[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time I go chill with a group for the world series, super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: nerd.jpg (23 KB, 515x385) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
23 KB, 515x385
Every time I go chill with a group for the world series, super bowl, wimbledon, there is almost always, without fail, some NERD who downloaded statistics and is making fucking predictions when everyone else is trying to enjoy the sports, pulling out his app or nate silver article or fucking spreadsheet crumpled up in his pocket.

Watching sports is about having a good time, cheering people on, bantering with friends. Of course, nerds, being the social outcasts they are, envy socially adept people and try to join in. Except since they have autism they have to bring in a bunch of aspie statistics.

It's like, you're chilling at your buddies place with your crew, watching sports, eating pizza with a beer in your hand, and SOMEBODY'S fucking friend of a friend who managed to sneak in through the back door interrupts you and starts saying "YEAH MAN. NATE SILVER PREDICTED IT. HE HAS A 321.124234 BATTING AVERAGE. STRONG HITTER. I GOT HIM IN MY FANTASY LEAGUE, HOPING FOR SOME GOOD PLAYS" and everyone kind of has their look on this face thinking in their heads "who the fuck invited this guy":

Nerds being the kind of people to obsess over meaningless minutiae, numbers, and trivia that means nothing may be welcome doing your faggy analysis of magic the gathering matches at the comic book store that smells like cum and cheetos, where other socially retarded nerds are willing to listen to you drone on about absolutely nothing, but never go watch sports with a group of people. You'll just look extremely aspie (you are) and humiliate yourself.

Sports are about cheering for shit, talking shit, bantering, drinking pisswater beer with your friends, eating chips and pizza, and having a good fucking time. If you can't do that then get the FUCK out, find a more befitting hobby (like league of legends or trading card games), and go back to crunching numbers on your computer, nerd.
>>
>>68108636
Is it you?
>>
>>68108660
nah bro
>>
>wimbledon
>>
>>68108636
My dad is almost this guy. I try to not be this guy. But if you get mad at people for talking about the game and who plays well and what they think will happen then you're retarded. People don't go the absurd lengths you described though. I just say, "yeah, that guys been playing well lately" or "I have a feeling so and so will win" and leave it at that. If that triggers you then I don't know what to say man. Of course, if my team is involved all logic and reasoning goes out the window and I would bet the house on them and talk shit no matter what. People just enjoy different aspects of the game I guess
>>
GAS THE WEEBS
>>
>>68108636
>i hate autists
>writes an essay on an anonymous anime board to vent

cmon cuz...
>>
I'm sorry if you don't understand metrics OP, must be frustrating being unable to appreciate what the numbers actually mean. The number reflect past performance to better predict how they perform in given situations. These numbers and nerds actually run the teams you're rooting for. Literally employed by every GM in every team sport ever.

Stop being so mentally disabled.
>>
>>68108636
>>68109425
Oh, and also this never happened OP, you're a miserable lying sack of shit fishing for (You)s on an anonymous image board lol
>>
>>68109859
only autists care

who cares? they have so many people employed
>>
>baseball

lel calm down old man, you might have a heart attack
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.