[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone give me a legit and informed reasons at to why usmnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 361x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 361x640
Can someone give me a legit and informed reasons at to why usmnt is trash . How is it that in a country of 300 million where youth soccer is the most popular sport for kids can this team be unable to be small third world countries like Columbia.
>>
funding and salary prospects
>>
>>68244411
Because the vast majority of kids who play soccer move on to basketball, baseball, or football once they turn 11 or 12. Soccer is seen as a sport for women and small children in the United States. And Colombia has some great players, they made the quarterfinals of the last World Cup. There's no shame in losing to them.
>>
literally the college system

german kids are already playing vs grown men and top level players before they hit 20 while your best players have to play vs shitters in college until theyre 23

its like if you had kids who grew up playing in the nfl theyd destroy kids who grew up in your normal system. iron sharpens iron innit la
>>
Nobody takes it seriously. Soccer is a sport for little kids, girls, and Mexicans here.
>>
>>68244455
this
>>
>>68244455

>its like if you had kids who grew up playing in the nfl

they'd be legit ded. football is a gozillion times more physical than soccer m8, there's a good reason you have to be three years removed from high school to be eligible for the NFL
>>
>>68244455
If a 17-year old tried playing in the NFL, he would literally die.
>>
>>68244455
>>68244495

i do agree with you generally though that the ncaa system is bad for soccer development in the us
>>
We put all out a athlete points into creating a race of giga niggas who have the physical ability to play football and basketball but don't have the mental capacity to play baseball, hockey, or soccer. That's why we imports Canadians, Finns, and Swedes to play hockey, while importing central Americans to play baseball.
>>
>>68244411
they play in mls. in europe level of the game is much higher.
they just must be sent to europe like Pulisic
>>
>>68244516
17 yo lukaku from belgium.jpg
>>
They're not good.
>>
No real youth system. Player's dads and highschool coaches aren't enough
>>
how America is not bored of playing with states against each other and not against Europe teams in some International league.
if they create soccer teams at the level of Patriots,Cowboys,Yankees,Lakers they can compete against the top elite Euro teams.
>>
All the top athletes in America are going to choose one of the big three American sports to play instead of going for soccer because of both the social prestige and the money
>>
>>68244434
>>68244480
These are the correct answers.
>>
Because the goats of football have been manlets, the shorter the better
The fast strong negroes that make up the bulk of american athletes do not have the technical skill required to play the game, theyre trains going at full speed.
You cant ask a train to stop, turn, run, then repeat over and over again over 90 mins.
Theyre made to go fast, then stop for a while (commercial break) then once theyve recuperated, they do it again
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.