[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that coaching is by far the most overlooked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: illuminati confirmed.png (612 KB, 1337x300) Image search: [Google]
illuminati confirmed.png
612 KB, 1337x300
Can we all agree that coaching is by far the most overlooked and underrated aspect of winning a chip?

If we look at the list of NBA champions in the modern era what do we find?

>Lakers and Bulls
>8 rings
>Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson

>Spurs
>5 rings
>future Hall of Fame coach Gregg Popovich

>Warriors
>Soon to be 2 rings
>would be Hall of Fame coach at this rate Steve Kerr

>all of them won coach of the year multiple times

It's also worth noting that some of the recent finals winners had GOAT coaches such as the 2006 Miami Heat with Pat Riley.

If you think a team like the Cavaliers aren't talented enough to win a chip with the team they currently have, you're delusional as fuck.

Coaching is the single most important aspect of basketball. Without it you just have a collection of players. If you have enough talent, it's possible to get lucky and win without great coaching but it's not possible to create a dynasty without one.

Look at the Blazers. Look at the Thunder. These teams objectively improved or played well above their expectations due to their coach or coaching changes.
>>
>tell players to not miss
>Coaching
>>
>>68323662
yes it's so simple then why do the same coaches keep winning and with vastly different teams?
>>
>>68323132

Phil has 11 titles, not 8.
>>
jackson has 11 rings with the bulls and lakers

also, most GOAT coaches were JUST tier or very very mediocre tier nba players
>>
>>68324127

11 as a coach, 2 as a player I believe.
>>
>Kerr
>2 rings
>2 COTY

Lol
>>
>>68324127
I know this but that stretches back to when jordan first entered the league. i was speaking i terms of the last 20 years or i'd list all of riley's chips too.
>>
>>68324301
i mean when mj won his first finals, not entered the league.
>>
>>68323132

>Phil Jackson
>coach of the 6x champion Chicago Bulls

Some would disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ZaudNTSeQ

Go to 2:13.
>>
>>68324378
yes he coached a bulls team with far less and greater talent and a lakers team with more or less talent pending era. that's testament to his greatness. and it's not just him. riley did it with a lackluster heat team. kerr took basically the same team that couldn't get out of the playoffs into the finals. pops won with two entirely different spurs teams.

and the fact is no other coaches are winning again and again.
>>
>>68324142
take larry brown for example. he took a pistons team to the finals twice in two years coaching, won a chip and with that same or better team with a different coach they failed to even win the conference four consecutive times after.

it takes a certain threshold of talent to be relevant but after that it's all coaching.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.