[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
England Hope thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 53f.jpg (27 KB, 600x765) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
27 KB, 600x765
Bros, ignore all the shitposting bandwagoners. Okay we drew but a point is always good in the groups.

But here's the thing that no-one can deny - England looked fucking awesome today bros. Amazing play, great interchanges, slick passing. Out of the four matches so far I believe we've been the best of the lot.

I've got hope bros, hope. We're gonna go far.

The ABE's can have their night. Us? We've got a tournament to enjoy.
>>
File: ps4users.png (13 KB, 219x231) Image search: [Google]
ps4users.png
13 KB, 219x231
>>68338049
>england
you guys are irrelevant in soccer now. We are ruling this shit from now on
>>
File: 1436684041810.jpg (77 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
1436684041810.jpg
77 KB, 519x600
>>68338049
The famous caliphate of Albion
>>
>>68338049
That's the spirit
>>
This is literally the worst squad we had for 20 something years and yet you manage to fuck it up
>>
>implying they wont sneak their way to the final
>>
No we were awful all game and only scored because of a 20 yard fk. Sterling and Rooney were shit all season but allowed to start, we don't have any good wingers but Hodgson played them anyway, Vardy didn't get to play, and Drinkwater wasn't even picked.
>>
Counterpoint:

Kane was shit, probably exhausted emotionally after not winning the league.

Rooney was average, you guys are really crying out for a proper attacking midfielder and wilshere is probably not fit.

You still have Roy Hodgson as coach
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 765x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 765x470
Our fans are pussies kek
>>
>>68338049
England vs Wales will be huge, a win would guarantee us to get through to round of 16. A draw will be troublesome.
>>
File: you.jpg (10 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
10 KB, 237x213
>>68338049
>>
>>68338049
>But here's the thing that no-one can deny - England looked fucking awesome today bros. Amazing play, great interchanges, slick passing. Out of the four matches so far I believe we've been the best of the lot.

No we haven't.
There's no fucking end product.
The amount of times today we put the ball in dangerous areas but with no-one there or whoever was there not getting on it was criminal.
Shit like that cost us the game.
We didn't get the result, so we didn't perform.
>>
The problem is that it's always the case. We're always the better team but then we throw it away towards the end because we fall asleep.

We have to stop saying "we were the better team" because we don't learn that way. The score says we were equal to a fucking awful Russia side.
>>
A truly better team bullies the opponent and tries to get a second goal
>>
>>68338248
nah I think you didn't watch jack shit

Sterling was fine for the most part, he made good runs and forced the Russians back much of the time, and Rooney did his job of distributing the ball around the field and letting Alli go more up. You weren't awful all game, you were awful for 20 minutes, 10 of those at the beginning of the half where England had no clue what to do, and the other 10 at the end where Hodgson's dumbass decided to take out Sterling and Rooney for Milner and Wilshere, whom lost the ball constantly and deciding to park the bus in a game where you were dominating through attack. Personally he could've taken off Sterling still but for someone like Vardy who can play on the counter.

The real bad players for me were Kane and Lallana. Kane was a nonfactor most of the game and Lallana kept on missing chances.

>>68338333
Lallana had chances he botched and Kane was never in position/offside.
>>
>>68338599
If Roy kept Rooney on, subbed Sterling off for Vardy then that would of happened.
>>
>>68338111
fuck off /v/
>>
File: 1465333381300.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1465333381300.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
why do i exist?
>>
>>68338049
>I believe we've been the best of the lot.
>best of the lot
>didn't even manage to get 3 points against the worst team to play so far
I wouldn't be optimistic
>>
Ratings, lads.

>Hart: 5
>Smalling: 6
>Cahill: 6 .
>Rose: 6
>Walker: 8
>Dier: 8
>Rooney: 7
>Alli: 6
>Lallana: 6
>Sterling: 3.
>Kane: 3

Walker MOTM. Sterling fucking up every counter attack by no being able to dribble, cross, pass, shoot or control a ball. Please end this "Kane taking set pieces" meme.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.