[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Group E - What will be the final places?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Group E.png (16 KB, 725x199) Image search: [Google]
Group E.png
16 KB, 725x199
So how is this group going to end up?

Ireland showed that Sweden is incompetent, even with Zlatan (but drew anyway, yes I'm annoyed)

Italy showed that Belgium is a meme team, and even with their lower-quality squad they can easily beat the best Belgian side ever.

Will Italy and Belgium show that Zlatan is a meme, like Ireland did?

Will Ireland and Sweden show that Belgium is a meme nation?

What teams will graduate from this group? Is anybody still truly open?
>>
>>68432512
Of Italy and Belgium both beat Sweden (which they will) and we draw Belgium and lose to Italy (which is probable) Italy and Belgium hopi through with Ireland as one of the best third place.
>>
We lost on purpose to finish 2nd so we'll have an easier path after
>>
>>68432697
I think we can get a cheeky goal against Italy, they might not get one back though

Our game against Belgium will be a total mess, it'll be the most interesting to watch
>>
>>68432824
Marc willmot is truly a tactical genius
>>
>>68432697

Italy should be safely through and playing their B team. We could easily nick a win.

Hopefully belgium play the same defence against us. We will create loads against that shitty set up. But I think they will score a few on us
>>
>>68432512
Italy 7 pts (Win vs Belgium, draw vs Sweden, win vs Ireland)
Sweden 5 pts (Draw vs Ireland, draw vs Italy, win vs Belgium)
Ireland 2 pts (Draw vs Sweden, draw vs Belgium, lose vs Italy)
Belgium 1 pts (lose vs Italy, draw vs Belgium, lose vs Sweden)
>>
>>68436323
>belgium draws vs belgium
really makes you think
>>
>>68432512
1) Italy
2) Ireland
>>
>>68432512
One game and everyone is underrating us like hell. We arent a top team but we have definitely played alot better than we did today.

We looked GREAT vs Wales and BTFO out of them a week ago 3-0. Everyone thought we would be super good vs Ireland and that Wales would get fucked vs Slovakia. Instead they fucked Slovakia and we looked like shit vs Ireland.

Who knows how we will look vs Italy. We might win, might look like shit again.
>>
>>68436592
I would have agreed had you played like this and obtained the draw against Italy or Belgium.

But you literally got one point of the weakest opponnent. On top of that, it wasn't even a fluke, you were outplayed.

Still hope you can finish ahead of the paddies and Lelgium.
>>
>>68432512
Italy
Memegium
Ireland
Swedcucks

in this order
>>
>>68436636
not him but we whacked them in the second half and they were lucky their inability to finish in the first wasn\t punished.

If Lewicki and Berg are benched next games we will definitively get more points.
>>
The only team zlatan will turn up against is Belgium, even then it may be too little too late for them
>>
>>68436681
yeah I stopped watching about five minutes before the goal because I had to run errands, but I put money on a draw so I was happy

First half was a catastrophe though. The fact that you face Italy next also doesnt help.
>>
>>68436681
In with Larsson and Lewicki should get benched, Hiljemark/Ekdal/Durmaz , 2 of these should play next game.

Berg should be benched in favor of Guidetti.
>>
>>68436802
*Larsson and Lewicki should get benched
* In with 2 of Hiljemark/Ekdal/Durmaz
>>
>>68436802
I don\t really rate Jimmy. I agree that Ekdal def should start though. Maybe Hiljemark but I can\t see him benching both Kim and Seb. Need a veteran to balance out Zlatan's ego.

Zlatan also needs to not play like utter shit too. Had 3-4 pointless offsides and kept trying to play like a central midfielder.
>>
>>68436388
I think we can at least manage that.
>>
Italy 9pts (WWW)
Belgium 4pts (LDW)
Sweden 2pts (DDL)
Ireland 1pt (DLL)

Italy will play mid-defensive football; too strong for Ireland and Zlatan can't play against 3 CB's.

Belgium have now played the only strong team in the group (didn't everyone expect a 1-0 to ITA?). They will beat Ireland and likely draw against a very defensive Sweden.

Sweden have nothing beyond Zlatan, and he doesn't have as much physicality (both pace and strength) as he did. He may have scored 50+ goals this season for PSG, but it's fucking PSG in the French league.

Ireland have very little... they're a solid "team" with no superstars, and without getting 3 pts against Sweden have little chance of progressing against two strong teams (ITA/BEL).
>>
>>68436878
Olsson was very good for us today offensively.

Guidetti isnt a star but hes not a "nothing". He's a decent player that could definitely score vs Italy or Belgium.

Forsberg looked like utter shit today. But he was voted best player of Bundesliga 2 as RB Leipzig were promoted to Bundesliga. And he was also our best player vs Slovenia and Wales in the friendlies before the euro. He looked like reaaaally good.

We have a star player and at least two decent players in Guidetti and Forsberg.
>>
>>68436990

Olsson was relegated with Norwich this season (average rating - 6.48)

Guidetti only managed 7 goals in 35 games, even though Celta finished 6th in La Liga. Additionally, he had a rating of just 6.38 which is really poor for a team finishing in Europa qualification spots.

Forsberg played well for Leipzig but they're in the German 2nd tier - that's a league which is not exactly star quality. Typical B2 "stars" struggle in the English Championship.

You have to remember this is international football. Ireland have a better overall team with you (ability and experience) but Zlatan is the key to (maybe) finishing above them.
>>
>>68437221
>whoscored ratings

m8
>>
>>68432512
>Will Italy and Belgium show that Zlatan is a meme, like Ireland did?
Yes. Both Italy and Belgium will beat Sweden. Even Belgium is enough to do so.
>Will Ireland and Sweden show that Belgium is a meme nation?
They are too weak. Belgium won't do shit in the KO phase, but they will advance into it.
>What teams will graduate from this group? Is anybody still truly open?
1. Italy, 9 pts
2. Belgium, 6
3./4. Sweden/Ireland, 1 pt.
Whoever finishes 3rd in this group will get kicked out.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.