[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-Amerifats. What is your favourite Ameritard sport?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 16
File: American-Sports.jpg.png (153 KB, 502x502) Image search: [Google]
American-Sports.jpg.png
153 KB, 502x502
Non-Amerifats. What is your favourite Ameritard sport?
>>
>>68748840
Football, obviously. The real American one.
>>
Baseball then Football. Those are the goat sports imo. I casually follow Basketball and Hockey too.
>>
>>68748840
Hockey
>>
>>68748857
>>68749022
>>68749038
FFS
>>
>>68748857
>>68749022
>>68749038
Fucking hell boys
>>
i'm not american, my great grand father was born in ireland and my favorite sport is Basketball. because the CELTICS have the greatest most NBA championships of all time.
>>
hockey
>>
Nba and nfl
>>
1- Nfl
2 - Nba

Fuck baseball
>>
File: 1464228716663.png (175 KB, 329x453) Image search: [Google]
1464228716663.png
175 KB, 329x453
>>68749055
>>68749072
>Implying anyone other country's opinion matters
>>
I'm a football man myself, go Dortmund.
>>
>>68749055
>>68749072
I'm not fat though
>>
>>68748840
NFL. It's pretty good for me because every action will result in something. There is no other sport like that that I know of. NHL and NBA are good but there are other fast paced sport that I keep track of. I honestly don't understand why they consider baseball thei national sport. It is so fucking boring and idiotic.
>>
>>68748840
>leagues are sports
>>
NFL > NBA > NHL

Baseball is a shitty meme sport
>>
>>68749245
>It is so fucking boring and idiotic.

My man.

The only people that watch baseball anymore are 65+. It's well on its way to slipping out of the top 4-5 in the under 40 crowd. It's on borrowed time.
>>
>>68749245
because it has the most history out of all our other leagues. the National League started in the 19th century, some 40 years before the NFL started. integrated colored players before the civil rights movement ever happened. and the rules have been basically the same since the 1800s, whereas the original version of football is almost unrecognizable.
>>
>>68749367
>Baseball is on borrowed time
>Ratings are higher than they've ever been
>The average age for MLB.tv subscribers is 27
Maybe if you guys say it enough, Baseball will finally die.
>>
why do people treat baseball as a purely american thing?
very international sport, #1 sport in several countries in several regions. The US isn't even one of them, though it's a solid second sport here
>>
>>68749367
>"i'm going to make this post again!"
>>
>>68749386
>This delusion

It's sad really how boreball fans don't see it coming.
>>
>>68749396
because everyone on this board is an autistic 16-year-old with the same smug arrogance of your average ledditor
>>
>>68749410

Source not cited.
>>
>>68749195
This.
>>
>>68749410
>"P-please don't disprove my shitty points with facts"

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>68748840
Apehoop then luckswing. Handegg only on Superbowls and I couldn't ive less of a shit about icefight.
>>
Basketball & baseball. I couldn't care less for the other two.
>>
File: world-seriesthrough2008.gif (24 KB, 722x579) Image search: [Google]
world-seriesthrough2008.gif
24 KB, 722x579
>>68749431
>>68749449

P-please watch our "sport".
>>
File: big-league-revenues.png (35 KB, 458x313) Image search: [Google]
big-league-revenues.png
35 KB, 458x313
>>68749527
baseball is similar to NASCAR in the sense that people prefer to watch the games live. they make buttloads of money but you don't see any ads for it, because they have a 162 game schedule and they make more money from ticket sales and concessions.
>>
>>68749610
How much does an average ticket cost to watch an NFL game?
>>
>>68748840
Baseball is definitely at the bottom.
>>
>>68748840
>nhl not red white and blue
edgy
>>
>>68749610
I didn't know how close NBA and NHL are
>>
Apehoop and handegg
>>
>>68749646
for my team the crappy seats can go as low as $70, decent seats are around $220. baseball seats are a lot cheaper but they sell a lot more tickets. $120 can get you a few rows behind home plate with bar and restaurant access.
>>
>>68749729
>bar and restaurant access

Which is needed at any boreball game due to the lack of anything interesting/athletic/entertaining going on.
>>
>>68748840
You guys have the best Basketball league in the world, i don't like it that much, but it is always fun to watch.

What you call Football it's not half bad either.
>>
>>68749527
>Maybe if I ignore the regional statistics, I'll be correct
Baseball has the phenomena where people will only watch their own team. This is partly due to the fact that it's hard to get consistent national coverage for a sport with so many games, so the only networks that consistently play games for the networks from that team's region.

Once the postseason rolls around, people tend to stop watching once their team is eliminated since the other teams aren't nearly as covered in their region, so there's less reason for them to care.

Also, common sense says that a league that is consistently losing money wouldn't be able to host a 30 teamx162 game season year after year after year.

Baseball is thriving. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
>>
>>68749729
It also depends who's comin to town. If you're playing the cowboys for example, ticket prices will go up.
>>
>>68749752
the restaurant is usually empty actually, since if you have those tickets you can get food delivered to your seat. you can still see the field when you're in the bar and there's like 9 flatscreens showing the game. it's fun to have a drink when the visiting team is up to bat.
>>
>>68749527
JUST
>>
File: MLB_Attendance_1950-2013.png (44 KB, 735x402) Image search: [Google]
MLB_Attendance_1950-2013.png
44 KB, 735x402
>>68749822

JUST
>>
>>68749766
Whatever helps you sleep at night, Anon.

The regional ratings are deceiving since nobody <40 is watching TV anymore on a random Tuesday night. Everyone in that demographic is busy playing video games or watching Netflix. It's just the old timers that flip on the game after watching the local news since there's literally nothing else on.

Look no further than the fact that MLB players can't land the big endorsement deals anymore and lack any sort of expansive footprint in social media.

Baseball isn't dying necessarily but it's not going to be in the top 4 much longer.
>>
>>68748840
NFL
>>
>>68749852
>Implying attendance matters over viewership.

????
>>
>>68749869
there's almost enough anecdotes in this post to BUILD
>>
>>68749869
When baby boomers start dying off, baseball is done.
>>
>>68749891
>headinthesand.pdf

I'm a baseball fan, Anon... but it's losing traction fast.
>>
>>68749884
when your league plays two thousand games every season and half of them start at 1pm then yeah attendance is kind of important.
>>
Baseball is soooo boring
>>
>>68749055
To be fair, you posted this thread when most of Europe is sleeping.
>>
>>68749926
no you're not because all you seem to want to do is talk shit about it. what the hell is going to take baseball's spot?
>>
>>68749947
>half of them start at 1pm
Who the fuck goes to see these games other than old fucks and the 5 year okds they force to go with them?
>>
>>68749926

Thats just your perception. Biggest player contracts and overall payroll in all US sports are MLB. The TV contract money is huge, second only to NFL. How is there this much money to throw into the sport if its dying? This idea that baseball is dying just isnt supported by the amount of money involved.
>>
File: WORLDCUP ME 062614 DRE 1239f.jpg (45 KB, 480x311) Image search: [Google]
WORLDCUP ME 062614 DRE 1239f.jpg
45 KB, 480x311
>>68749993
>>
Basketball, great sport
American football is not even a sport, ts a show, i was laffin so hard the other i was watching a game and i saw so fucking many FAT "athletes" playing this shit lmao
>>
>>68750008
people who "called in sick", people on summer vacation, and old people.
>>
>>68750029
what is this? woodstock '99?
>>
>>68749386
Mlb. TV

Well no shit young people just watch shit online and old people watch it on TV.

Baseball is on its way out its too fucking boring.
My girlfriend will go watch a hockey game or maybe NFL but never a bore all game
>>
>>68750076
>judging a sport based on female opinions
is this why they call you Cucknada?
>>
>>68749869
>Regional ratings are deceiving since nobody <40 is watching TV anymore
You're right, they're using streaming services. MLB.tv is the largest sports streaming service out there, and the average age is 27 years old for account holders.
>Look no further than the fact that MLB player can't land big endorsement deals anymore and lack any sort of expansive footprint in media
This has everything to do with the fact that MLB doesn't market players the way the NFL and especially the NBA do. There's also the same regionalism with this issue too. People know and love the players on their team, but don't care as much about players on other teams.
>Baseball isn't dying but it's not going to be in the top 4 much longer
The ratings are continuously growing, and people love their teams. Easily 60% of the people at my University were wearing a Baseball themed shirt on opening day, and people were gathered around common areas to watch the games. Sure, it's not as popular as Football, but that doesn't mean it's dying.
>>
>>68748840
NBA > NHL > watching grass grow > NFL > MLB
>>
>>68750008
Most games start after work is over. How the fuck would they make money if the majority of people couldn't watch the games?
>>
>>68750106
watching paint dry >>>>> watching grass grow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cricket
>>
>>68750206
Accurate.
>>
Hockey and Baseball are ok but I dont watch them
Handegg is kinda good but adhd inducing
Nighoop is just plain bad
>>
When I was in the USA, in terms of enjoyment AT the games it went

>Football, Basketball, Hockey, Baseball

Now I am home again it goes in the same order I guess, although I never watch Baseball on TV.
>>
>>68750095

You don't have to bother with some shitty streaming service with other sports because the big games are broadcast nationally. Look at how bad ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball ratings have gotten. Nobody cares.

>MLB doesn't market players the way the NFL and especially the NBA do

Because it's pointless. Nobody knows who Mike Trout is. It won't have any sort of effect and a waste of money.

Oh and Opening day is a national tradition. It's more about the celebration, parade, food and leaving work early than the actual sport.

Money in professional sports will ultimately go where the interest is. Social media is the best way to gauge that today. Washed up Clint Dempsey who played in England in his prime years has more clout than than Bryce Harper. Alex Morgan is more recognizable than both.

And it's just the beginning. The world is flat now.
>>
File: BTFOAPEHOOP.png (261 KB, 1483x904) Image search: [Google]
BTFOAPEHOOP.png
261 KB, 1483x904
I see the retard younger millennials and Mexican immigrants are back at it with their baseball is dying meme, using (lol) World Series ratings as proof.

Literally no one cares about the NBA if doesn't feature Lebron, Curry, or the Lakers.

The last time two teams met in the NBA Finals that lacked stars (from a marketing sense, not talent sense), the ratings were Stanley Cup Finals level.

Meanwhile, a World Series Game 7 drew 23 million in 2014, between two small market teams in the Royals and Giants. That's only 7 million less than last night's Game 7, which featured the two biggest stars in the game and was supported by a meme storyline.

Baseball also outdraws the NBA playoffs in local markets.

See pic. Baseball is twice as popular as the NBA. And the majority of these type of polls show the exact same thing.
>>
>>68750596
Go to bed gramps
>>
NBA > NFL >>>>>>>>>>> MLB >>>>>>>>>>>>> NHL
>>
File: pit borry.webm (3 MB, 656x368) Image search: [Google]
pit borry.webm
3 MB, 656x368
Only one sport in the world 3bh
>>
>>68750485
>Washed up Clint Dempsey who played in England in his prime

Still doesn't translate into tv ratings. No American gives one shit about povertyball unless it's the World Cup.

Clint Dempsey a draw. Lol. Yeah, that's why the US's opening game of the Copa America barely beat women's fuckin' softball in the ratings.

http://sportstvratings.com/usa-costa-rica-copa-america-oklahoma-auburn-softball-lead-cable-sports-tv-ratings-for-tuesday-june-7-2016/5209/
>>
>>68748840
Fuck yea: football

Will watch a game of it's on: hockey

Will start to watch a game of its on and inevitably not watch said game for more than 30 minutes: baseball

Kms: basketball
>>
>>68749993
Soccer

its quite popular in non shit hole areas due to being the new hipster sport
>>
>>68750626

Go back to Mexico, Paco.
>>
>>68750697
>Still doesn't translate into tv ratings.

Yeah because all the top networks weren't fighting tooth and nail for the lucrative rights to the Premier League..

Meanwhile ESPN is stuck with trying to save baseball and the playoffs have been on TBS.. toppers of lels
>>
File: mls-cup-tv-ratings.jpg (35 KB, 482x349) Image search: [Google]
mls-cup-tv-ratings.jpg
35 KB, 482x349
>>68750701

Copa America rating are in the toilet on English speaking networks, even when the US plays. And the MLS can't draw flies even if it covered itself in shit.

Americans are soccer bandwagoners. We only "care" when the US men or women are playing in the World Cup.
>>
>>68750823
>he forgot about NBC Premier League ratings
>>
>>68750786
>lucrative rights to the Premier League.

>The top 10 TV audiences for Premier League matches:

>1. Manchester United vs. Arsenal (November 2014): 1.41 million on NBC

Still behind that women's softball game. Yeah, toppers of lels indeed.

Meanwhile, baseball teams are signing multibillion dollar tv deals with their regional networks. You need to quit using ESPN as a barometer for baseball. Baseball fans watch their local channel.
>>
NBA for sure

Never watched a single minute of American football or Ice hockey
Watched like 15 minutes of baseball and I fell asleep
>>
>>68750890
>Baseball fans watch their local channel

At the local nursing home. Sure.

Many top lels indeed.
>>
>>68750849

They're crap.

As I said in my most recent post, the highest ever rated Premier League match on US tv only drew 1.4 million, which is still behind a fuckin' women's softball game.

Soccer isn't taking over shit, Paco.
>>
>>68748840
Ice Hockey I guess.

This is the only of these sports I already saw in an arena. One match. It seems to be great.

I never saw Baseball or American Football at all, even though the record champions of Germany in American Football come from my city.

Basketball is a sport for Niggers. It reminds me of Handball though and Handball is like the #2 sport in Germany, fun to watch.

Oh well, it seems like this conversation got a bit off-topic, so let's return to what OP asked
>>
>>68750913
Neymar has 50 million followers
Mike Trout has like 800k

Ronaldo and Messi are the highest paid athletes in the world (endorsements included)and it's not even close. They're also household names across the entire globe.

Interest gravitates to money and money drives interest. It becomes an exponentially expanding cycle.

Keep your head in the sand, Chad.
>>
>>68749729
>for my team the crappy seats can go as low as $70
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
That's outrageous, nobody would ever visit a stadium again over here if it costs this huge amount of money per match. I pay around 160€ (170-180$?) for a seasonal ticket, 17 matches...
>European football btw, as you could expect
>>
>>68749852
>what are larger stadiums?
>>
>>68750984
>Ronaldo and Messi are the highest paid athletes in the world (endorsements included)and it's not even close. They're also household names across the entire globe.

Who cares about that shit? We're talking about the US sports landscape here not the worldwide sports landscape.

>Interest gravitates to money and money drives interest. It becomes an exponentially expanding cycle.

Indeed.

> The company acquired the right to air Dodgers' games on SportsNet LA in 2013. The reported contract was worth $8.35 billion over 25 years.

>Now it will. Under a six-year agreement announced Monday that starts next season and is worth about $1 billion, NBC retained the rights to the Premier League through the 2021-22 season.

One team's tv deal is worth more than the entire league's tv deal.

The Yankees and Dodgers alone singed 15 billion dollars worth of television contracts.

>1 billion

That's cute.
>>
Baseball, Football, and Basketball I actively follow and have teams I root for.
Don't get the hate for baseball. It's the sport I feel unloved with first. Sure it's a little slow paced but there's a lot to like. Anyway

Soccer if it's WC or important matches.

Olympics
>>
>>68750485
1/2
Holy fuck, I don't even know where to begin.
>The big games are broadcast nationally
Baseball is excluded from this? Every postseason game, the home run derby, and the All-Star game are broadcast at the national level. Yes, the average Sunday Night Baseball game won't get the same ratings as a Sunday Night Football game, but it's already been established several times that Baseball is popular at the regional level, and that Baseball teams have competitive ratings with teams of other sports from the same region. Why you keep back tracking to national ratings is beyond me. Also, ESPN is obviously making a good enough profit to want to continue airing Baseball games week after week.
>Because it's pointless
Yes, but not for the reasons you think. An individual baseball player doesn't have the same impact on a team that a Basketball or Football player does. When was the last time the MVP in either Baseball league was on a World Series winning team? 1988. Basketball markets their players so heavily because people follow the players more than the teams now. How many fans would the Cavs have in LeBron wasn't there? There's no need to do heavy marketing for players on a national level when their presence doesn't really effect the team's outcome much. And if you think Mike Trout or Bryce Harper aren't considered to be Gods in their respective markets, you're retarded.
>Opening day is about the tradition and not about the sport
How is this any different than the Super Bowl? Sure, a good chunk of the people are partaking for the social aspect, but you're literally retarded if you think that the good majority of the people aren't actually watching because they enjoy it.
>Money in professional sports will ultimately go where the interest is.
Yes, and Baseball excels in terms of profit. The only league that's better than it is the NFL. Baseball is the only American sport with a $200+ million contract (and there are several of them).
>>
>>68750095
So baseball fans aren't really baseball fans. They only watch their team cause there's literally nothing else on TV during the summer
>>
>>68751097
I hope you stay safe in the little, isolated bubble you think America is.

Those days are long gone my pudgy friend.
>>
>>68751133
2/2
This isn't even including the fact that contract values are continuing to increase, and that Bryce Harper is projected to sign a $500 million contract when he hits free agency.Forbes has the Yankees tied with the Dallas Cowboys as the second most valuable sports franchise in the WORLD. A dying sport would not be able to sustain such big financial growth.
>>
>>68751133
All this money that's rooted in local cable network contracts.

In case you hadn't noticed, cable companies are going the way of the dodo. Fast.

Why do you think the NFL agreed to allow Twitter to stream their games? Their dabbling with it now because that's where we're all headed.

Is every boreball fan this out of touch?
>>
>>68751238
pretty sure it's been mentioned ITT that baseball has the best and most watched online streaming services
>>
idk if any of you brown people or french people or whatever who watch soccer want to make a screen cap of this or if it already is one, but in the louis theroux doc about serious brain injuries, a black kid who was in a crazy car wreck is a uge fan of a team called "arsenal" iirc and louis says to him, "now, were you a fan of arsenal before your brain injury?"

that would be funny to me if i cared about the sport i think. well, have a good one
>>
>>68751133
>Basketball markets their players so heavily because people follow the players more than the teams now. How many fans would the Cavs have in LeBron wasn't there?

I like the NBA and follow the sport itself, but this point is spot on. There are very few hardcore NBA fans who will watch the sport for the sport itself. They tune in to watch Lebron, Curry, or some other star.

See how ratings and interest absolutely tanked the following decade after Jordan retired. If it wasn't the Lakers in the finals, the ratings were garbage.

People who didn't experience the Jordan era think basketball is on some kind of upward trend, but it isn't. The NBA, in the US, will never be bigger than it was when Jordan was playing.

As popular as people think Lebron and Curry are, they are blips on the marketing radar compared to what Mike was.
>>
>>68751253
>best and most watched online streaming services

Because the games fail miserably when broadcast nationally.

We already addressed that, bud.
>>
>>68751283
exactly

and I'm not your bud, pal
>>
>>68751238

No they aren't.

>However, the actual numbers show that if the cord-cutting revolution is happening, then someone must have hit the mute button. In 2014, the pay -TV industry lost 125,000 subscriptions, up from 2013, when 95,000 customers cut the cord, according to a post on telecompaper.com that cites a report from Leichtman Research Group. Yes, consumers are walking away from cable and satellite TV, but they are exiting one at a time, not in droves. The pay-TV industry still counts more than 95 million subscribers on its rolls, so last year's exodus marks a decline of barely over 0.1%, or essentially a rounding error.

>The cord cutting "revolution" has been responsible for a """"""massive""""""" 0.1% decline in subscriptions.

Instead of getting your information from a Gizmodo article, actually try looking at the numbers and following the money.
>>
>>68749610
I fucking hate 3D bar charts
>>
>>68751253

Yep.

>While the NBA reversed its stance on where games are streamed, the issue in baseball is the success and popularity of baseball’s digital products, such as At Bat for mobile devices and the out-of-market MLB.TV. Those two products had a combined 3.5 million paid subscribers in 2014, representing the most of any professional sports league. MLBAM is already recognized as a leader in streaming video as it powers that technology for partners such as March Madness, ESPN, HBO and WWE Network.
>>
>>68748840
Baseball ofc.

I love watching fully dressed white men running around on the grass.

Almost as good as cricket.
>>
handegg>baseball>>>>ice hockey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>basketball

Though I probably prefer watching baseball because handegg is just so damn intrusive with the fucking stoppages, it's really tiring to watch.
>>
>>68748840
NFL > NHL > Lacrosse
Rest are garbage snorefest sports
>>
>>68751338
Well shilled, lad.

You can now watch HBO without a cable sub. The day cable loses its stranglehold on live sporting events(which will inevitably happen) is the very moment we evolve beyond cable TV... which will be a huge step forward for all of mankind.
>>
>>68751387
based reality check
>>
>>68748840
Pastanegro here

NBA is the only answer
>>
Can someone please explain the "baseball is boring, basketball is exciting" meme that I see repeated here so often?

As someone who comes from a country in which neither are prevalent, basketball is by far the dullest shit I have ever seen. At least baseball is technically interesting.
>>
NFL for me. Go Pats.
>>
File: basicbadge.jpg (53 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
basicbadge.jpg
53 KB, 500x255
>>68749752
>>
>>68751455
what xountry is this. please respond
>>
>>68751407
>The day cable loses

Who sells you the Internet you use to do all your streaming?

That's right, a cable company. And since these cable companies are highly invested in their cable tv infrastructure, cable tv will ALWAYS be an option or a part of your overall service package, even if they have to give it away (in the far future) to sell Internet and phone.

Cable tv won't go anywhere. It's just too convenient for broadcast television, especially sports. Turn on tv. Change to channel. No dicking around with turning on the computer or roku and loading up the stream.. No worrying about the stream locking up or a reduction in video quality, etc.
>>
>>68750596

>small market teams
>Giants

you had me up until this
>>
>>68751566
The Royals are a still a small market team, and no team in general really touches the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, and Dodgers when it comes to ratings
>>
>>68751441
>Can someone please explain the "baseball is boring, basketball is exciting" meme that I see repeated here so often?

Younger millennials need to see "stuff moving around" constantly on the screen to be entertained.

See all the capeshit movies breaking box office records as evidence of this mentality.
>>
>>68751551
Russia
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-21-02-17-38.png (49 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-21-02-17-38.png
49 KB, 1080x1920
what country is this
>>
>>68751559
We're going wireless though.. that and cities will provide it as a utility. Oh and don't forget Google's fiber optics project.

Cable is a fortunately a dead man walking. Look at their pricing. They know their days are numbered and they're going to squeeze as much dough out of America's pockets before they die off.

It's going to be glorious when we finally get the internet speeds we deserve. It's criminally how much big cable has stifled the industry through blatant regional monopolization.
>>
>>68751607
>American education
>>
>>68751607
ethiopia
>>
Golf
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-21-02-26-59.png (234 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-21-02-26-59.png
234 KB, 1080x1920
>estonia

whay country is this in
>>
>>68751441
I find both quite boring, koala.
>>
File: 1425261172700.png (23 KB, 656x949) Image search: [Google]
1425261172700.png
23 KB, 656x949
>>68751607
>>68751733
>>68751551
>>
>>68751607
naisekandmine land
>>
>>68751607
Latvia
>>
>>68751589
This is what I assumed, I figured actual sports fans would be better than that. /tv/ doesn't actually enjoy capeshit, they just like wanking to attractive people
>>
>>68748840
all of them desu (to be honest), even injun sports like lacrosse
>>
Basketball.
>>
>>68751589
Box office records actually are not being broken if you take inflation into account. Look it up. Movies are in a decline.
>>
>>68749763
Thank you for watching our sport big stronk Chilean
>>
>>68749410
Baseball is fucking awesome. I still play wiffle ball, faggit
>>
>>68751167
C H I C A N O
H
I
C
A
N
O
>>
Hockey
>>
nhl
turnleft
>>
>>68748840
Fagshoot
>>
Personal Ranking
1. NHL , my absolute favourite
2. NFL

POWERGAP

3. Apehoop

HUGE POWERGAP

4. Boreball (although can't decide if Apehoop or Boreball is more boring)

>>68752322
>Kongs
>>
I only watch the NBA when the Lakers are doing well. I still have a jockey hat of the Lakers that I had since I was a kid.
>>
>>68750661
Not a sport. It's WWE tier
>>
NBA
Hockey is ok but handegg and boreball are pretty meh.
>>
1.NBA
2.NHL
3.MLB
POWER GAP
4.NFL
>>
1. NFL
Tiny power gap
2. NBA
3. MLB
POWER GAP
4. NHL

>Playoffs
1. MLB
2. NFL
3. NHL
4. NBA
>>
>>68748840
NHL >>>> NBA >> MLB >>>>>> NFL
>>
>>68753826
>Canadiajn puts NHL last
wtf is wrong with you
>>
1. Handegg
2. Apehoop
3. Luckswing
POWER GAP
9001. Furpuck.
>>
>>68754056
Worst opinion ITT
>>
1.NHL
2.MLB
3.NBA
4.NFL
>>
>>68752302
"Hey look I posted the memes"
>>
followed NBA for the first time this season, was fun
""""""football"""""" is ok
NHL is boring
don't understand baseball rules
>>
>>68754158
>don't understand baseball rules

Don't worry. It's basically dead in America anyway. You're wasting your time.
>>
NHL

don't watch the others
>>
>>68748840
1-NFL

POWER GAP

2-NBA

POWER GAP

99999-MLS
9999999999-NHL
whyisitevenconsideredasport-MLB
>>
NHL of course
>>
I can't really pick one because they all bore me but probably NFL because I like rugby but the game stops too fucking often to show ads or because of time outs and shiet.
I remember falling asleep during that Patriots vs Seahawks final when I decided to give it a chance.
>>
>>68748840
nigreach
>>
File: lebron3.jpg (88 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
lebron3.jpg
88 KB, 750x750
1. NBA (praise LeGod)

POWER GAP

2. NFL

I don't follow the others.
>>
>>68749396
>2nd sport here
It isnt the 70s anymore
>>
>>68751551
Estonia is a country on the easter. shore of the Baltic Sea, south of Finland and west of Russia. Their language is similar to Finnish, iirc they have a good software industry, Finns buy booze for cheap there and take it back home much like Bostonians raiding New Hampshire markets, they've been a part of medieval Denmark, the Russian Empire, and the USSR, and their current president grew up and was educated in the USA.
>>
>>68748840
Since other Amerilards already posted, here's mine:
1. MLB - It's a thinking man's game, particularly if you're fond of statistics. You have to have a wide breadth of knowledge to truly appreciate the game, and understand the pitchers on both sides to understand that luck isn't the greatest factor (otherwise, what'd be the difference between a superstar that can hit .320 consistently vs. some dude that has poor mechanics in his swing?)
2- NBA - Lots of games, lots of action, and fortunately, LeBron won. This year's Finals was the best I've seen since the 96' Finals after MJ's father was murdered, and MJ won the trophy on Father's Day.
3- NFL - If the Bears do well this year, this might tie with NBA. They have a good shot at it too what with acquiring Danny Trevathon from the Broncos, and Kevin White is fully healed, plus it looks like Floyd has put on some weight.
HUGE GAPING CHASM
Graham's Number - NHL - I literally don't give a fuck about this sport. A lot of my friends are HUGE Blackhawks fans, but I'll never understand why. This is a sport, consisting solely of trailer-trash white boys who failed to get into the WWF. What is there to see?
>>
>>68754378
Spent a lot of time shopping for Estonian whores senpai?
>>
>>68748840
NFL>NBA>MLB

I just can't care less about NHL, I don't know why.
>I rank NHL

For the others it has a lot to do with significance of regular season games, NFL is the only american sport where watching regular season game is not a complete waste of time.
>>
>>68754418
That's a valid point actually. The NBA season is too fucking long. But from April to June it's amazing.
>>
Literally none of them appeal to me. Hockey seems to have the most potential but its weird watching a match when you can't see the puck so the untrained eye hasn't got a fucking clue what's going on.

Also in sports where players wear helmets you're kind of detached from them. Each player could be anyone. The whole get up just seems way over the top.

Worst of all they all come with that grating American commentary which is like a running joke over here.
>>
>>68748840
Basketball, baseball is so boring, and the superbowl sometimes, the hihlights.
>>
>>68754516
>Worst of all they all come with that grating American commentary which is like a running joke over here

I think you would fit in nicely at leddit.com, Anon
>>
apehoop is ok

boreball is boring
handegg is not a sport
hockey is okay but im not into it
>>
none of them are good
>>
1. NFL
2. NBA
3. MLB
4. NHL

Playoffs:
1. NFL
2. MLB (This goes down to the bottom of the list if the blue jays aren't in the postseason)
3. NBA
4. NHL (This goes above NBA if the habs are in the playoffs)
>>
>>68754303

By every metric known to man it's the 2nd sport here.
>>
>>68754686
Ignore the german flag, I am a canadian on vacation
>>
Ice Hockey, if that counts as an American sport, I think it is mostly only played Minnesota.
>>
Apehoop.
nfl is a meme and i would rather watch rugby.
>>
Non-yanks:

Would you at least consider watching NFL if didn't have as many interruptions?
I'd give it a shot if it was more dynamic.
>>
>>68748840
NBA ofc. is that even a question?
>>
File: Brasil voleibol 2004.jpg (412 KB, 2200x1467) Image search: [Google]
Brasil voleibol 2004.jpg
412 KB, 2200x1467
Volleyball
>>
>>68755797
you're alright

>>68754776
if you mean commercials I think everyone in the fucking world can agree.

if you mean the flow of the game abruptly starting and stopping then go to hell.
>>
File: file.png (57 KB, 473x463) Image search: [Google]
file.png
57 KB, 473x463
>>68754731
>if that counts as an American sport, I think it is mostly only played Minnesota.
yfw we have a hockey team in a state where it never snows and only gets below freezing a few days a year
>>
>>68754776
>if it was more dynamic
Jesus Christ how much more dynamic do you want the game to be? It's already basically chess in cleats.
>>
Hockey
>>
>>68754776
I torrent download the games, they cut pauses and ads, it's entertaining this way and as nobody care here, you just can't be spoiled, at least until the superbowl where normies suddenly remember this sport exists.
>>
>>68757046
no you don't
>>
if MLB isn't 1 or 2 in your list you are not american and should be killed
>>
NASCAR
>>
>people chosing Apehoop

Apehoop hasn't been good since the 90's, desu. It's memeball now with candy ass defense. A good defender like LELbron would be average back in the day.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.