever we play them and have somewhat of an aura of superiority even though they haven't won anything in 50 years
i still have the outmost respect for them and their physical but very fair style of play

>Argentina
produced so many world class forwards it's difficult to keep count, but in the world cup they almost always disappoint (their first win was rigged as fuck and the second were literally handed to them by the GOAT)
their play is very aggressive and passionate but often dirty, love to push the rules to the edge
guess they inherited that from us

>Uruguay
Argentina with way less talent and even more "garra", they often openly cheat without remorse
still gotta respect a country so small that won so much on the biggest stage

>Italy
many criticize us because we're "boring", "too defensive" or straight up cheaters
like i care
tactics are part of the sport and as far as our interpretation of it goes, they are the main course
like it or not, as long as we win and we win fair that's all that matters
>>
>>68799955
>brazil
greatest footballing nation in the world

>italy
pretty great

>germany
0 legitimate world cups. killed puskas, cruyff and messi. klinsmann diving, doping in 1954

>uruguay
great nation

>argentina
0 legitimate world cups. if the dutch won in 1978 they would have not leave the country alive. 1986 handball

>france
good football

>england
0 legitimate world cups

>spain
second greatest footballing nation of all time
>>
>>68799955
>Old Champions
>No Scotland
Scotland for 40 years ( around 1870-1910) Was arguably the best football national team in the world.
>>
>>68800615
>They
Fuck off, is FIFA who counts them as world titles. If you disagree go and complaint there
>>
>>68800892
How many WCs did they win in those 40 years dude?
>>
>>68799955
England:probably the best national team in the world at the moment, have been very unlucky to only win 1 world cup total.

Italy:no good players at the moment, they will be revealed as a meme team very soon.

Uruguay:who?

Spain:ok, will probably beat italy but be knocked out by England this euro.

France:lucky to have ever won at all, their current side is abysmal and will probably be knocked out by England.

Argentina:1 man team, without messi they would be shit.

Germany:probably only side close to skill of England at the minute, but very few top players in their side.

Brazil:7-1
>>
>>68800923
>Implying I give a fuck
You won two World Cups. I don't really care how many you won 2bh
>>
>we could almost be on this list for reforming the game in the 50s into what it is today
>awful british ref screwed us out of the win against germany

I tried so hard.
>>
>>68801010
your post was pure misinformation. If you don't know the subject you are posting about, better stfu
>>
File: 1436369568658.jpg (17 KB, 442x304) Image search: [Google]
1436369568658.jpg
17 KB, 442x304
>>68800392
>Ppl still for the delusional brit meme

Never gets old
>>
>>68800991
>best national team in the world has been unlucky for 130 years
Sure thing Nigel.
Wales is performing better than you are.
Fucking Wales.
>>
>>68800288

> Raul
> Morientes
so many laughably overrated players
>>
File: HideBongthreads.jpg (251 KB, 1321x910) Image search: [Google]
HideBongthreads.jpg
251 KB, 1321x910
>>68801062
Pls just don't reply if you really want to write about football. This little understanding of the game must be an attempt to troll
>>
>>68799955
England:stands out on this list as obviously the best team on it. Multiple rigged world cups have ensured that most people don't realise this, but England are and have been the best side in the world for quite a while.

Italy:meme
Spain:meme
Germany:slightly better, still meme
Uruguay:that's a country?
Brazil:ok
>>
>>68801128
continue posting, one day it may become true
>>
File: 1465685455461.png (743 KB, 612x611) Image search: [Google]
1465685455461.png
743 KB, 612x611
>>68800991
>England:probably the best national team in the world at the moment

how to lose any credibility in 12 words
>>
is > English delusion the best meme on Europ /sp/?
>>
1/2

> Brazil
Always the #1 reference when it comes to football. In less than 50 years they pulled off not one, but four golden generations. The present generation is only a transition between 2002 and the next one, they will definitely be back.

> Italy
Always, ALWAYS count on Italy. Sometimes they have superstars, sometimes they don't, but they always know how to play as a team, how to exploit their rivals' weaknesses etc. I'm scared about next Monday... Italy is the most feared and respected team here.

> Germany
European Brazil, pretty much. Their football school infrastructure is second to none in the world and there is so much talent everywhere in the country that they are the only nation in the world that is a favourite in every competition. The most impressive feat I've seen in a World Cup was Germany's run - not in 2014 but in 2010! Löw took a team of tween literal whos who had never played together 10 months before WC start and managed to secure the 3rd place. All countries should aspire to be "the Germany of" their region.

> Argentina
Inconsistent. They also have the worst fans after Real Madrid / Barcelona bandwagoners. They are too dependent on individual talent and they are screwed if the "Argentinian midfielder" of that generation is mediocre. When they are good, they are to be feared though.

> Uruguay
Sometimes they are a delight to see because of muh heart, sometimes I hate them because they are extremely dirty. If more technology finds its way into future football (video repetitions, offside cameras, etc), Uruguay is screwed.

> France
The less white version of Spain. They are usually one of the Big Ones in every competition, but they rarely make it, or at least not as often as they should on paper. 98-00 France was the GOAT generation of football since 50s Hungary (because fuck Pelé and Beckenbauer, that's why)
>>
>>68799955
> Germany
> worst winners E-V-E-R
Bullshit. They showed chivalry when thunderfucking you around the ~4th goal when they stopped rubbing it in your face. cf. 7-0, etc.

I'd watch Germany 3 - 1 Uruguay 2010 30 times in a row and wouldn't be sore.
>>
2/2
> >England
The NT version of Atlético or Feyenoord. Above average, sometimes quite a good team, but their fans are shitty and their press is even worse. '96 England was one of the most beautiful teams I knew during my childhood, with David Seaman, Gaga, Shearer, Macca, Sheringham... It was weird that that team never won a competition. '66 England was worse and '16 England is also worse.

> Spain
Hand in hand with France, Spain delivers far less than it should. Seriously, NT-wise, France and Spain are like twin brothers separated ar birth. If France wins this Euro, both teams will have the same palmarès.
We had a good generation in '84-88 and then again in 2002 but in the first case we still lacked the spirit of champions (too many prima donnas, too much drama and infighting) and in the second case, if refball hadn't stopped us, 2002 Brazil would have wiped the floor with Spain anyway. '08 Spain was the best imo. '10 was a lucky 1-0 run to the final including refball (Portugal), penalties (Paraguay) and last minute trolling (Netherlands), plus the other classic teams in '10 other than Germany were abysmal.
>>
>>68800868
looking forward to seeing you guys lose today
>>
>>68801247
it's certainly the most persistent. the gift that keeps on giving
>>
>>68801492
Nice stuff españa , you or France will win this Euro
>>
>>68799955
England fucked themselves over by being too arrogant and not playing in the early international tournaments before the 50s.
>>
>Brazil
Not doing that well for the moment, but I'd say they are in a period of transition after some former great player left and some newer talents rise. Their emphasis on attack can easily backfire (see 7-1) against a more technical team.

>Italy
Pretty consistently good and has the merit of always playing as a team rather than relying on one guy to carry the game. May not be the best team there is but rarely underperforms.

>Germany
Better Italy, mostly due to a better school infrastructure. can be pretty dry to wach in small games because deep down they always take a very pragmatic approach on the game.

>Argentina & Uruguay
haven't actually seen them that much. Never really cared for the wway they usually play. especially Uruguay.

>France
not sure why we'd be considered "great old champions" seeing how we only won one WC and were a pretty poor team before that with one previous peak in 82 - 86. It's really 1998 that brought in the idea that france cou ld have a competitive national team, before that the country was a talent pool with a good league system and ever since we have started to devlop an identity as a national team (and it also echoed onto other team based sports like rugby and handball, which is neat). It will take us either another generation of talent or a decade of growth to really become a great team.

>England & Spain
Not sure how both of these can have the active, high quality league and the infrastructure they have and still have teams that lways do so poorly in international competitions.
>>
File: Olympic football.jpg (174 KB, 729x939) Image search: [Google]
Olympic football.jpg
174 KB, 729x939
How come Uruguay get to put their Olympic gold medals on their crest and we don't? Are they just that cheeky?
>>
>>68801625
FIFA consider those Olympic gold medals as world titles because those tournament were organized by FIFA (and there was no WC at that time)
>>
>>68801654
It was the English national team representing GBR which won our first two at least, which was way back 100 or so years ago in the very early days of FIFA.
>>
>>68800518
>England always talk big

kek literally no England fan talks the team up, we know we're shit
>>
>>68801730
>the rest of the world
>ever understanding this
not likely
>>
File: pepe_lel.jpg (110 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
pepe_lel.jpg
110 KB, 800x800
>>68800991
>England:probably the best national team in the world at the moment
>>
>>68801568
Thank you my free friend. The beauty of this EC is that there's no clear favourite, nobody can point out who's the team to beat this time. Maybe one that has never won it like Croatia, Poland or England?
>>
>>68801837
We all know Del Bosque is saving the Barca magic for the QF/SFs, it's pretty much a guaranteed Espana trophy if the Germans falter. They want revenge.
>>
>>68801128
this.

England are the best team in the world and the others are too retarded to admit it
>>
>>68801837
>The beauty of this EC is that there's no clear favourite
This.
Greece 2004, never forget.
They might have been a crap teeam with an annoying take on teh game, they still won the damn thing.
>>
>germany
Best example of a methodical, precise team, they look like a machine when playing, probably one of the two current great teams right now

>Uruguay
Less attacking power than us but probably the most cunning and agressive one, they maximized their results while they could but their population is just too small nowadays, would murder everyone if they had even half our population

>Argentina
Inconsistent, we depend almost exclusively in a mixture of pure attacking power, cunning and individual skill, on one hand, we could have done a lot more if we just had some consistency, on the other, it's amazing we've gotten this far just by throwing the ball and hoping our goats carry us, which they surprisingly do

>England
The mexico of europe, we enjoy beating them but they aren't really noteworthy, quick with excuses

>Spain and france
Not much to say, they got lucky with a goat generation but aren't like england either, they deserve the spot

>Italy
German methodism together with uruguayan/argentinean cunning all focused on being the most annoying and infuriating tean to play agains, support, watch, everything, but deserving of their 4 cups

>Brazil
Once the perfect mix of tactics and skill, now they lack both but their worst hit has been in their confidence, truly a sad fall
>>
File: Aaron Ramsey Team GB.jpg (150 KB, 735x1024) Image search: [Google]
Aaron Ramsey Team GB.jpg
150 KB, 735x1024
>>68801625
>tfw both the men and women qualified for Rio, but the Scottish FA blocked it

Looks like London 2012 was a once in a lifetime for GBR football.
>>
File: 1276455221235.png (3 KB, 344x54) Image search: [Google]
1276455221235.png
3 KB, 344x54
>>68801864

England are the best team in the world at being consistently shit. The last time I saw a decent english NT was in 98.
>>
>>68801922
>England
>The mexico of europe
AHAHAAHHA excellent!
>>
>>68801062
>>68801166
Friendly reminder the majority of posts like that are made by Scots. They're obsessed with England.
>>
>>68801287
>>68801492
>further proving my point of Spanish people being likeable
Great texts. Nothing more to add.
Just tell me... How can a great country like yours spawn such shitty teams like Real Madrid and FC Barcelona you criticize yourself?

I really wish you best luck in your upcoming match against Italy. They are also the most feared team over here, I'm sure you weren't oblivious to all those Germans shitting their pants because of the possibility to face Italy.
>>
>this got replies
>>
>>68799955
>France: they always take us down
Here in Brazil we say that the Frenchs are our executioners (carrascos) for that reason.

>Italy:
>Argentina:
Italy also seems to have some football in their blood, but just not enough.
Argentina surely has football clogged veins, much more than it's healthy. It's a drug-addicted relation for them.

>Germany: worst winners E-V-E-R
>>68800802
>germans were pretty nice, actually
Yes they were... just for a second. Then when they arrived in Germany mocked the argentinians mimicking monkeys, remember?!
>>
>Brazil
They will always be a contender because >soccer is the national sport. They may not always have a great team, but they always have a good team. They develop solid players in all positions. You will eventually avenge the >7-1

>Italy
Nostalgic champions. Italy has produced great players and coaches, but their best years are slipping away. The country is very poor and they don't have a good league anymore. The future looks grim.

>Germany
Masters of >tactics. Their players seem to have average to high IQ's and listen to their coaches. This team always does well. It helps that the country is financially stable and the footballing development program is top-notch.

>Argentina
>4-0 Best attacking side bar none. The country that produced Maradona and Messi. I hear that soccer players are one of their most valuable exports.

>Uruguay
I don't care for this team. Their WC wins are more ancient than Engerland's. Sure they are passionate, but they are dirty as fuck. Congrats on that 2011 copa i guess.

>France
Interesting one. The nation as a whole doesn't seem to give a fuck about football unless they're winning. It is clearly the sport for immigrants. I loved the 98'-2000 team and I actually really enjoy their current team. They seem to develop great players regularly. I see a bright future barring France becomes a failed state.

>England
Worst of the bunch. Honestly can't stand these fucks and their >history. Their fans and media think they have a chance in every tournament. Their squad is Mexico/USA level bad. At least they have a financially stable league and can host a lot of good players. Unless the Brexit happens of course, which it won't.

>Spain
A welcome newcomer. Spain plays football at a very high level. They have excellent technical players and do not seem to take things too seriously. If they fall off and start losing again, they will look back on their golden generation with pride.
>>
File: 1464885233196.jpg (139 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1464885233196.jpg
139 KB, 1023x682
>>68802132
>Their fans and media think they have a chance in every tournament.

You've just got to keep on believing. A thin line between belief and delusion, but you've just got follow your dreams and be the best you can be.
>>
>>68801730
>>68801788

>>68802132
>Their fans and media think they have a chance in every tournament.

lel is this really what the rest of the world thinks, that England fans think their team is good?
>>
>>68802159
just don't cross this line
>>
>>68801969
No you're wrong, England are the best
>>
>>68799991
great meme my monkey-related brother
>>
>>68802132
>but they are dirty as fuck.
you don't understand the game, stfu
>>
>>68799990
>german nationalism one the rise.jpg
>>
>>68802132
>It helps that the country is financially stable and the footballing development program is top-notch.
This! Their success so far have been stupendous, but it's requiring a huge investment in infrastructure. I doubt they will be able to afford the next generation.
>>
>>68800518
>strikers that if they weren't brazilians would cost less than half they do in the market.

lol mate, that only happens in the Brazil's national team, but pretty much all brazilian players in clubs in Europe do pretty fucking great
>>
>>68802132
TBF for a yank you've done a pretty accurate evaluation of each team, but to say the English media and fans think they have a chance in every tournament is miles off.

Also, on paper England's squad isn't actually that bad, they just always bottle it.
>>
File: B7Ayn0CIAAAnRQa.jpg (79 KB, 600x788) Image search: [Google]
B7Ayn0CIAAAnRQa.jpg
79 KB, 600x788
>>68802013
I have no problem with lifelong madridistas and culés who love football as a sport, but those are the minority. Most madridistas don't like football as proven by any Liga game at Bernabéu, really, its """atmosphere""" (pic related) is worse than Allianz Arena tier. On the other hand, most culés are bandwagoners. Wherever you go in the world, there's always some retard with a Barça t-shirt. Sure those Singaporean kids are fully aware of what Alexanko, Cruyff and Koeman won for the team they love. Barcelona is the purest incarnation of modern football.
>>
>People honestly and sincerely think England wont win the Euros

kys
>>
File: maradona.jpg (21 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
maradona.jpg
21 KB, 400x320
>>68802073
>It's a drug-addicted relation for them.
kek
>>
>>68799955

>Italy puts the stars inside the crest and not in a row on top of it like Uruguay

This triggers me so hard

>>68800392

Sometimes England looks stupider than us when talking about football and that makes me happy
>>
>>68802449

if you actually believe he is serious then I'm afraid you're the stupid one lad
>>
>>68802132
>The nation as a whole doesn't seem to give a fuck about football unless they're winning.
You may not know how wrong you are.
Football is by very, very far the most popular sport in the whole country and it has been for a while, our clubs have very deep-rooted fanbases (although there has been a lot of cynicism since the PSG has been bought by qatari). Only thing is that the idea of our national team having some credibility is pretty recent. But the 34 to 20 years old that saw the WC and Euro winning streak are mad about it. Younger folks not so much because we have been underperforming ever since yet the local sport media refuses to open their eyes and keep saying we are obvious favourites in every tournament.
>>
>>68802396

Thanks m8. I admit it's an exaggeration to say that Kane, Rooney, or Alli are Mexico/USA level.
>>
File: image.png (160 KB, 568x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160 KB, 568x1023
>>68802490
>>68800392

>every English post in every euro2016 related thread
>>
>>68802449
>Sometimes England looks stupider than us when talking about football and that makes me happy

kek we've hooked another one boys
>>
>>68802449
>it's an American fails to spot irony or sarcasm

I would have never have seen this coming.
>>
>>68802277
>I doubt they will be able to afford the next generation
Money is the least of our worries over here. It feels like no club has any financial difficulties in the 1st and 2nd Bundes (that changes drastically below) and our FA is the biggest sport association in the world.
The German teams seem to be the ones making the highest profits in the world and can easily finance those youth centres which are requirements to get a license in a higher league.
It's not like in England where all the teams seem to have a really high budget fueled by those >oilshekels - but in fact lose much every year. This also applies to Real Madrid and FC Barcelona who seem to have an insanely high debt.
They would get their license revoked in Germany.

>>68802400
Oh god... yeah I get what you mean. Like those Dortmund and Buyern fans who never saw a stadium from the inside. Visiting the Allianz Arena was horrible!

>>68802449
>Sometimes England looks stupider than us when talking about football
Don't worry, I feel like you Americans are on a good way of understanding it. You still need some time, but you're on a good way. Keep up the good work! Just like >>68802519 states just in the very moment I wanted to post this
>>
>>68802519
yep sums us up perfectly
>>
>>68800802
Nicer than chilenos who didnt put any brake on the rape train desu
>>
>>68801287
You should have been harder on us
>>
>>68802396
I do want to point something out tho. Why do your pundits always talk highly about your fullbacks? I cannot comprehend how people rate Walker and Danny Rose. From every match I've watched they just bomb up to the byline and cross the ball to no one. I think you guys would be better off with Clyne and even Gibbs. Someone who has a bit more nuance and doesn't fucking rip a cross every play.
>>
>>68802658
Nah m8, we should stop hating our team that much, it's the only way to make the ghosts of 2002 and 2010 go away.
>>
>>68802668
I can't believe Danny Rose was even picked for the tournament.
>>
>>68800583
>>68800601
>>68800615

Not only uruguayans count them as 4. It's approved by FIFA. '24 & '28 olympics were literally the World Cup at the time.
It was so successful and popular that spawned its own competition
>>
>>68802806

Then why do we even bother with having Olympic football today

Who cares about it
>>
>>68802834
>Who cares about it

Probably literally millions of people.
>>
>>68802834
>Who cares about football?
The entire world with few exceptions
>>
>>68801625
Because they were before the WC was created, the real question is why the Uruguayans count them when the first winner of Football Olympics (Belgium 1920) doesn't
>>
>>68802834
Literally nobody. It's an U-23 tournament today
>>
>>68802875
>why the Uruguayans count them
FIFA counts them, stay mad 0 WC
>>
File: 453444.jpg (243 KB, 1660x910) Image search: [Google]
453444.jpg
243 KB, 1660x910
>>68802875
>Football Olympics (Belgium 1920)

Football in the Olympics goes back 20 years before then. We must never forget this because GBR won 3 gold medals.
>>
>>68799955
>after the last Confederations Cup
kek, Leddit
>>
>>68802946
not organized by FIFA, so that's why are not considered world titles.
>>
>Brazil
Easily the greatest producer of football talent in the world, even now that they are having a weak generation their players infest football leagues all over the world

>Germany
Germans are simply too good at football, nuff said

>Italy
Arguably even better than the germans but way less consistent

>Argentina
Cheap scum, their football filosofy is 'murderball and pass it to the talented guy'

>the rest
One hit wonders
>>
>>68802946
24 & 28 are official FIFA titles because they were organized by them, thus are the only Olympic approved as WC
>>
>>68803012
>>68803051
I see, yes.
>>
>>68802568
> I love Bayern :)
> what is a Hertha?
> why are they called "96" and "04"?
> what does DFB stand for?
> why do you care about the Pokal?
> I love Bayern :)

I'm sure you know that feel.
>>
>>68800868
>portugal thinks he knows shit about football.
>>
>England
I enjoy their style of football and I always like when our teams play each other. Always have good pretty good team on paper, mentality is the biggest issue. If they'd get a good coach for once, they might make stuff happen.

>Italy
I actually like Italian football. Always dangerous, never have a really good team on paper, win anyway. The antithesis to England. I fucking hate the contrarians in our country who make a point to root for them, though.

>Uruguay
I know they used to be really good, but I don't know enough about them to have an opinion.

>Spain
Team feels older than it is. If Iniesta has a bad day, they have a hard time. If Iniesta has a good day, they win. Very conservative coach.

>France
I don't get them. Always a team that could get a title, but they often have difficult characters on the team, issues with team spirit and egomania, but often it doesn't matter and they win anyway.

>Argentina
I don't like them at all. I will never acknowledge a nation that adores a cunt like Maradona. A lot of drama about nothing.

>Germany
We have a coach that needs 3 attempts to get a decent formation going. The best thing about traditions in our team are the GOAT material goal keepers we always have.

>Brazil
Used to hate them. Prancy motherfuckers, always individually good players with only mediocre team work, had tons of luck AND skill in the right moments. 7-1 was bliss, but at this point I rather pity them. Their country collapsing makes that victory rather shallow. I hope they will be back as a good team, so we can destroy them again.
>>
>>68802946

We'll take one star on our crest, thank you.
>>
>>68799955
Thanks bro
>>
>>68803425
see
>>68803012
>>68803051
>>68803107
>>
>>68803371
>never have a really good team on paper
u fucking wot
>>
Why no one mentions Netherlands? Because we always get rekt in the finals or half finals?
>1974
>1978
>1998
>2010
>2014

A-at least we won the euro in 1988 ;_;
>>
>>68803371
>nation that adores a cunt like Maradona
We adore him as a player and as a meme machine, no one likes him as a person by now ahmed, in fact, everyone considers messi to be our best role model for kids, even those that hate how he plays.
>>
>>68803711
>by now
You had to make him your coach until you got to that point, though.
>>
>>68803711
Nah, mate, stop kidding yourself. The day Maradona dies, the goverment will declare three days of mourning and there will be schools named after him, and you know it.
>>
>>68803987
No, we always saw him as a "lose cannon", but when he started not recognizing his kids, beating his wife, and generally coming out as the horrible human being that he is he lost the support. Around early 2000. Being "cunnnig" (cheating) and having a strong personality (he comes from slums after all nigger) doesn't make you a bad person so we always had leniency, but he crossed several lines.
>>
>>68803711
>The best role model in his country is an athlete
>>
File: descarga.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>68799955
>Uruguay
>four stars
>>
>>68803709
Netherlands for me is a traditional team with a rich story of GOATS etc, but you had a lot of chances to win a WC, you really should have got at least one...
>>
>>68804451
decime que se siente, hijo
>>
>>68803371
We beat you in 2002, i don't think one result means you will always destroy us.
Brazil will be back surely.
>>
>>68802132
stupid burger, stop trying to push the whole "if USAs main sport was soccer we'd dominate" shit
>>
>England
weak mental, i don't get why, they should be pretty badass
>Italy
i used to hate them, now i really like their ability to win against anyone, they can play very good and beautiful football when they want
>Urgay
not worth mentioning anymore, dirty murderball
>Spain
they're basically italy passing instead of defending, without the beautiful play, i hate them refusing to do anything else than passing, no duels, no shoot, no defense, no speed, can't wait for iniesta retirement so they disappear for good
>France
typical french sports team : can do the very best or the very worst, used to have a very good playstyle, the '82 team deserved much, much more to win the WC even if the '00 were monsters, i remember them being boring for always winning, the Zidane era made me see them as always bad since he left and i don't get why they should be favorites anymore, would be better if they disappeared, so they can rebuild a good generation in peace
>Argentina
good/above average everywhere plus the occasional genius but they don't inspire me very much, don't like, don't hate
>Germany
strange feelings now they don't murderball anymore, efficient as fuck and enjoyable playstyle, disciplined and beautiful collective moves, and always count on them in any major tournament, imo the nation seized the quintessence of the game regarding teamplay
>Brazil
same as germany but for the individual part, i like them when they go back to their basics : winning by simply playing better
also i don't get why we win so often against them
>>
Imagine if every thread and every post was as in depth at OPs

When ever there's a game thread it's impossible to form a detailed opinion about the game let alone hold a discussion with all the shit posting

This place is a state
>>
>>68802625
You're not allowed to post here anymore.
>>
>>68804761
forgot one thing for France : too black, way too black, it's ridiculous
>>
>>68804571
>We beat you in 2002
You did that way more often.

>i don't think one result means you will always destroy us
Always is a long ass time. I was talking more about the current state. Your team is in a bad state and you have the Olympics PR disaster ahead of you.

>Brazil will be back surely.
I hope so, having a completely shit team with bleak prospects sucks, I still remember the Ribbeck era.
>>
>>68804867
The team or the country?
>>
>>68804936
>You did that way more often.
In fact no, that was the first ever meeting between the two teams in WCs. the 7-1 was the second
>>
You guys saying Uruguay is dirty. I agree but they can't really afford to play beautiful football, their talent gene pool is not so great in a country with 3m people.
>>
>>68804761

>weak mental

Yeah I reckon this is due to our media
>>
>>68800020
Spain was pretty good in the 30s, decent in the 50s and good again in the 60s
then became shit until the 80s-90s and since then we are legit good
check the stats of the euros, we are very good
>>
And nowadays we have small countries like belgium chile and austria that want to be big
>>
>>68804986
there's more of an arab problem here, so it's the team obviously, i got nothing against guys from guadeloupe or other overseas islands, they're french 100 %, but all those african niggers, no thanks, plus they play like your typical africans : they only run fast, won't acheive anything
the only good thing is filling the team with muh athletic big black guys would accelerate the downfall, but it poses an image problem
>>68805407
more or less the same for us, see 2010 WC, our media is just (slightly) less retarded, i wish they could just stop
>>
>>68802073
>Then when they arrived in Germany mocked the argentinians mimicking monkeys, remember?!

This isn't true. They mimicked Gauchos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-1dW2-E6f4
>>
>>68806294
This is allright though, we were prepared to do much, much worse, in fact, we did worse to brazil just for the fun of it. It's all in the bantz.
>>
>>68803709
Dutch footballers like to toot their own horn.
Like Cruyff always pretending he invented the game.
And their victim mentality everytime they face "big ,bad, evil" Germany excludes them from calling themselves GOATs.
Great football nations don't act like that.
>>
>>68803709
I think the Dutch have more done for Football than any other country.
There dutch destroy etsablished football and force couches to develop new tactics.

The dutch are the scientists of football.
>>
>>68800214
>bad losers

what
>>
>>68799955
Brazil: unpredictable, they can be unstoppable or utter shit at the tip of a hat

Germany: Solid, strong performances 95% of the times.

Argentina: a more pragmatic Brazil, which sadly for them doesn't always work

Uruguay: bloodthirsty, can be a real pain in the ass

France: They seem to lack a general idea of game, resorting a bit too much on the single players, which can be effective or not

Englel: They simply are not there, I'm afraid.

Spain: They're a good team but resort a bit too much to diving.
>>
>>68800214

>Bad losers

this isn't true at all
>>
>>68808920
Do you like diving?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85r5clOlCs
>>
>>68808050
>>68809207
you are though
>>
>tfw England will always have a WC

Feels good lads.
>>
>>68799955
>Pre-1982 world cups

Here are the real standings

Italy: 2
Germany: 2
Brazil: 2
Argentina: 1
Spain: 1
France: 1
>>
>>68809817
what's wrong with pre 82 WCs?
Is it possible that you are mentally challenged and a hippy?
>>
>>68810244
He's just another England obsessed American.
>>
>>68810427
>he has a reffball star
>the only way england ever could win a wc was through a reff.

kek
>>
>>68800392
those are premier beagle class, my scurvy friend
>>
>>68799955
Why are Uruguay credited with 4 stars?
Germany only 3?
>>
>>68811183
We donated a star to Uruguay after the third place match in 2010.
>>
>>68811183
Uruguay asked FIFA to count two pre-1930 olympics gold medals for them
Germany only 3 because he's either butthurt or just uploaded a old pic
>>
>>68811183
forgot to add the new germany logo
and uruguay has 4 WCs or at least they think they have
>>
>>68811414
Why did they only give it too Uruguay? England won the Olympics 3 times, pre 1930. Belgium won 1 and fucking Canada won also.
>>
>>68811891
This is what fagots say: >>68803051

This is actually true: >>68811378
Also the first WC counts as two.
>>
>>68811414
>>68811492
>>68811891

We didn't ask that. FIFA organized those Olympic tournaments and they consider those tournaments as world titles.
If you disagree with that fact, go and complaint with them
>>
>>68811891
>England won the Olympics 3 times, pre 1930. Belgium won 1 and fucking Canada won also.

Read the thread, silly.
>>
File: 1462829418463.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1462829418463.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>he counts "Jules Rimet trophies" as legit world cups
>>
>>68809817
are you gay?
>>
I just LOVE when when people do survey theads and act broeedit dumbfucktard tier in general

it feels just like a certain board in this very anime figurine trading posting that also has flags
>>
i accidentally a word there but you know what i mean
>>
>>68799955
>Germany: The best ones in technical movements, their game is everything about precise ball passes. The worst winners E-V-E-R, they love to diminish others to feel good about themselves.
so salty
>>
>>68799999
99999 confirm
>>
>>68800214
>Bad losers
What? everyone i know here admire you Germany and your perfect football. You were a great 2014 champ without doubt.
>>
>>68799999

Those digits mi amigo
>>
File: uruguay always.jpg (258 KB, 2048x1013) Image search: [Google]
uruguay always.jpg
258 KB, 2048x1013
>>68804530
Decime que se siente que te elimine un pais que no tiene ni para comprar papel higenico.

DINOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>68815132
yo 4, y vos?
>>
>>68806294
Idc why people complained about that, the champ has the right to celebrate as he want.
>>
>>68815365
Everyone has the right to celebrate as he wants.
>>
>England: For founding it they always deserve the proper respect. They have been starving for titles for a too long period, even though we are not that dumb to despise them. We can see that they have it in their blood too: a very particular way to drive the ball, they understand how "she" flows. Whenever they are on TV our ears become sharpen to know how they are doing.

This the nicest thing I have heard anyone say about my country. Thank you based hue anon ;_;
>>
File: 4estrellas_papu.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
4estrellas_papu.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>68815212
http://www.taringa.net/post/deportes/17986425/Por-que-Uruguay-tiene-4-estrellas.html

Stay mad /sp/
>>
File: denunciado dino.gif (565 KB, 283x194) Image search: [Google]
denunciado dino.gif
565 KB, 283x194
>>68817241
>Taringa
Que picardia
>>
File: SBOtterill.jpg (27 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
SBOtterill.jpg
27 KB, 460x276
England: good lads. Know how to bomb on and stick it in the mixer.

Italy/Uruguay/Argentina: dicing, fouling, fighting, biting, feigning cheating daygos - from L to R progressively more cheating and daygo-ish. My island home is still tsundere for Maradonna

France: Don't really understand footer desu. WOn by chance.

Germnay: "Football is a funny game. 22 men kick a ball for 90 minutes and at the end the nazis win." See pic related. They consistently produce players with the most punchable faces in all of sport. Fucking krauts.

Spain: pass pass pass pass tax breaks pass pass pass pass homologous blood transfusions pass pass pass pass pass

Brazil. The thing about wtahcing Brazil is that it's Brazil and it's just like watching Brazil, just like watching Brazil, just like watching Brazil. I don't mind them, or the dutch.
>>
>>68817391
Blood bags? What blood bags? It's not like someone has destroyed evidence or anything :^)
>>
>>68799955
>Brasil
By far, historically the best team in the world.
>Italy
Strongest team in Southern Europe. Have produced excellent players at every position, but have been missing pieces recently. Play with passion.
>Germany
Strongest team in Northern Europe. Calculated play, and make the best of their players. Even Goetze is a star for Germany.
>Argentina
Produced the only play to carry a team through a WC. Underperforming recently, but possibly the best team in South America. It's a toss up down there.
>Uruguay
The original "Historically Great" team. Always seem to have a high class side, with a population of like 5 million.
>France
A team I think has underperformed during its history. My favorites to win the Euros.
>England
A great team that is overhyped to be the best. Currently performing at their best, but still considered "underperforming" by the English. Fairly mediocre players recently as well.
>Spain
The team of the late 00's, and early 10's. One of the best groups of players in history coming together and dominating from 2008 to 2012.
>Netherlands
Best country to never win a WC by far. Basically created modern football. Recently underperformed massively, and it's a shame Robben, Snjeider, and Van Persie never got a Euro or WC.
>Portugal
Like Argentina, should be able to be carried to a WC or Euro by CR7, but he has underperformed for them. Otherwise, a solid but aging team.
>Chile
Another competitor for best team in South America. Best midfield in South America, and it has carried them.
>Colombia
If Falcao wasn't injured in the WC 2014, and was still playing at his Athletico Madrid level, I think we could have seen a Colombian WC win, and possibly continued domination from Falcao, Rodriguez, and guys like Iturbe and Ibarbo. Third best team in SA.
>>
>>68818036
>Argentina
>underperforming recently

>First in the FIFA ranking
>beat USA 4:0
>Is going to rush to the Copa win with absolut domination
>>
>>68800603
??? ¿¿¿???
since june 2000 england have played germany 8 times and both teams have won 4 times each.
>>
>>68818774
They win when it matters though, beating them 5-0 in a friendly means nothing.
>>
>>68818774
Look at what games those were.
All important ones -> Germany wins
Others -> England.
>>
>>68818944
we beat you in two competitive internationals, you beat us in two - with notorious refball
>>
>>68818944
in 2001 you literally lost 5-1 to liverpool. even heskey scored i think
>>
>>68819092
>Euro 2000 where both teams failed in the groupstage

And of course the 4-1 in 2010

Wasn't able to find other important events.

>>68819414
>unimportend qualifier games
We also lost to Poland and Ireland in those qualifiers once.
It's not the most important games.
>>
>>68819491
face it, england are an equal if not superior team to germany in almost every perceivable way
>>
>Germany is Englands football rival
>Germans don't even know about it

>>68819901
Come back when you won the WC three more times.
>>
Sorry, Germany. I do not think we will have a chance to play together in this European.

[spoiler];_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>68818341
we've been having great generations of players and it's still 23 years without winning jack shit

argentina is probably the most underperforming nation of all
>>
>>68820096
I guess only a WC win is considered not underperforming in Argentina.
>>
>>68820096
I think I'm going to bet against you in the final, sorry :-/
>>
>>68819958
Why?
What's wrong?
>>
>>68819954
>sincerely replying to that obvious bait
>>
>>68800615
If we are counting tournaments before the World Cup, England get 50 odd stars
>>
>>68819954
>>68820435
/thread
>>
>>68820435
No.
>>
>>68820435
For many years it was only England vs Scotland who played international games. I'd say give both teams loads of stars for their wins against eachother.
>>
>>68800518
>Spain
>Just one good generation

are you 10 ?
>>
>>68820374
Spain will destroy us.
>>
>>68820900
>Spain plays
>Full of typical Spain tiki taka
>Doesn't work against world class Italian defence
>tiki taka tiki taka
>3:0 Italy

Croatia can do it too desu.
>>
>>68821236
Croatia won because Spain stopped to attack when Nolito went out
>>
>>68821383
>Kill Nolita
>Spain doesn't attack anymore
Pottery
>>
>>68802946
>only 3 clubs entered
>>
>>68801654
>FIFA
you mean yourselves, FIFA just allowed you to put them on your crest. They are not actually counted by FIFA.
>>
>>68820819
Home Championships m8.

Also UK have at least 2 Olympic gold medals in football we can add. We might have 3, can't remember
>>
>>68800179
I thought he was about to draw a swastika.
>>
>>68821686
It was the only way Canada was going to win one.
>>
I'm brazilian, brazil is only champion for me. Ronaldo / Roberto Carlos / little bit of Ronaldinho too .. pls brazil is only country
>>
>>68821723
stfu, I googled and found the official FIFA doc where this is explained. stay mad PU70
>>
File: uruguash.png (51 KB, 1004x591) Image search: [Google]
uruguash.png
51 KB, 1004x591
>>68821723
And here is proof.
>>
>>68799990

Christ Götze is such a faggot
>>
>>68822159
those are World Cups, retard. we only won 2. but we have 4 world titles
>>
To be honest teams stick stars on their crest to mean all kinds of shit. It's not reserved just for world cups. Sure Egypt have a few on theirs
>>
>>68822315
Means we got at least 12
>>
>>68822315
Yeah whatever you say dinosaurio
>>
>>68799991
>7-1
>>
>>68822315

Then we have 4 world titles too, since we won the Olympics in 1900, 1908, and 1912 (all before the establishment of the World Cup)

And before you say "that was a Great Britain team", it looks from Wikipedia like every single player was English.

So why shouldn't we claim 4 world titles? By your reasoning, we should.
>>
>>68799955

Brasilero, decime que se siente al saber que sos un dinosaurio prehistórico, que te petaron el cacas por 7 a 1 los alemanes en TU PROPIA CASA, que tu última Copa te la regalo papa Havelange en el mundial ROBADO de Corea, y que NUNCA MAS volveras a levantar una Copa del Mundo.
>>
>>68800518
>chile

0 good generations
>>
>>68823478
>4
Nah, 12 when you include all the home championship wins pre-1900
>>
>>68823478
I'll write an email to the IFAB to have this confirmed. FIFA ain't the authority over me.
>>
File: Mars-680x365.jpg (46 KB, 680x365) Image search: [Google]
Mars-680x365.jpg
46 KB, 680x365
>>68802181
>>
>>68799955
>Italy: They always have a good football to show.
Italy's football is fucking disgusting
>>
>>68823558
You talk like an argentine. Stop being jealous and win a fucking cup already, it's been 23 years.
>>
>>68799990
goatse got fat
>>
>>68800577
YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT 2002? LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT 2002
>>
>>68825019

That's not true at all. Italy has always playing nice football. Stop sucking the dick of french media.
>>
>>68825905
>Stop sucking the dick of french media
I have never ever watched french media
Italy always dives, fouls and plays defensive for 88 minutes and then scores two times
>>
>>68800606
Wait, cчкa qualified?
>>
>>68825945

Tell that to Ac Milan. That's just ridiculous cliché
>>
>>68826013
I'm talking about the national team, I don't know much about the Italian league
>>
>>68799955
>no netherlands
lolwut
>>
>>68799955
England: Been irrelevant for almost 20 years straight.

Italy: Great defensive team, when they get good offensive players to go along their defensive football like Totti or Pirlo they become unstoppable.

Uruguay: The Italy of south america, but more like a chinese knockoff.

Spain: They peaked in 2010 and I doubt they will reach that level again in a looong time.

France: Weak, unorganized team.

Germany: Gives me nightmares, I doubt we will be able to beat them in a WC ever again.

Brazil: GOAT football nation, current gen is shit ouside of nerman, but without a doubt they will get back to the top again once the next gen arrives. (3-5 years).
>>
>>68799955
>England
#1 at inventing sports and being just pretty good at them. Can only cling to 1966 for so long.

>Italy
#1 at being an eternal boring defense team. Frustrating to watch (winning or losing), but can't argue with results.

>Uruguay
Generally punches well above its weight. I'd be shocked if they won another World Cup any time soon though.

>Spain
Eternal chokers until one of the most dominant runs ever, especially considering how much more difficult it is today, compared to say 40 years ago.

>France
2006 and then 2010 are still stuck in my mind

>Argentina
A great team that doesn't perform enough to be an elite team. 2nd place trophies only go so far when you want to be counted among the greatest.

>Germany
If someone says "I want to see how a good team plays", this is where I would point them. Watching their Euro 2008 games made me love the sport.

>Brazil
"FUCK IT WE'RE DOING IT LIVE - The Team". Great in the past, now seem like a bunch of clowns who can't put together a good tournament.

>Netherlands (Honorable Mention)
The only other team that deserves to be in conversation. "Unlucky" to only have one Euro trophy to show for all their great history. Probably some tough times ahead too.
>>
>>68831159
>Argentina isn't an elite team

Kek, americanites.
>>
>>68831159
>An american finally admitting we're good at sports

We're the most consistent sporting nation on the planet. Besides the American and Snow sports we're pretty much decent - world class in every other sport.
>>
>>68832868
You easily have the best team in the world at the moment. Aguero doesn't even get in your first team that's fucking crazy.

I Don't think we'll ever see a team with so much depth as this Argentine one.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.