[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he, dare I say it, a world class central midfielder?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
Is he, dare I say it, a world class central midfielder?
>>
>>68569452

A true Jack of all trades, world class at none.
>>
No. All he does is what Dier should be doing, spreading the play and keeping the tempo. We lack a creative number 10 that can thread the ball, Wilshere can do this imo.

Rooney is good but him and Dier are doing the same job. Either ditch Dier or Rooney.
>>
>>68569476
They aren't really doing the same job considering that Rooney can pass and Dier can't
>>
>le slow play down and spread ball out to the right wing man

no. it's fine to do that some of the time but he does it 90%+ of the time even when there's an obviously better ball on to rose, alli, kane or whoever

he can't tackle well and his closing down/defensive workrate is mediocre at best
>>
literally the del piero of bongland. completely average at everything
>>
>>68569504
Which is fine. But we dont need Dier to defend like that against Wales. He is a great player with a great role to play. But against defensive sides you need more threaded passes than recovery tackles. Wilshere can pick the lock to undo defensive teams, Rooney cant and Dier is less needed.
>>
>>68569552

a fucking leaf
>>
Yes. His a player with great ball control who can retain possession under pressure that we have lacked since Scholes got fed up of the Beckam/Gerrard hollywood balls.

Dier should adapt the Busquets strategy of simply passing it short because he has been fucking hopeless - constantly boots the ball away in the final third.

Also Whilshire isn't is not and will never be a international ball retainer, which is what we need against top sides.
>>
>>68569610
Wilshere is more suited against weak opposition where he can find that killer ball to unlock a defense.
>>
He's a fucking ugly bastard, what the fuck happened to his head? He looks like a fucking stroke victim ate a beehive.
>>
He is literally a mole in the England midfield
>>
>>68569531
this
You don't realise how much he slows the play down until you watch the likes of the german midfielders. 1 touch to control and 1 touch to pass is all they need, not holding onto the ball for a bit and then spraying it wide
>>
>>68569563
the problem is it would be dumb to just thrust him in against better teams, we should be beating shit teams with dier, kane and sterling where the problem against russia and for the first half of wales. you want him to have understanding with the midfield and defence and he needs games to do that
>>
>>68569610

wilshere can actually turn, increase the tempo and play one-twos, good defences will just sit in front of rooney and let him hit long sideways balls all day long

rooney plays so many pointless nice looking long balls when a shorter, easier and better option is available
>>
>>68569452
I'm not sure it is his fault but your midfield was very slow and uncreative against Bales. Against a team who can actually defend you would get nowhere.
>>
>>68569692
we don't need to if we have england's brave jamie vardy playing next game, just hoof it up over the top and get le pacey goal goblin to run in behind
>>
>>68569476
>We lack a creative number 10 that can thread the ball
literally dele alli. he's a bit inconsistent but this is literally what he's great at
>>
>>68569714
He has been shit. I think Deli Alli is usually good but he is much more of a physical player, good strength and speed. He is fantastic when playing on the break. But if we play this possession game (something i fucking loathe, we are not suited to it) we should be playing Wilshere.
>>
>>68569734

it doesnt help that rooney is playing where alli has thrived for tottenham

though we will soon stop playing the possession style when we come up against a good team in the quarter finals (and get knocked out on penalties)
>>
Muh Hollywood balls
>>
>>68569782
All our good attacks come from the wing backs anyway so I like him spreading it wide all the time
>>
>>68569771
We'll need a player in midfield who can retain at least some possession then more then ever. With our defence we can't just sit deep and hit on the counter now and then as it'll leak goals.
>>
>>68569812
if our good attacks are putting hopeful crosses into the box for defenders to head away then you are right
>>
Against Russia and Wales.
>>
>>68569452
GET OUTTA MAH SWAMP
>>
holy shit you people are delusional

you drew to the shittest russian team ive ever seen and barely beat wales in the last minute of the game
>>
>>68569834

we won't be able to keep the ball against better opposition so it's what's going to happen

rooney won't be great at keeping possession against better opposition anyway, he's been fine against teams that have sat back and allowed him time and space to hit a fancy long ball but both wilshere and alli are more used to and better than him at keeping the ball in tighter spaces
>>
>>68569452
>Rooney as midfielder
>No Drink Water
Hodgson sacked when?
>>
>>68569871
scotland pls go. this tournament has nothing to do with you desu
>>
>>68569476
Dier is in the team to protect the back four and control tempo with simple passes. Rooney is there to start the attack and move the ball around.

Completely different jobs.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.