[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kane taking all corners >Sterling playing when he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 19
File: Roy-Hodgson.jpg (34 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Roy-Hodgson.jpg
34 KB, 615x409
>Kane taking all corners
>Sterling playing when he's shit
>Vardy on the bench for 90 minutes

When is this useless sack of shit getting fired?
>>
>have a 6'2 striker
>put him on corners and have midgets like Sterling in the box

In 2 years time we'll win since woy will be dead
>>
File: varför.png (210 KB, 300x326) Image search: [Google]
varför.png
210 KB, 300x326
>Kane taking all corners
>>
I also wonder why they didn't take Kane off after ~70 minutes when he had run tired

Fall back and secure while having Vardy just running and causing problems in the Russian back line

ez 2-0 on the counter
>>
>let's blame roy for smalling being a dopey cunt
>>
>>68339808
Because he's a billy big bollocks who thinks he can do it all.
>>
>>68339917
I think people are blaming him for not playing Vardy alongside Kane. Vardy could have gotten to Rose's crosses, and Kane would have been able to get a shot on goal if he had more space.
>>
>not playing your best XI in a test match in a major tournament
cunt deserves to be sacked on the spot
>>
>>68339981
Why are you assuming that Kane even wants to take corners? He's a striker, wouldn't it make more sense for him to want to score?
>>
is there any reason why sterling should play ahead of vardy? im 99% certain vardy can play that role so much more effectively than sterling

and its not like sterling offers anything defensively/tracking back, so you couldnt even make that argument

lallana you could make an argument for since his pressing off the ball is good
>>
>>68339983
>ifs and buts

If Smalling hadn't fagged about like the gormless cunt he is, no one would be blaming Roy for not playing le memester.
>>
>>68340029
Ah, you're one of those spackers who plays too much vidya and doesn't understand the concept of team.
>>
>>68340041
If he doesn't, then don't.
>>
>>68340044
>is there any reason why sterling should play ahead of vardy?
No. Sterling is just shit all round, he's slow, indecisive and can't even pass well.
>>
>can't cross the ball
>can't shoot
>can only contribute to a team by running half a yard into box and diving

Sterling being in the England team at all is a joke desu senpai
>>
>>68340044
>im 99% certain vardy can play that role so much more effectively than sterling
Has Vardy ever played as a left winger? Not that Sterling should be, but that doesn't mean you should jam someone in there.
>>
File: 1458702926233.jpg (83 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1458702926233.jpg
83 KB, 460x460
>brings Milner on
>>
All three forwards were shit in the second half and Rooney was actually good. Those subs were awful. And Milner too.
>>
>>68340044

Vardy is not good on the wing. He can't cross a ball for shit, at least what I gathered from the games where he's played on the wing.

Not that Sterling can either, mind. Sturridge might be better there, but I'd much rather play two capable forwards than two shit wingers.
>>
>lose to Wales
>lose to Slovakia

BUT WAIT

>1 point is enough to get out of the group
>brave England make the knockout stages
>embarrased by a good team
>still better than last time though
>progressing nicely
>new 4 year contract for Hodgson
>>
>>68340090
I've played team sports for 11 years and I have never heard of a manager putting out a second team in a major tournament if the game isn't a dead rubber. If, for example, Gatland played Dan Fish against England in the World Cup he'd have been rightly pilloried.
>>
>>68340196
Milner didn't do anything wring, tbf.
>>
File: 1430976308128.jpg (31 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
1430976308128.jpg
31 KB, 500x535
>>68340205
It's gonna happen.
>>
>>68340206
It wasn't a second team. Stop talking shit, you imbecile.
>>
>It's a Danny Rose just spanks the ball into the box without even looking episode
>>
>morons defending Woy
wew lad
>>
>>68340336
Roy didn't watch the ball loop over his head and do fuck all.
>>
>>68340302
Rose's crosses were pretty good, it's just that Kane is too slow to get on the end of them and Sterling just didn't feel like it or didn't know how to (like that one where he should have ran to the near post). If only England had a player who could run fast and was also good at finishing...
>>
>>68340202
Then why even play with wingers? Just play 4-4-2 with Kane and Vardy up top, and let Rose and Walker provide width the way they do for Spurs and did today anyway.
>>
>>68340278
Would you pick that XI to play in the final?
No. You need to play your best team together so they learn to work and gel together under pressure
The All Blacks ran a system for a few years where they had a very large amount of rotation between games and as pretty much as soon as they dropped it the team became the most dominant in rugby history
What Woy is doing is cheapening caps and weakening team cohesion
>>
>>68340451
You're claiming it's a second team. It isn't. Really not difficult to understand.

Are you an American on holiday here?
>>
>>68340375
It shouldn't have come to that anyway, it's fucking Russia. If one mistake is the difference between winning and not winning against minnow opposition you're doing something very wrong
>>
>>68339981

This. Probably tried a few corners in training that all came off, and now wants to be the corner taker. Reminds me of Walcott trying to be Arsenal's free kick taker.
>>
>>68340451
>You need to play your best team
Yes, not necessarily your best players, see. 1966.
>>
>>68340519
>and now wants to be a corner taker

I doubt it. He probably wants to be in the box, where he can score. If Kane wanted to be a corner taker, he would have made a big deal out of it at Spurs and probably taken some, but he never did.
>>
>>68340505
Alright, I shouldn't have used the term second team, but it certainly wasn't the best team we have. Woy is pissing about with the team too much, you need to pick a starting XI and formation for the tournament and fucking stick with it.
Again to use a rugby analogy, it's the same shit Stuart Lancaster did.
>>
>>68340419

Exactly my point. Walker was MOTM for me, tonight.

Dier
Rooney Wilshere
Alli
Kane Vardy

is the way to go.
>>
>>68340543
Yes, and this team was neither.
>>
England played the best they have in donkeys. They just got unlucky.
>>
>>68340508
Russia aren't a bad team. Sure they aren't 2007/2008 standard Russia, but defensively they're pretty sound as they shown tonight and their keeper is an exceptional talent.

>>68340572
>He probably wants to be in the box
Then why isn't he, you fucking spastic? He will make the decision the take corners.
>>
>>68340622
>They just got unlucky.

standard
>>
>>68340619
We don't even know our best team. You certainly don't.
>>
File: WAIFU.jpg (2 MB, 4613x6629) Image search: [Google]
WAIFU.jpg
2 MB, 4613x6629
>>68340622
>they're usually shit so its ok
>>
>>68340581
Kane and Vardy don't work up top together.
>>
>>68340622
>England played the best they have in donkeys.
Yeah, they've been dogshit since Woy took over
>>
>>68340653
>Then why isn't he, you fucking spastic?

Probably because the manager told him to take corners. If the players got to make these decisions, I'm pretty sure that Rooney would have been playing as a striker and Alli would have just ran around punching opposing players in the face.
>>
>>68340697
>We don't even know our best team
That's the problem you daft plum. Hodgson has been in charge for 4 years and two major tournaments and we still don't what our best team is?
>>
If Roy wasn't going to play Vardy why didn't he just unleash him on the Russian fans?
>>
>only goal from a setpiece gained from a dive
>we were just unlucky la Woy dindu nuffin
>>
>>68340733

How many games have they played together? I only saw them against Portugal, when it looked like they were basically playing on either side of Rooney. It would probably work differently if they were playing ahead of Alli.
>>
>>68340653
> but defensively they're pretty sound as they shown tonight

We had possession like what ...70% of the match?

We were taking shots all throughout the first half. Everyone failed.

Russia's defence was crap. England's ability to score a fucking goal is even worse.
>>
>>68340763
>Probably because the manager told him to take corners
Then Kane can say no, and the manager can't do shit.

Or Kane can spoon them like he continues to do in the actual game and convince Roy he's poor.

No way is it not Kane's decision though.
>>
>>68339737

Why the fuck did Lallana play the entire game? His shooting was mind-blwoingly pathetic.

I've been wanting Hodgson out ever since the World Cup and I kind of want us to do badly so everyone realises that this senile old coot needs to go.
>>
>>68340916
>Russia's defence was crap.

Our only goal came from a direct freekick 18 yards out.

Everything we threw at them they mopped up with ease, anything that got through was met by Akinfeev. They were organised, discipled and structured.

Claiming their defence was crap is the most stupid fucking shite I've read by a non-Ameritard on here.
>>
>>68340188
I legitimately went to high school with Milner, Horsforth school in Leeds, so proud he's on the international stage, not surprised at all that he falls over trying to do a simple tackle as soon as he's on.
>>
>>68340379

Rose literally just smacked the ball as hard as possible without looking

>Everybody is on the edge of the box
>I'll smack the ball towards the GK at 50mph
>>
>>68341055
Yes, because your offence was pathetically bad, especially during the second half. Kane was literally the worst player on the pitch but I guess he's untouchable for some reason.
>>
File: a2542828351_16.jpg (83 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a2542828351_16.jpg
83 KB, 700x700
> ITT: Brits are destroying themselves
> IRL: Brits will destroy themselves in a fortnight

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>68341165
Being the league's top scorer will do that for you
>>
>>68341209
Vardy only one goal behind tho
>>
>>68341165
>Yes, because your offence was pathetically bad

Not really. We had plenty shots OT blocked, or denied by their keeper.
>>
>>68341370
If the keeper is blocking all your shots with such ease then it's not good offence.
>>
>>68341585
>offence

Are you the American on holiday here?
>>
>>68341370

Literally every shot apart from the goal was straight at the GK. Any idiot could have saved the shots tonight.
>>
Rashford is needed. if he plays england wins
>>
>>68341370
You had 5 shots on target. 3 of them were straight at the keeper, and only 1 of them was from your striker.
>>
>>68341700
>i am blind

Okay, m8
>>
>>68340835
Sums it up. England is shit in football.
>>
>>68339983
>I think people are blaming him for not playing Vardy alongside Kane
that's idiotic, the team played well. 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 aren't the best formations to play and the team didn't play well in the latter.
>>
>>68340653
Russia looked worse than any other team we've seen so far this tournament, including Albania. They offered nothing, but came away with a point
>>
>>68340196
do you think rooney shouldn't have been taken off? he looked tired, plus wilshere played well.
>>
>blitz qualifying
>can't score in the tournament
>concede through freak goal or horrific defensive blunder which costs them the match

standard tournament for the England fan
>>
>>68339737
>not playing rashford
>playing kane or any spuds choker at all
Eat shit Woy
>>
>>68341040
>Why the fuck did Lallana play the entire game?
who would you have played instead?
>>
>>68339917
>It's Smalling's fault Englel only scored 1 goal
>>
We're losing the battle off the pitch lads, need to make a few subs and get back into the game.
>>
someone give me a news link regarding english fans being thrown under a train in Marseille
>>
>>68342150
A "spude choker" scored England's only goal and saved their asses when Rooney lost the ball in the middle of the field......
>>
He's a big guy.
>>
>>68341682
>Are you the American on holiday here?
Are you stupid?
>>
>>68340581
who was MOTM?
>>
>>68341174
lol
>>
>>68341915
We are.

We show a lot of promise when the pressure is off, then capitulate at the difficult times.

We never seem to learn though and it's all fair and well blaming Roy like the idiots do, but the players need to have a good look at themselves.
>>
fucking glad i had better things to do than shitpost on /sp/ during the match desu. you're fucking mongs
>>
>>68342005
Attack-wise, yes , they were poor.

Defensively though, they were good. They clearly tried to play a counter-attacking game with that big bugger Dyuba holding up play. It just never really worked for them.
>>
>>68341839

>I didn't notice all those shots go straight at Akinfeev

Keep sucking Hodgon's dick m8
>>
>>68342201
It's his fault we conceded and dropped 2 points.
>>
>>68342496
>Attack-wise, yes , they were poor.

We had about 15 shots, just need to do better with the chances we had
>>
>>68342186

Anyone who didn't waste simple chances. Tom fucking Heaton might have done better in front of goal tonight.
>>
>this arse blasted thick yank using a proxy.

Kek.
>>
Why the fuck is this guy still in charge of England?

I thought it was a matter of principle that NT coaches get dumped after two wildly unsuccessful tournaments.
>>
>>68341100
arent you an old fart then? what are you doing on a chinese cartoon board?
>>
Night lads guess its just typical England
>>
>>68342640
Because he was never going to be sacked after Euro 2012 when he was chukced in at the deep end after Capello resigned.

And no one expected us to get out of the group at WC 2014, so no.

Plus, unless we go foreign, there's no English manager better than what we have.
>>
>>68342640
He used the excuse that the last world cup and euros were learning experiences, he never had expectations of winning them and the FA knows that.

They don't expect to win this year either so his contract will be extended no matter what because they'll chalk any failures up to bad luck.
>>
>>68342552
that was Rose
>>
>>68342640

>Hodgson show his incompetence at the WC
>There are some young players in the squad! It's about building for the future
>England are still shit at the Euros
>There are young players in the squad! It's about building for the future
>36 year old Dele Alli is captain as England enter another tournament and fail to win a single game
>Young squad! Building for the future!
>>
>>68342640
>>68342738
I honestly hope we somehow bomb out of the groups just so Woy gets sacked
>>
I remember Roy doing this at Liverpool, used to make his first sub at 80 minutes through the match and it was a useless one, tosser of a manager
>>
>>68342590
it's easy saying anyone. who is there that is better? tell me
>>
>>68341040
llallllana was genuinely good this evening. pooney was genuinely good. i hate both players but i'm not so blinded by club loyalty i'll pretend players are bad when they're not in an international tournament. you're probably 17, you'll get it eventually. we were genuinely good tonight. we may have been playing ageing shit but we were good. it was a promising game let down by individual errors. despite the result i'm pleased with how things went. come on england. fuck off scotland.
>>
>>68342755
No, it was Smalling who stood there and watched it float over his head.
>>
Memes aside this fucking cunt is LITERALLY the reason we're a fucking joke
>>
>>68342826
He was good first half, although his finished was shit

2nd half he had no steam, should have been subbed
>>
>>68342864
Bollocks he is. We've been shit for 20 years.
>>
>>68342818

I already said. Tom Heaton.
>>
>>68341055
their defence was shit, it's just Lallana, Kane and Rooney forgot how to shoot properly
>>
>>68342826

I'm 22 m8. As for "genuinely good", what kind of genuinely good team wastes loads of chances and lets in a sloppy laate equaliser? I can't believe people are still defending England and Hodgon's bullshit after so long.
>>
>Kane taking all corners
that bothers me the most

care to explain??
>>
Where would england finish in premier league, guys?
>>
>>68342907
There a bunch of English players who would be great at the moment, and he doesn't bother playing any. He's fucking shit.

Play fucking defoe even, at least he'd score.
>>
>>68343061
5th or 6th
>>
>>68343055
Woy
>>
>>68343055

>Everyone is a complete pussy scared of taking corners
>Brave Harry Kane says he'll take them, even if he gets stick for over-hitting them

He should be made captain desu
>>
>>68342878
agreed, but that's management. despite everything, we were fucking good at times. i hate them for making me believe, cos it hapens every tournament and ends in tears, but i fucking believe now.
>>
>>68343007
>their defence was shit

Stick to your vidya, Ty'Rone.
>>
>>68343118

He must have a reason, surely if it's so obvious that all of /sp/ sees it then he's already considered it.
>>
>>68342235
>Saved their asses
Anyone can play water carrier for Englel, Even Nicky Butt looked 'world class' at that position.
>>
>>68343055
He obviously thinks he's capable, like how in the friendlies he kept taking all the freekicks. And the retards blame Roy for it.
>>
>>68343157
I can't figure out what it is, though. Kane isn't especially good at taking corners, and why would Hodgson want to take his best scorer out of the play?
>>
>>68343081
>i-i-if woy picked my favourite meme player he'd definitely score, i-i-i just know it.
>>
>>68343157
Because he's a billy big bollocks,
>>
>>68343052
>I'm 22 m8
translates as 'i was 18 and 20 at the last 2 tournaments'. i.e. you're a fucking child. your problem is you're looking at it as one game representing everything the team can manage. think about your club though, if you play one game where you batter the opposition but don't score, you're annoyed but you know if you continue like that you're going to have a good season. we're in the group stage. stop thinking one game defines everything. we were good, you know we were. we've played much worse in qualifying and still won matches. i fucking hate woy, i hate most of the england squad, but i was pleasantly surprised this evening desu.
tl;dr we were good. outlook: positive
>>
England is just a complete recipe for disaster every time they enter a major tournament.
> average players that are overhyped because they play in the bpl and happen to be in form the last season
> ridiculous expectations from supporters and media leading to players choking
> incompetent managers that rotate players and formations so much they have no cohesion or experience playing together
It's the same shit every 2 years
>>
>>68343541
> ridiculous expectations from supporters and media leading to players choking

m8, this isn't the 00s
don't get why this bullshit about media expectations is still used as an argument
>>
>>68339737
>kane on the pitch
>lallana on the pitch
>wilshere for rooney(?????)

what the fuck is wrong with woy hodgson

vardy should have been on from 50'+
>>
>>68343650
Regardless of whether you think that's true, England is scrutinized as much as any country and they definitely wilt under the pressure of expectations
>>
>>68343157
this is the thing that is really frustrating me, what is woy thinking when he doesnt start the second top scorer of the league, or when he tells a striker with no set piece ability to take set pieces, or when he allows a game to get stale and then bring on a sub when the games almost over

I just want to understand why
>>
File: Rooney-armband.jpg (18 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
Rooney-armband.jpg
18 KB, 400x267
England is ALWAYS the same but I still love them. Rooney sucks. Kane did nothing. Get players who can actually score. It's comical how close they come and then they just miss. learn how to finish boys.
>>
>>68343401
You are so fucking delusional
>>
File: roy-hodgson-face-3.jpg (27 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
roy-hodgson-face-3.jpg
27 KB, 615x409
Roy is the best English manager out there, England were unlucky to draw tonight and should have got the 3 points but thats football. Romania should have drawn France and Slovakia should have beat Wales but thats football. Switzerland beat Albania deservedly although they could have done more after the sending off. It is what it is, Roy's the best English manager and luck wasn't on his side tonight, tournament football is a curious thing and it's been fantastic to watch so far. Just fucking enjoy it is what I'm saying.
>>
I think the team should be judged on their next 2 games. They started well enough play-wise against us 2 year ago and when they didn't get a result they collapsed. Draw v Wales and win vs Slovakia will be enough but 2nd place will mean some nasty draws for the RO16
>>
>no CHAT

rip england
>>
Is England so fucking butthurt about Leicester winning it all that they wont play Vardy? He seemed like the easy player of the year to me so why was he riding the bench?
>>
>>68339737
Sterling did well today idk what you're complaining about
>>
>>68344212

>Roy is the best English manager
>Implying he's better than me
>implying he's better than my mum
>implying he's better than my cat
>implying he's better than that moth that just flew in my window who was born and bred in England
>>
>>68343401
Agreed except I don't hate woy
>>
>>68344349
Marginal international experience
>>
>>68343401
L M A O
>>
>>68343842
Wilshere played fine. Didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>68344409
He is
>>
>>68343842
>lallana on the pitch
nah fuck off, i think he's dogshit in the league, and russia were awful, plus i hate liverpoo, but despite all that for the first 60 minute llalllllana was pretty good. so was rooney, and i fucking hate rooney. i have plenty of club-based vendettas against players in the england team and felt like they all rose above them in their performance tonight. fuck you all, i'm pleased with how we played and confident we'll get to the quarters at least if woy sticks with tonight's approach.
>>
>>68343965
Roy isn't telling Kane to take corners FFS.
>>
>>68344573
so why doesnt he tell him to stop
>>
>>68344349
Because Kane is a better striker, and Vardy can't play as a winger or alongside Kane.

Sacrifices have to be made at times.
>>
>>68344557
oh but kane taking free kicks is fucking mental. stop it.
>>
>>68344634
Probably because there's no one else that actually can either.
>>
File: 1382602292548.jpg (91 KB, 710x756) Image search: [Google]
1382602292548.jpg
91 KB, 710x756
>>68344637
Looks like it really worked out senpai.
>>
>>68344696
dier scored the only one hes ever taken, i've seen rooney score some free kicks and lallana can definitely take corners. shit, even walker, rose and sterling can take better corners than kane
>>
>>68344773
Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>68344637
kane and vardy haven't had a proper game up front together and have not had enough time to gel
>>
>>68344882
>sterling can take better corners than kane
M8, come one now
>>
>>68344882
>dier scored the only one hes ever taken
think he took some at sporting desu. no idea why woy has told kane to take corners though, it's like he's being deliberately perverse. and anyone claiming kane wants to take them instead of possibly being on the end of them and scoring should go back to /arse/ tbph. he's a greedy cunt, he doesn't want to be supplying goals when he could be scoring them.
>>
>>68344949
So reason enough not to play them together up front here then
>>
>there are people that are actually hopeful after that game
Top kek, we will get absolutely arse rekt by any team that is actually good and confident. We looked better than usual against a poor russian team, even then we couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. If you couldn't see the fragile-ness of the team tonight even before 1-1 then you're in for a treat.
As it is Bale is probably going to tear us a new one.
>>
>>68344637
>implying that Kane isn't completely overrated
>>
>>68344573
>never took them for any club he's been at
>never took them for the england U21s
>must be claiming them for the national team
You're more of a mong than he is desu, and he's a fucking spacky turbo mong
>>
>>68345103
Kane has scored more goals than any other Englishman for the past two seasons, and he's got 5 in 13 appearances for England.
>>
hart
walker cahill smalling rose
lallana dier alli sterling
vardy kane

Fuck sake its that simple i could be england manager
>>
We put pressure on the opposition, but the lack of poachers upfront hurt us. Rashford/Vardy should have been subbed on since they know how to score and are both in form to boot.

Also sturridge should have been starting instead of sterling
>>
>>68344696
I've seen Lallana and Milner take corners before, they're not great at it but neither is Kane.
>>
>>68344970
sterling had as many successful corners as kane
>>
>>68345200
Should be

----------hart
walker cahill smalling rose
----------Dier
Rooney--Wilshere
---------Alli
--Kane-----Vardy
>>
>>68345200
liked how we lined up tonight desu. had my doubts about plenty of players but we were good. doesn't need to change, we need to stick with it and have everyone get used to it. plus bring vardy on at 60ish minutes
>>
>>68345103
He's the best centre forward we have.
>>
>>68345308
>but we were good. doesn't need to change
>>
>>68345103
back to /arse/ with you
>>
Should have brought townsend
>>
>>68345177
If Roy's telling Kane to take them then it's because Kane is obviously impressing in training with his delivery.

If Kane doesn't want to take them he should say and should screw up

It's not hard to see that what is actually happening is that Kane is making the decision to take them
>>
File: ZimzamKek.jpg (768 KB, 2899x2134) Image search: [Google]
ZimzamKek.jpg
768 KB, 2899x2134
>>68345316
>center forward
corner forward you mean?
>>
got a tip for you lads. next game you care about, close your laptop. best game i've watched in ages, cos there was no /sp/
>>
>>68344509
Detective Hodgson at your service
>>
>>68345388
Why? Sterling basically played the way that Townsend does anyway.
>>
>>68342735
I would take people over Roy desu.

I would take Pardew over Woy. I would take Big Sam over Woy. Shit, I would take the risk and take Eddie Howe over Woy, at least he gets Bournemouth playing fast attacking football.
>>
File: Garry-Monk-541345.jpg (20 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
Garry-Monk-541345.jpg
20 KB, 590x350
He should be England manager chaps
>>
>pardew

When will the memes end???
>>
>>68345568
I think everyone thinks he's Welsh
>>
>>68345308
so your happy that PL players couldnt even beat a championship/league 1 tier team
>>
>>68345575

Pardew did a great job this season. They reached a cup final! Just ignore the fact that they only got 1 league win in 2016...
>>
>>68345388
spurs here. the townsend meme has to stop. cutting inside and blasting wildly over the bar only works for the first 10 minutes of his game time. it's random bollocks that an opposition team tightens up on and then counts for nothing, leaving the rest of his team calling him a cunt for not passing for a good 70 minutes if he starts. championship level player, correctly playing in the championship.
>>
>>68345575
>meme manager manages meme team manages meme national team
like pottery
>>
>>68345568
I genuinely can't believe he's at Leeds now.

He did a job at Swansea until the end. Now he's at a joke of a club in a lower division where there's no chance in hell of him succeeding.
>>
File: topdzek.jpg (60 KB, 590x334) Image search: [Google]
topdzek.jpg
60 KB, 590x334
>>68340505
>mfw going on vacation to europe and qt british customs agent asking if I was on "holiday"
>>
File: royhodgson.jpg (40 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
royhodgson.jpg
40 KB, 650x366
Woy is based guys, leave him alone.

>At the moment arguably one or two of the players that you are suggesting are very different to the Fulham players’ maybe are not playing any better than the Fulham players played. Journalists work on names and not on performances. You watch people play and you base your judgement on their name and not necessarily what they have actually done on the day of the game.

>I think you can pay an awful lot of money for poor players and you can pay not very much money for very good ones – it is all to do with how good your scouting and your eye is. There are a lot of things here that the club has got to get right. We have got a lot more expensive failures on our list than good players that we have brought in for next to nothing

>Unbelievable. What do you mean by that? In 35 years, how many clubs have I had? What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting. To suggest that because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work is very hard to believe.
>>
Looking at the players we have we could genuinely do well but Woy is just fucking wank, can't get them to play nice football. Or even effective football. There's no plan or strategy there. I really hope he goes after this.

I'd take a gamble on Howe desu.
>>
File: rsrsrrs.jpg (66 KB, 415x594) Image search: [Google]
rsrsrrs.jpg
66 KB, 415x594
i dont claim to know a lot about this sport, but was there a reason he left this guy on for so long when he just lost the ball every time?
>>
>>68345660
on another day we win 4-1. i'm fine with it. every tournament i've seen england in we've got better as we've gone on (except brazil but i've wiped that from my memory) so i reckon a solid match where we outplay russia and concede cos of an individual error stands us in good stead. sorry if that doesn't match up with your one-game-decides-how-good-a-team-is memery.
>>
>>68345923
Because he's a wonderkid la
>>
>>68345923
He's basically a meme player. He's shit but people think he's good for some reason.
>>
>>68345791
>he unironically bought konchesky while at liverpool
absolute madman
>>
>>68345879
england are playing good football though - if you've actually watched any recent games. i think he should get credit for this 2bh along with all the coaching staff, england are actually playing in an exciting way which is what people have been begging for for years.

not saying that his substitution choices and team selection aren't dodgy though.
>>
The FA are the real guys in charge

They couldn't give two shits about the England team, they only care about the Premiere League because that's where the money is.
>>
>>68345924

>not just throwing on goalscorers against a park the bus side and playing 4-4-2

its not like international sides defend well anyway, woys tactics a shit
>>
>>68346053
What are you on about we play awful football we always play awful football.
>>
>>68345879
>Looking at the players we have we could genuinely do well but Woy is just fucking wank, can't get them to play nice football. Or even effective football. There's no plan or strategy there. I really hope he goes after this.

>good players but the manager's fault

You could literally apply this to any tournament. Even more so in years like 2006 when we actually had several world class players in the starting team
>>
>>68346175
confirmed for not even watching today's match
>>
>>68342641
>old fart

Milner is only 30.
>>
>>68346175
you're wrong lad, you didn't watch the game. we played some good stuff tonight, albeit against shit opposition
>>
>>68346266
if that was good i don't want to know what bad looks like
>>
>Bring 5 (Five) strikers
>Use formation that only use 1 striker
>Didn't sub in any of strikers when try extend the lead
>>
File: 1460803446808.jpg (25 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
1460803446808.jpg
25 KB, 308x450
>>68346053
>>
>>68346331
not your sport fatlad. when someone says good in the first game of a tourney there are mitigating factors, it's not the same level of good as in the final, or in league football where the players train together every day. but you're fat and stupid so you wouldn't know that tbf
>>
>>68346331

>i don't want to know what bad looks like

any england game from the 2010 or 2014 world cup.

i.e. can't even create a single chance against shit teams

big difference to tonight
>>
>>68346395
now this is a good JF point. first one in this thread. woy is a fucking lunatic desu
>>
>>68346395

The system was working so perfectly that there was no need to bring anybody on. If the system had been any more perfect it would have been 2-0 and Russia would have stood no chance of getting a point. That wouldn't have been very neighbourly so I am glad that we fucked up.
>>
>>68346175
You're right, it was pretty crap. Biased commentators making people think that was good performance or that Russia were hopeless.
It can improve though, Woy has got England playing well before so it's not like he can't do it, it's whether he has enough time to get them working as a team.
That said, he's made some terrible choices for his squad, i.e Wilshere instead of Drinkwater
>>
>le sit back and let them attack our weak defence man
Genius
>>
>>68346290
>30

jesus christ, I didn't think they had internet at the retirement village, shouldn't you be playing bingo or having a nap right now old timer?
>>
>>68347080
What do you think the average age is around here?
>>
>>68346448
lol wales won
>>
>>68347335
>tf
>tp
od
>>
I have no fucking idea how this utter plank is manager of England
Someone needs to assassinate him ASAP
>>
>>68342414
What the fuck are you talking about?
Roy stumbled upon a great formation/line-up for that friendly against Germany and he doesn't go with it for the Euros?
>literally picked wilshere/lallana/sterling

Get fucked lad and take your shit opinions elsewhere
>>
>>68339806
desu it's his fault. Why would he decide to take corners and free kicks. It's like if Giroud was doing it for us it makes no fucking sense.
>>
File: 1228158686146.jpg (43 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1228158686146.jpg
43 KB, 640x616
>>68347744
>that friendly against Germany
>>
>the fucking memers ITT saying it is Kane deciding to take set pieces
Even if that were true (it fucking isn't you retards) Woy could say at HT to go in the box instead of taking them.
>>
>>68348214
Why isn't it true. Why would Roy tell Kane he has to take set pieces if he's shit?

What is likely, is that Roy has left the decision to the players to decide, which is why we had Rooney taking a few.
>>
File: 1448228290028.png (306 KB, 321x560) Image search: [Google]
1448228290028.png
306 KB, 321x560
>>68347944
Great retort, I'm stumped
>>
>>68348439
>What is likely, is that Roy has left the decision to the players to decide
In which case he should hand in his resignation right fucking now because he admits he is fucking clueless.
>>
I just can't believe he let Kane take corners. They were fucking shit.
>>
>>68348444
So you should.

Fucking friendlies, mate.
>>
>>68348533
Who is better? I don't know of any that is a better corner taker and clearly Kane thinks he's up to the job.
>>
>>68343133
>>68343267
underrated posts
>>
>>68343401
this desu, we were much better than france were on saturday, against a similar standard of opposition, not saying we're better than france obviously but we were great tonight.
>>
>all this damage control from the brit bongs
You played like pure shite, the worst? The russians were even shittier. You couldn't get the fucking ball in when they couldn't even pass it between themselves, they looked like your typical russian drunkard playing football. You're a fucking disgrace to the sport, just kill yourselves at this point
>>
>>68345103
agree

sturridge is the patricians choice.
>>
>>68348703
Lellana easily is better than Kane at them and half the team is about as "good" at them as Kane's shit corners were, bottom line is you don't have one of the tallest players, your one and only striker at that, off in the corner taking the fucking corner instead of being in the box.
It's maybe justifiable in a 4-4-2 or something but with Kane our only striker? Absolute fucking madness, schoolboy stuff.
>>
>>68347154
its 14-18. Some 50 year olds with no lives too.
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.