[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he, dare i say, the greatest of all time???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
Is he, dare i say, the greatest of all time???
>>
>0 finals mvps
>>
>>68511889
not an argument
>>
>>68511880
Until he goes 6-0 in the finals, no. Greatest 3 point shooter for sure
>>
>>68511954
he needs over a thousand more shots to catch up with Ray Allen. his percentage may decline by then.
>>
>>68511954
What's his record now in finals?
>>
>>68511880
>>68511908
Let me know when he's even the best player on his team in a Finals series. He's been garbage this year and he was garbage last year.
>muh regular season MVP

He's shit under pressure.
>>
File: heade.jpg (28 KB, 780x655) Image search: [Google]
heade.jpg
28 KB, 780x655
Not even the best on his team
>>
He's basically a less cocky larry bird

I think he'll be in contention for GOAT talks if him and his team stays consistent. But Jordan was the greatest just as much because of what he did off the court as what he did on. I dunno if any of you are actually old enough to remember the 90s, but jordan was bigger than jesus, you couldn't go anywhere without seeing his face, he was everywhere. Curry may have the skill, but jordan had the personality and charisma to go along with it (although we'll see how curry grows into his relatively newfound superstardome). Another thing to watch for is how his sponsor Under Armor grows, Nike made Jordan as much as Jordan breathed new life into Nike, I could see Under Armor being the next nike if curry and the warriors see similar success to jordan and the bulls. Instead of pippen they have thompson and instead of rodney they have green, I could see their team following a similar path
>>
>>68511908

>GOAT
>shitting it up at the highest level

Lmao whatever you say, green stripe poland
>>
>goat
>4th best player on his team
>>
>>68512176
lol except Curry has no fire and he's the third best player on the team.

It's funny because Golden State could probably win game 6 without Curry but they'd for sure lose without Green or Thomson.

Hell, Curry has completely disappeared.
>>
>>68512275
I disagree, he's just willing to step back when he's being double or triple teamed and let his teammates fill in the gaps they're leaving open defensively. Although I will admit he hasn't been that great in these last few games against the cavs, he's smart enough to realize that he doesnt need to be to win if they're paying all their attention on him. Watch how much he drags guys around the court when his team has the ball, or how many plays he sets up. He does more than sink 3s

I do agree with you that GS could probably still be a good if not great team without curry, but they certainly wouldn't be finishing their season with the best record of all time without him.
>>
>>68512375
Dude, he's been garbage in the finals. He's been bricking like crazy and is just out of his element. He's the definition of shook.

Bandwagon him all you want, but he's overrated. He did the same disappearing act last year in the finals. He won't win MVP this year.

If he isn't doing shit for the team when it actually matters, how can you say he's the greatest player of all time?
>>
>>68512375
>When he's being double or triple teamed
>bricks wide open 3s
>>
>>68511880
>that flag
>that post

kys 2bh fampachi
>>
>>68512568
what did he mean by this...???
>>
>>68511908
yes it is, faggot
he's being made to look like the greatest because his teams success, fucking bulgaria go watch vampire ball
>>
>>68511880
Until steph learns to play actual defense, like all NBA level defense he will never be GOAT. Best shooter of all time sure but not the straight GOAT.
>>
>>68511880
>memechucker
>goat
>>
>>68514305
the only people who Curry should be compared with are players like Iverson, Isiah and Nash.
His team on the other hand, could be considered a top 3 team, and he will get a lot of credit for their success in the future. You can't change the way the media and young people view him, he's huge right now and will probably be viewed in retrospect as the greatest just based off of how ridiculous his highlight videos are, and kids love for him the way kids loved MJ (even though Curry isn't really likeable right now except for the meme chucking and stupid fucking dances he does after every little thing, I'm sure kids think those are great)
>>
>>68515898
>tldr
kids love Curry and will probably nostagically call him the GOAT in the next 10 years, whether its true or not
>>
>>68511880
one of the great 3 shooters and great regular season player.
>>
>>68512176
curry just doesnt have the look to be anywhere near jordan, Jordan was the greatest and was good looking too

no homo.
>>
>>68511954
jordans timing for the 6 titles was perfect.

magic and bird were washed up

"retired" when the rockets were good

retired again just before spurs and lakers got good
>>
File: kek.jpg (215 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
215 KB, 600x400
>>68516261
>le beanut head nibber is cute
suck a bbc
>>
>>68511880

>what flag is that again?
>some euro country that probably started watching nba last week
>did not read

youtube michael jordan, you're welcome
>>
>>68512176
Curry is 28. He's got 3 more years before he starts to fade a bit, then probably another 3 of solid as production before his legs start to go weak and the shooting percentage follows. He doesn't have enough prime time to create a dynasty image. Golden State would have to do some godly management to keep their team good enough to make it happen.

>>68515898
Iverson is actually the perfect comparison for me when people hit the gas a little too hard and start calling him the GOAT. Hang on, before you call him better than MJ and Wilt, tell me if he's already better than AI. Steph has had one brilliant scoring season, AI had 10 with 5 of over 30ppg. Steph may be far more efficient, but Iverson carried a piece of shit team to the finals and got one game against Shaq and Kobe while Cuzza has a phenomenal team. As of right now, AI is still the better player, but the fact that you can even make an argument for it means Steph can't be near the GOAT.
>>
He gonna show up tonight and make all of u deniers look stupid. GOAT PERIOD
>>
Poor man's Steve Nash
>>
>>68511880
No. He's a petulant high yella bitch nigga.
>>
>>68520593
>implying he passes
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 638x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 638x655
GOAT no but you can say greatest shooter but KD isn't far behind and you can't remove klay from the shooter convo
>>
<Curry is soft

Him or LeFag wouldn't last a season in Jordan era
>>
>>68511880
hell no
>>
>>68511880
not until he joins a basball team and ruins his career and then return to the NBA to play on a even shittier team
>>
>>68512176
>Comparing Steph to Bird

Bird was a better passer, defender, rebounder and scorer.

Only thing similar is the outside shooting.
>>
>>68525069
But then Steph is so much better at outside shooting that again it's not really comparable, so really bird to steph is a terrible comparison all round

Steph's scoring ability is probably comparable to Bird's though, Bird wasn't miles better than him like he was at passing defending and rebounding
>>
>>68527777
checked
>>
>only undisputed MVP on the most winning NBA team in the league's history on a back-to-back championship year

oh wow he must suck
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.