[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good books on football theory? I only understand the basic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Any good books on football theory? I only understand the basic shit you need to watch a football match. I want to understand more advanced stuff like formations and strategies.
>>
But why? You can understand literally all you need unless you are a coach from simply watching the games.

Otherwise I'd recommend your local FA-published coaching badges textbooks.
>>
>>68795346
Inverting the Pyramid by Jonathan Wilson.
>>
You need a book to understand football formations and strategies?
You fucking moron
>>
>>68795346
http://www.zonalmarking.net/bibliography/
>>
Buy FIFA and try not to be a retard at it
>>
>>68795402
>>68795446
Thanks. I think this is the book I've been looking for.
>>
>>
>>68795346
That effort could be going to learn something useful like how to fix your own car.
>>
>>68795346
I'll have you up to speed in 3 years, 10 if you like Ronaldo >>68795442
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Art-Smart-Football-Chris-Brown/dp/069244825X
>>
There's a good German site but I can't remember the name. I'll find it later if this thread is still around
>>
>>68795675
Spielverlagerung, I'm guessing.
>>
File: Sin título.png (47 KB, 700x162) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
47 KB, 700x162
Thanks for reccing this book, guys. It really puts into perspective the evolution of football as we know it. Unfortunately, it says nothing about the Spanish football style, but the book's not to blame since it's a relatively old book.
>>
>>68795703

Yeah that's the one. Sometimes they drag out a point too much but it's mostly good stuff.
>>
>>68795750

Yeah it came out before Spain/Barca tiki-taka domination but it reads more like a history book talking about the evolution of tactics so you get to read about all the historical underpinnings of that style
>>
File: Untitled.png (160 KB, 700x594) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
160 KB, 700x594
HUE HUE GIBE MONEY OR I REPOT U
>>
>>68795703
Nice website. Bookmarked.
>>
>>68795346
Grab a ball, call your buddies and pick a stre- oh wait, you don't really have friends, don't you
>>
>>68795491
It's sad how much this guy tries to put up a bad boy image
>>
>>68795376
I highly disagree. As someone who was more into basketball in my youth I really needed a friend of mine to explain it to me. We were playing FIFA and he explained me I was easily beatable because I always tried to defend people instead of zones. That comment clicked something in my head and once I started looking at football as a game about zones I found a complete new appreciation for it I never used to have.
>>
>>68795346
Download football manager and play.
>>
>>68800763
>FIFA
literally unironically a mem answer
>>
bump

I'm also interested in the sport, it seems to have the most hype and fun
>>
Same desu. I understand when a team is parking the bus, but I never quite understood how someone could say Leicester don't care about possession when every time I see them play they seem fairly eager to win the ball with Vardy, Mahrez, Okazaki, and Kante pressing everywhere on the field.
>>
>>68801205
This.

Will teach you more in a few hours playing than any book.
>>
>>68796439
he would literally kill you mate
>>
>>68802204
No one believes you're Welsh, Vinnie
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.