[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Copa America Semi Finals prediction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6
File: Argentina vs USA.jpg (32 KB, 480x250) Image search: [Google]
Argentina vs USA.jpg
32 KB, 480x250
These two teams are on a collision course, they will both advance and meet. Who is going to win?

I got $100 on USA. Yedlin can keep up with messi speed
>>
>>68514559
we'll be smashed unfortunately.
>>
We will get crushed, but atleast we don't live in Argentina.
>>
I just want us to play toe to toe, man to man against the current best team in the world. I dont care if we lose but we have to show we can play against the big boys with a never say die attitude.
>>
Ecuador is no easy NT.
>>
anyone can keep up with messi speed
>>
I think ecuador is a very well rounded team, but they lack the defensive power to defend against our strikers. As long as higuain doesn't fuck it up, it's a confirmed win.
>>
>Yedlin can keep up with messi speed
Messi's speed is not the reason he is as good as he is. He would completely embarrass Yedlin on a technical level and it would be gruesome to watch.
>>
US will get crushed badly and here is why:

1) US lacks the mental discipline to play a full 90 minutes
2) Inconsistent back line will get shredded by DiMaria, Messi and Aguero
3) Yedlin is the only one fast enough to keep up with dimaria or messi, but he is sloppy defender and will get torn apart on the wing.
4) US most consistent and balanced player is playing LB, where he needs to play higher up on the attack like he does in germany
5) Bradley, US only link from the back to the attack is playing like shit

Only way i see US even having a slight chance is play high pressing and force mistakes on argentina's back line. They are definitely below US quality and they might be able to take advantage of some mental mistakes argentina makes.

I get the feeling that Klinny will play 4-3-3 with someone like Beckerman playing deep to help out the CB's.
>>
>>68514724
Your burguer friend still thinks athletic power has anything to do with high end futbol.
>>
>>68514739
Are you a retard? Our backline has been the only consistent thing about our team this tournament. We have not conceded a goal in open play in this tournament (Colombia scored on a set piece and a penalty that shouldn't have happened). 2 clean sheets despite being down a man in 1 game. Brooks, Cameron, Yedlin are the starting backline and honestly, they are pretty much better than the Argentine backline if we are judging based on form.
>>
We will barely beat Shakeuador and get BTFO by Argentina so hard that we'll go from looking like the Chloe donut to looking like the Hillary donut.
>>
>>68514787
US backline is far better than Argentina backline, but dont think the US havent been making mistakes in teh back. Brooks has made the defense look world class if you have been paying attention to the games. There were numerous times he bailed out bad reads and mistakes by the midfield and full backs, especially Yedlin who loses the ball in teh 2/3rd of the pitch and get countered on.
>>
MY FAT AMERICANS FRIENDS, THERES NOTHING MORE I WANT THAN TO DESTROY THE USA IN USA SOIL LOL, PLEASE ALLAH MAKE THIS MATCH HAPPEN, IM GONNA FAP TO DEATH AND EJACULATE OVER THIS MATCH
>>
We fucking suck, but we're gonna refball it and play physical to have a USA- Peru final.
Mexico play like they've never met before, their backline is awful as well. If they score it'll be through pure refball as well.
>>
>>68514827
Nah. It'll be a fun game filled with memeful errors on both sides and guaranteed choking with Higuain. Di Maria will also somehow not make it out healthy from the Venezualan game. Cap this famalams
>>
>>68514822
Yedlin is probably the only liability, you're right about that. He will have to play it safe and not act so fucking rash if he's to perform well against Argentina. I also think Johnson should play in mod because he's also unironically out best midfielder who Klinsmann stupidly sacrificed for Bradlel.
>>
Yedlin can definitely neutralize Messi with his outstanding speed and I don't see anyone on Argentina keeping up with him. Argentina don't have clinical finishers and they definitely don't have the speed to match up with guys like Jones and Howard.
>>
>>68514822
I have a feeling Brooks is gonna move to a big club soon. Maybe Dortmund will cop him and use him as a starter since Hummels is leaving. The fact that he's the next top defender outside Bayern and Dortmund in the bundesliga is great news for us because we finally have a dependable defender.
>>
>>68514901
messi isn't stopped with speed. He is stopped with interceptions and REALLY high and constant pressure
>>
We lose. We can't handle Messi. Only chance is get a lucky goal or two and park the bus.
>>
>>68514992
Nah man Messi is only a sub in this tournament, USA will be up 3-0 by the time he's subbed in
>>
File: medel_messi.webm (2 MB, 840x464) Image search: [Google]
medel_messi.webm
2 MB, 840x464
>>
Argentina vs Ecuador will be a fun game to watch
>>
>>68514901
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>68515150

I like USA vs Venezuela better, chokers
>>
>>68515178

You stupid if you think Messi is going to style all over yedlin.

Hes a starting rightBack in the Premier League. A much harder league than lel liga.

Hes the better athlete, hes the better runner. What ever mistake he makes will be covered up by his pace. Hes the fastest player on the feild
>>
>>68515215
Yes, we chocked on the last game of the last world cup, and the last copa america, but we played those matches (we also won those cups in the past). Not like you could know what's like to play a final buddy.
>>
>>68515328
I will have you know we lost ourselves a large number of Gold Cup finals, sir.
>>
>>68515436
>Concacaf
>>
>>68515246
Stop posting
>>
>>68515246
neat bait famalam
>>
>Yedlin is a RB
>Messi playing in the left
kek I guess I fell for the bait
>>
>>68514559

>mfw delusional compatriots think Deadre "wait I'm supposed to be marking that guy ok wait a minute" Yedlin will help at all
>>
If you guys really think you are this good then there isn't much to talk about.

In case you beat ecuador, we'll see you in semis, and may the best team win, by at least a 3 goal difference and messi winning the too scorer for argentina record.
>>
This thread really shows how delusional some usmnt fans are.
>>
>>68515506
I suspect more shitposting or plain ignorance than anything else, no one can be this deluded
>>
File: 1341535099204.jpg (11 KB, 180x226) Image search: [Google]
1341535099204.jpg
11 KB, 180x226
Just imagine

USA - Venezuela
Peru - Chile
>>
how many hat tricks would dempsey score against this fucking shit country? i think probably 4 or 5
>>
>speed and athleticism is the main reason football players excel

The fact that most americans hold this view and spew it all over /sp/ really shows us how detached we are from this sport. We will never be relevant in football with this attitude. Sometimes we have a fun international victory and I think "hey were making some progress". Then i see some american moron on here start a "WE WOULD BE GOAT IF ALL OUR SELECTIVELY BRED NIGGERS FOCUSED ON SOCCER AND ONLY SOCCER" threads. It is for this reason i hope argentina schools us like 8-0 with 91% possession while Deadre "woops he got past me again" Yedlin looking like a moron the whole time. Granted we beat ecuador, which is highly unlikely.
>>
>>68515516
Boring...
>>
Rationally and objectively speaking:

US has a 65% chance of beating Ecuador
US has a 10% chance of beating Argentina
US has a 25% chance of beating Mexico
US has a 35% chance of beating Chile
US has a 100% chance of beating Peru and Venezuela
US has a 35% chance of beating Colombia without Hummus
US has a 25% chance of beating Colombia with Hummus
>>
>>68515549
Ecuador is a better team than Chile right now desu
>>
>>68514935
Hahahaha

I am john klansmann thanks for the tip you argie faggot, now I know how to stop missi forever
>>
>>68515549
>100% chance
Not how futbol works, any team can beat any team with luck, more like 85% chance of you beating them.
>>
>>68515515
Argentina isn't invincible, You have already lost 2 finals in the last 3 years, nigga
>>
>>68514559
I think Ecuador can beat us, and even if we get passed them we'll get wrecked by Argentina
>>
>>68515565
one lost, one tie, we hope one win this time
>>
>>68515562
Every team left if ridiculously stronger than Peru and Venezuela. None of these teams left in tourney should lose to them.
>>
>>68515601
>>68515601

>he doesnt rate peru
>>
>>68515549
>rating mexico over chile

0/10
>>
>>68514559

We will lose quite literally 8-0 tier
>>
>tfw Argentina pretends we're England to get hype and meme magic comes to an end
>>
>>68515647
lol
>>
>>68514559
Not sure why everyone thinks we'll get crushed. Yes, we will most likely lose, but the US beats good teams with their unexplainable ability to make good teams play like shit or shoot the ball over the net 12 times in a game. I don't know how they do it. Maybe they are at the same time bad yet competent to the point that teams are forced to play down to their level.
>>
>>68515742

Opposing team players threatened to get kennedied if they don't keep the game
Close. We Are worse than Brazil but didn't get 7-1'd. Why do you think
>>
>>68515549
>delusion: the post
>>
>>68514559
>Yedlin can keep up with messi speed
anyone can do that you fat idiot, Messi isnt Usain Bolt
to stop Messi you must be able to outperform his dribbling and block his passes without fouls and that is in a league way beyond that Yedlin guy
why you americans think anything in sports is limited to physique capacity?

>>68514705
>As long as higuain doesn't fuck it up
he should be benched for the rest of the tournament tbqh
>>
Ecuador are favorites over this shit US team. But feel free to bet the same amount as your college debts on the US.
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 960x1280
>>68515539

>mfw this thread is up right now
>>
>>68516309
>why you americans think anything in sports is limited to physique capacity?
Because American sports are all about physicality. and very little about skill.

>niggerhoop
>every nigger is 6'7" or higher

>handegg
>every nigger is 300 pounds or heavier

And of course, Soccer is all about speed. That's why apparently Yedlin can handle Messi, but of course he can't.
>>
>>68516357
>Because American sports are all about physicality

This, they lack strategy
>>
File: image54c6e58498d7e4.15280660.jpg (223 KB, 1629x1105) Image search: [Google]
image54c6e58498d7e4.15280660.jpg
223 KB, 1629x1105
>>68516357
>Because American sports are all about physicality. and very little about skill.
and this is why youll never win a WC

>And of course, Soccer is all about speed
pic related
>>
some american anon came with this "flawless" formation >>68516363
its more than enough to show the state of union in american real football
>>
>>68516371
American football is all about strategy. For the coaches. Beyond that it's a bunch of dumb coons and fat niggers getting told what they'll be doing for the next five seconds. The only two positions you can say are legitimately skilled are offensive linemen and quarterbacks.

Jesus I can't wait for this sport to die. Soccer is based. I'm sad I only began to pay attention to it after the 2014 world cup.

My gf is African and has Olympic athlete relatives, so be prepared for my messi Sambo footballing children, world.
>>
>>68516520
Dude I'm from /pol/, don't tell me that you will racemix. What about the white race?
>>
>>68516517
If you send that lineup back to 1930 they might contest the world cup.
>>
File: tip.jpg (166 KB, 474x528) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
166 KB, 474x528
>>68516520
>>
>>68516387
loathe Boca Juniors. Always want to pull the whole MUH WORKING CLASS shit when they spend more on their players. Never had a dog in the fight but obnoxious BJ fans made me like River Plate
>>
>>68516639
im not even a BJ fan, actually i hate their fans
but Riquelme was skilled as fuck but could keep up with a sloth's speed even if said sloth was sleeping
Riqueleme was slow as fuck but the Boca he played for was one of the most successful argie teams ever
the guy proves """"soccer"""" isnt all about speed
>>
I really want to see Brooks bail us out constantly against Argentina.
Unfortunately since no one else has a head on their shoulders we should lose regardless of how great Higuain makes Brooks look.
Unironically wouldn't be surprised to see Jones or Yedlin get a red.
>>
At the end of the day, Ecuador has more players playing in European leagues and so therefore should be able to beat USA

Furthermore, they have EMELEC players, and EMELEC is the undisputed GOAT team in Ecuador, so it's really a bye round for Ecuador.
>>
>>68514822
Are you for real? Otamendi and Funes Mori? man i know they are meme players, but they are good defenders playing at high level after all.
>>
>>68515506

And they are implying our NT won´t rape their assholes with full banana force.
>>
>>68516765
Please tell me this isn't really how you compare teams. Anyway, you're wrong. They have two players in the top 5 European leagues and a few in Turkey. The US has 8. But that really doesn't mean shit unless all of them are getting equal minutes, etc.

Ecuador is a better team on paper. But a team playing at home has a measurable advantage in soccer. Something like 0.25 goals.

It'll be a pretty good match.
>>
>>68514644
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>68517232
>Enner Valencia
>Antonio Valencia
>Montero
>Noboa
>Paredes

And then there's the few in Turkey and a lot in Mexico. They are playing tougher football in tougher leagues, where you need better skills than what it takes in the MLS.
>>
>>68515246
You honestly have downs. Yedlin is trash and messi would take a shit all over him in every sah possible. The only thing that would be left in worse shambles than yedlin after the match would be your IQ from all the times your shit mom drank while pregnant with you, you autistic faggot.
Stop posting like you know the sport and fuck off.
>>
>>68515742
Germany crushed the US meme team fyi.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.