[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have the Euros been so absolutely shitty and boring, yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1465836859331.webm (1 MB, 772x431) Image search: [Google]
1465836859331.webm
1 MB, 772x431
Why have the Euros been so absolutely shitty and boring, yet the copa America has had some of the most exciting matches and goals?

Can we all agree now that Europeans are absolutely awful at making entertaining sports matches?
>>
>>68462011
Yeah, you have some lovely empty stadiums
>>
>>68462011
:^{)
>>
Expansion killed the Euros. Every team is parking the bus and playing for 3rd place in the group.
>>
>>68464877
At 60 bucks a ticket to subpar seats? Yeah, no shit
>>
>>68462011
Because they decided to expand the tournament to 24 teams. Not only does this mean that there are more shitty teams in the tournament (who will play boring football), it also means that the best four third-place teams also make it through to the Ro16. This essentially encourages the shit teams to play for a draw, since they're more likely to make it through.
>>
>>68465026
Id say the games are still quite entertaining. The only game which was unwatchable was the ireland v sweden one which got way too scrappy.
>>
>>68465026
this
when you only have to win one game to get through the group, no one's going to actually try to chase when they're behind and risk their goal difference going to shit

so everyone's just parking the bus
>>
>>68465026
Yeah, I remember the Copa with 12 teams, good times
>>
WE'RE ENGLAND AND WALES, WE'RE ENGLAND AND WALES! FUCK OFF RUSSIA, WE'RE ENGLAND AND WALES
>>
>>68465183

That was one of the best games you fuckwit
>>
>>68465137
All the minnows ive seen so far have not been parking the bus. The only team which has done that was northern ireland.
>>
>>68465137
the most boring match so far was from Spain though
>>
Euros have been great you ignorant fool. I count one bad match and even that had a dramatic last 10 minutes.
>>
>that flag
>this topic
>be fat
>get shot
>>
>>68462011
NOBODY CARES ABOUT FUCKING ECUADOR COLOMBIA USA PARAGUAY PANAMA BLA BLA BLA BLA.

Literally who gives a shit about South American teams, really?

>>68465183
NI - Poland was way worse. That was genuine bus parking from NI.
>>
>>68462011
This Copa has been entertaining cause memes; Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina and, to a lesser extend Colombia and Chile hadn't take this cup seriously which has brought a fake sense of parity.
>>
>>68465702
Everybody, since they actually play in world cup at a competitive level
>>
>>68465702
Everybody, since they actually play in world cup at a competitive level
>>
>>68465895

The world cup is only a memecup when it guarantees the likes of USA, Iran, New Zealand etc a place every year
>>
>>68466007
>he doesn't enjoy meme teams like costa rica thrashing Italy
>>
>>68466007
>Ireland
>still butthurt after Henry's handball that prevented them for qualifying to WC2010

How were those 5 Million from FIFA? Did you used them to make Irish football better? You just drank it, admit it

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/582308/FIFA-Ireland-5million-Thierry-Henry-Hand-Ball-France-World-Cup-Qualifier
>>
What? Pretty much all games have been fun and it's only the first round.
I honestly expected it to be a lot more shittier, we'll see how the format holds up.
>>
>>68472352

It was put in some suit's pocket, which I'm sure you sudacas would know all about
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.