[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are professional cyclists the best athletes in the world? >subjected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Are professional cyclists the best athletes in the world?

>subjected to thousands of miles climbing over giant mountains, snow, rain and crosswinds
>have no off-season
>required to have a mental and physical stamina exceeding most other domains of sport
>race at high speeds inches apart from other riders with little to no protection
>chances of injury or death is massive
>>
best at doping? sure
>>
>>68103624

No, not even in the top 50
>>
File: 163739_RTX1LSD3.jpg (174 KB, 1001x667) Image search: [Google]
163739_RTX1LSD3.jpg
174 KB, 1001x667
>>68103624
yes
You only know how fucking nuts they are when you get a road bike, get it going at 20mph for as long as possible and then go uphill on it.
>>
>>68103661
have you ever ridden a bike for more than 20 miles in successive days? It's almost impossible for top-level cyclists not to be doping given the rigors they must face
>>
Pretty much but watching it is boring
>>
The elite road cycling calendar has an off-season, though. Most cyclists start racing as a warm up in February and end competing in September with the World Championship (majority) or in early October with Paris-Tours and Lombardia (a minority).
>>
>>68103624
Dirt cycling disciplines >>>>>>>>>>>>>> pavement cycling disciplines
>>
>>68103788
Yes but even the training they do in the off season would kill anybody on this site, including /n/
>>
>>68103864
>implying /n/ rides
>>
>best athletes
>literally propelled on a mechanized vehicle
>>
>>68103864
and training on public roads is often as dangerous as racing outright
>>
>>68103888
What goes on at /n/
>>
File: Femke Van den Driessche.png (624 KB, 1482x866) Image search: [Google]
Femke Van den Driessche.png
624 KB, 1482x866
Cycling officials on Saturday detained a bicycle during the cyclocross world championships in Zolder, Belgium, to investigate "technological fraud," and on Sunday they confirmed the bike had a concealed motor in the frame.

>It wasn't my bike — it was that of a friend and was identical to mine

>It wasn't my bike it was that of a friend and was identical to mine
>>
>cycling will never be as good as it was in the 90's
>>
>>68103661

DOPING POWER RANKINGS

1. NFL
2. MMA
3. Boxing
4. Tennis
5. Track and Field
6. Cycling
7. Baseball
>>
>>68104037
Train autism, meme wheel diameter debates, and muh grams.
>>
>>68103888
Well a few mountain goats do... but most don't.

I used to pull out 1000Km months between uni and work. Now I do maybe 100Km months if lucky!
>>
>>68104093
holy shit I just realized that board doesn't even have 1 million posts yet. What a pointless board.
>>
>>68104072
>no divegrass at #1
>>
>>68104072
baseball shouldn't even be in the top 20, you get massive suspensions if you get caught nowadays. i'd wager only about 15% of the league still does it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.