[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brits of sp, is there any market for nfl in uk? goodell makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: nfluk.jpg (11 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
nfluk.jpg
11 KB, 280x180
Brits of sp, is there any market for nfl in uk? goodell makes it sound like they could sustain a team there and that it is growing very fast but I feel like it is just expats mostly that go to games and follow nfl.
>>
London would be Europe's team, Europe can sustain a franchise
>>
I hope its true. I'd love to see the Brits get in on this.

/sp/ tensions would be at an all time high if they managed to make the playoffs
>>
>>68273242
I honestly feel like there'd need to be an entire division in Europe for a team in London to work in the long term. It's just a matter of where'd you put the teams. No one really cares enough besides maybe (but probably not) Germans.
>>
Yeah plenty of nonces in this country so the nfl will do well imo
>>
>>68273242
Germany could support multiple teams on their own. The reason NFL has games in London is because they want to get Brits into the game.

>>68273358
NFL teams in Europe won't probably happen anytime soon. The logistics are a problem and while Germany could support a team Germans don't like speaking English which is a problem for marketing. Both to the potential teams and NFL. UK doesn't have enough potential fans to support more than one team but having only one team in Europe wouldn't really work that well from the logistics side.
>>
>>68273196
>>68273196
How the fuck would this work? Wouldn't it be slightly impractical to have american teams frequently flying to europe?
Personally, i wouldnt mind a rise in the popularity of american football here, it could be quite interesting.
>>
>>68273196
>Brits of sp, is there any market for nfl in uk? goodell makes it sound like they could sustain a team there and that it is growing very fast but I feel like it is just expats mostly that go to games and follow nfl.

Yes

I would get into it so long as the team name & branding wasn't too imposed from the USA

The UK has even more leisure activities/sports than the USA, there's definitely room for more in a country which has cricket and darts
>>
>>68273511
What if they do something like how in the MLB it's NL vs. AL in the World Series but for convenience, no Interleague play?
>>
>>68273511
>How the fuck would this work? Wouldn't it be slightly impractical to have american teams frequently flying to europe?

They already fly all over the USA

London is almost as near to NYC as NYC is to LA (slight exageration)
>>
Basketball is more likely but there seems to be less of a push for it from the NBA than the NFL.
>>
Don't put them in a division. Have them be the Notre Dame of the NFL until wormholes are invented.
>>
>>68273901
NBA can barely get enough enthusiasm in Atlanta & they're black.
>>
Maybe the NFL could get the ball rolling by turning the Pro Bowl into a game of USA vs UK (still with American NFL players representing UK obvs)
>>
>>68273991
And play it in London I meant to say
>>
>>68273901
Basketball is barely popular here. If the nba expanded in europe it would more likely be in greece, serbia, russia, turkey, lithuania or italy.
>>
>>68273973
Well London is black and isn't Atlanta.
>>
>>68274195
It's 8 games to 41. Logistics alone.
>>
>>68274184
It at least has more people playing it than American Football.
Don't think we even have American Football teams
>>
>>68273511
6 games a year are divisional. If there was a Euro division the problem would be alleviated because 8 games a year would be at home in London or whatever with another 3 somewhere else in Europe.

Realistically they would only be in the states for about five games. Even for the divison that faces Europe every year it would only mean two games outside the country every year.

The problem is that the teams would probably be Browns and Loins-tier for god knows how long.
>>
I've met a couple of strange posh people who liked the NFL
>>
No doubt people would attend & watch, but that fly out to Seattle would be a bitch.
>>
I do not see the grace that NFL teams play in Europe (England)

for me would be better than the MLS (Major League Soccer) make matches around the world

to see that in the United States and in Canada there is good level of soccer
>>
>>68274184
Leicester just won the domestic trophy in the BBL
>>
>>68276976
>it's the autistic Costa Rican guy
>>
>>68273991

Ew, no. We don't want the bloody Pro Bowl.
>>
wont work 99% of the fans who turn up in london already have a team and wont abandon them for the fucking london jaguars
>>
>>68273196

Logistically a nightmare for the London team to play half their games in the USA. Also sucks for the 8 teams having to play there.

Won't happen

Might as well put a team in Canada or Mexico before England
>>
>>68273717

Imagine the 49ers, Seahawks, Raiders, Broncos, Cardinals, Chargers, LA Rams (now) having to fly all the way to London for a game
>>
File: 1346792219517.png (7 KB, 152x160) Image search: [Google]
1346792219517.png
7 KB, 152x160
>You will never see a Superbowl between the New England Patriots and the London Roundheads
>>
>>68279614
*London Redcoats
>>
>>68273196
No

Nobody cares.
>>
>>68279597
Once every other year they'd have to make a long flight? What's the big deal? Planes are very fast anon :^)
>>
>>68279792
Then why do people show up to the games?
>>
when you force something for 10 years like nfl london there will always be hipsters but its only couple times a year and more of a event not a sport

london is basically a foreign city so it can work anyway
>>
>it is growing very fast
Lol no it's not
>>
File: 1465026819241.jpg (277 KB, 870x790) Image search: [Google]
1465026819241.jpg
277 KB, 870x790
>mfw NFL Wembley matches get half broadcast on channel 4 and the second half on more 4

Nobody fucking watches it lel
>>
>>68279726
Roundhead is probably a more well known faction/term in England. I suppose cavalier would be good too.
>>
>>68279891
There are autistic fans of american football in the UK, they're proper insufferable for some reason.

Also other fans of american football will fly in from across Europe to watch a match,
>>
>>68279934
Do you have any idea what you're talking about m8
>>
>>68279891

Think it is more novelty then anything. If it was a regular thing it could become boring. Could work though.
>>
>>68280114
Didn't they try it in the 80s and it did well to start with then fucking failed miserably?
>>
>>68280082
yes. Roundheads and Cavaliers were the nicknames of the factions that supported either Parliament or King Charles during the English Civil War
>>
>>68280162
What has that got to do with american football though?
>>
>>68279934
>>68279726
it'd be the British Bulldogs
>>
>>68273196
Keep in mind that Goodell is almost legally braindead.
>>
>>68280234
Potential team names
>>
i don't understand why goodell feels the need to push NFL over there, the league is making almost twice as much money as MLB. unless he genuinely wants to grow the sport in Europe, which they already tried, and failed.
>>
>>68280239
Yep, probably
>>
>>68280283

-> >>68280264
>>
>>68273196
I know the owner of the jags also owns Fulham. I heard a few years back he was trying to buy Tottenham as well because honestly who wants to own Fulham? If anyone moves their team to England it'll be the jags but it seems he wants to buy a soccer team somewhere that has a decent stadium and London based that plays in the premier before he moves
>>
>>68280512
Khan already said he has no intention of ever moving the Jaguars. Truly the most Based owner in the league.
>>
>>68280283
If there's any shekels to be made then it's a potential happening. They'll continue gathering data and what not to see if it would be worth it. Also just America getting as many feet in the door as possible when it comes to business. Think about it, like this guy said >>68273196 it would not only be Britain's team, it would be the team of any European NFL fan. Merchandise would be sold, TV contracts, you know, shekels. Cancerous American business
>>
>>68280283

They see an unexploited market.
>>
>>68280512
Kroenke the kike also owns Arsenal as well as the rams. A lot of NFL team owners also have holdings abroad, probably explains why the ownership of PL teams like Liverpoo and manure are so shit.
>>
>>68280598
I meant >>68273242 not OP
>>
>>68279934
People here are more likely to know Redcoat than Roundhead but they're also sort of not viewed as super nice names over here and therefore wouldn't garner a lot of support. It'll probably be London Bulldogs simply because Lions are already taken.
>>
>>68280569
Owners say a lot of things. Owners who have no intention of ever leaving also tend to hold the city hostage at time the issue of new stadiums come up. Hell I don't ever think my Broncos will ever leave Denver but that doesn't mean Bowlen didn't threaten to move last time the stadium issue came up
>>
>>68280695
Didn't the Jags get a new stadium fairly recently?
>>
File: nflyurop.gif (32 KB, 289x334) Image search: [Google]
nflyurop.gif
32 KB, 289x334
>>68280607
they already tried exploiting the European market, they even gave it a fancy soccer shield logo. it folded after 15 years.
>>
>>68280780
Wikipedia says they renovated it in 2013, but it opened in 1995 which is ancient by autistic owner standards
>>
>NFL in Europe
This is the memeist meme to ever memely meme its way to memehood
>>
>>68280950
Naw, that's Major League Soccer
>>
>>68281018
Football is FAR more popular in the US than american football is in the UK
>>
>>68281202
Seriously what's stopping every rugby player in the world from deciding to try football? Even the players on the practice team make more than most rugby players
>>
>>68281202
It really isn't. It only looks that way because the US is 5x bigger than the UK.
>>
>>68276976
MLS is good ? Kek
>>
>>68273196
No

Everyone who would watch NFL
already watches Rugby, and no-one who watches Rugby would watch NFL
>>
Pushing the local european leagues (e.g. the GFL) or college teams (a few of these actually exist) is far more effective.
More foreign players = more foreign fans.
For examonr MoBo has a huge impact on german football fans
>>
>>68280849
>implying that will stop the kikes
>>
>>68273504
No they couldn't
>>
>>68273196
>is there any market for nfl in uk?

Since NFL is basically rugby with body armour, no.
>>
>>68279504
Toronto Towers anyone?
>>
Following American sports is fedora tier
>>
>>68285999
Rugby is just the triple option

>>68279504
Fuck no
Canada's already too involved in our sports
>>
>>68286096
1 team in the NBA

>too involved
>>
>>68286128
1 too many
Plus you've got that baseball team
We'll take them back if you take all of the furpuck teams away
>>
>>68286096
You stole our Hockey.

>too involved.

1 Team in the MLB

>too involved.
>>
>>68286323
Again that's one team too many
You take the all of those furpuck teams back
Also take all the furpuck fans
Literally nothing of value will be lost if they leave
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 800x800
>>68286062
>I only watch superior English sports
>much beautiful game
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.