[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ballon d'or so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: ClE22dOVYAEG1dB.jpg (74 KB, 720x401) Image search: [Google]
ClE22dOVYAEG1dB.jpg
74 KB, 720x401
If he wins this Euro and Messi fails to win Copa America, what are the actual chances of Iniesta winning Ballon d'or 2016? Will Bhutan's coach still vote to C.Ronaldo this year?
>>
>>68613466
seeing how Ronnie scored more goals than Messi and won the CL, he is the frontrunner. don't kid yourself.

and yes Iniesta probably deserves it more than both.
>>
none, he is behind Messi, Suarez, and Neymar just in Barcelona alone
>>
plays above average in one game
>balloon door
>>
>>68613466
with this voting system only Messi and C.Ronaldo has any chance to win. This year it will be Cristiano year's again.
>>
Don't forget that this competetion has turned into a popularity contest.

Joe Blogs could single handedly take Shaktar to win the Champions Leauge final scoring > 60 goals and he'll still lose out to Ronaldo.
>>
i think that Suarez will win it
>>
>>68613489
but that's wrong, Messi scored 32 goals and gave 18 assists, and C.Ronalo scored 29 goals and gave 8 assists. Both behind Suarez
>>
Ballon d'Or is a popularity contest. Messi or Ronaldo will win it until they retire, regardless of performance.
>>
>>68613581
This ever since the new ballon d´or it's been nothing but a popularity contest
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>Mfw Woy votes for David Luiz
>>
>>68613666
Well... to be fair they are kind of good.
>>
>>68613525
>if he wins this Euro
Van Basten won it in 1988 for the same reason, and so did Sammer in 1996, it wouldn't be that weird.
>>
>>68613581

True.

>>68613525

The thing is that he's ''average'' play is better than literally anyone in his position.

Anyway, obviously Messi and Penaldo are good but goddamn you know Iniesta deserves one.
>>
>>68613987
>it wouldn't be that weird.
it would be, since it isnt 1996 anymore and the voters vote for the player they like more not who is better.
>>
As great as Iniesta is, Messi is Messi.

And it's not like Messi is having a bad year. He's dropped deep and become a better play maker than Iniesta and still scored about 40 goals. Unfortunate for Iniesta that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he is overshadowed by the great man.
>>
modric deserves to make the final three. I'm sick of people overrating players who score 40 goals in a league with such terrible defenders.

suarez has been the most entertaining. penaldo scored 50 tap-ins and penalties, nerman was nothing special and even messi was poor by his own standards.
>>
>>68613611
are you on crack?

Ronnie scored 35 goals in La Liga, while Messi scored 26. in the CL, Ronnie once again scored more than Messi.

yes I know Suarez scored more than both but let's be real. no footballer will ever win the balloon door until these two fuck off.
>>
Spain's biggest problem in 2014 was: we were tired af and Diego Costa was pushed in as some sort of multikulti thing, it just didn't work.
>>
>>68614260
And fucking Casillas that was like playing without a keeper
>>
>>68614246
Ballon d'or counts natural years, In 2016 C.Ronaldo has less goals and way less assists
>>
>>68614246
>By season

It's by year champ
>>
>>68614260
I'm filled with joy that Costa is not selected, the only 'good' thing he did was dive against us and get a penalty. Now he's stuck with a spanish nationality and despised by hue's and spanish

good stuff
>>
>>68614200
t-t-thanks
>>
He'll probably still not win the Ballon D'Or (though it's closer than ever with Messi and Ronaldo not being as good as usual), but he'll win the UEFA best player award again, which pretty much is the next best thing and they actually vote for players other than Ronaldo and Messi (Iniesta and Ribery won it a while back).
>>
>>68614303
>>68614333
oh. well, learn something new everyday I guess.
>>
>>68614288

Can't believe your fat fucking manager kept his job after bencing De Gea for Casillas. De Gay would never make those major fuck-ups in the Neverlands game.
>>
>>68614468
De Gea wouldn't have changed much 2bh, maybe it would've been 3-1, but that team was a complete disaster.
>>
>>68614468
Pretty much.Krusty likes his buddies a little too much.Casillas lost all its physical form in the last years with Mou. And all the netherlands goals, were partially him screwing up.
>>
>>68614511
Dude, Casillas screwed up superhard in the first Netherlands goals.He pretty much demoralized the team,from a 1-0 to 1-2 in no time
>>
>out of Iniesta, Suarez and Modric only one will make it to the top 3
>none of them will win it
how does this make you feel /sp/?

>>68614468
>>68614519
tbf like >>68614511 says it wasn't only Casillas fault
the whole team was horrible
>>
>>68614511
Dumb spic

With him you could have won it.
>>
>>68614561
Don't care about the balloon door tbqh, both players are great
>>
>>68614303
in fewer games though. his goal ratio is still better
>>
>>68614561
Lets settle this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kL6sDhZrzY
Gol1:Out of position
Gol2:He couldnt do anything
Gol 3:Fucking pathetic air game
Gol4:This one is obviously his fault
Gol5:He goes out too soon, but you can argue that the dutch striker could have scored either way.
I really think that De Gea would have stopped at least 3 of those 5 goals
>>
>>68614751
I'm not saying that he didn't fuck up
but the whole defense played very very bad
we didn't really lost only because of Casillas, we lost because we played like shit
>>
>>68614751
> torres
everytime
>>
>>68614900
3 out of this goals were purely Casilla's fault.And Iwould argue that the first one was his fault too, as he was totally out of place.The only Goal that wasnt his fault was the last one
>>
>>68614751
>Out of position
He really isn't, no one would expect V.Persie to do that.

3rd and 4th are obviously his fault and he didn't help in 5th, but still 3/2-1, and then in Chile's first goal the defence totally forgot about Vargas. De Gea would've only made it less embarrasing
>>
>>68614751
Both Xabi and Xavi were busted after a long season and they were slow as fuck, the team selection was a complete mess, thank god del bosque has changed his mind.
>>
>>68613466
I won't consider Messi a big player until he joins Wolves.
>>
>>68613466

None.

It will be TSUUnaldo because of Mendes Marketing
>>
>>68614751
tbf he made a cracking couple saves to stop the 6th going in
>>
>>68615004
Yes he was totally out of position.Van Persie could only top off, or slow down the play,which would have allowed the defence to do block his shot.He was in the middle of nowhere in that Goal
>>
>>68615016
This is right, but putting Casillas after his awful season was just dumb.Del Bosque did a buddy list, and it went horribly bad
>>
>>68613466
Historically, Euro has very little impact on the voting so he is not going to win it and rightly so. He hasn't been a top 3 player in the world in January-May
>>
>>68615084
They were nothing special.De Gea could probably safe those.After Mourinho benched him, he turned into shit
>>
>>68614751
>Gol1:Out of position
not really. his positioning was fine. the shot was phenomenal and Ramos fucked up the offside line terribly.
>Gol 3:Fucking pathetic air game
was fouled by van persie. you'd be hard pressed to find a keeper that has good air game when a 200 pound player runs into him.

he made mistakes but it was way overblown, same with his madrid mistakes. it was ridiculous how during his 'feud' with mourinho/lopez every single tiny mistake he made was blown out of proportion but when lopez conceded ridiculous goals and made stupid mistakes absolutely no one even mentioned them.
>>
>>68615154
Not really:
>1964
Spain wins
Luis Suárez second on the vocation.
>1972
Germany wins
Top 3 are Germans
>1976
Czechoslovakia wins
Viktor third best player
>1980
Germany wins
Rummenigge wins, Schuster second
>1984
France wins
Platini first, Tigana second.
>1988
Netherlands wins
Top 3 are Dutchs
>1996
Germany wins
Sammer
>2000
France wins
Zidane second
>>
>>68613466
Should be between Suarez and Ronaldo in my opinion
>>
In my opinion it should be between Messi and Suárez. Top three rounds off with MVP of Euros/Copa America
>>
>>68615731
3 of the most recent player of the tournament award winners did not do well though.

Karagounis did not make top 3, neither did Xavi and Iniesta only finished 3rd (after having a better season than he has now)
>>
>>68615899
2004 is the exception since all the "big" NT choked, but even then, Deco ended 3rd.
And so did Torres in 2008.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.