[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the football to soccer transition happen in the USA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: sanchez-kick.gif (4 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sanchez-kick.gif
4 MB, 640x360
When will the football to soccer transition happen in the USA?
>>
When poor ball stops ending in ties
>>
After Trump becomes president.

His wall idea was obviously inspired by a free-kick wall.
The ball standing for the Mexicans, the goal for the US.
>>
You have to have been living under a rock to not realize its been in motion for at least 5 years now, people just sit around waiting for us to become the unbeatable best soccer nation and question when it will happen without contributing to the growth of the sport here its pathetic
>>
>>68102293
When Americans become pussies who enjoy watching 90 minutes of manlets flopping around ending in an exciting 1-0 game
>>
>>68102346
Or when we stopped getting robbed every time our national team gets good.

Real talk. Really illegitimizes the game in the eyes of kids growing up, and is probably why we abandon it for other games (among other reasons like patriotism and money)
>>
>>68102393
Excuse me if I don't want to pay to watch shit tier product.
>>
Maybe when it stops being boring.
>>
>>68102591
I can deal with boring, but not gay.
>>
Soccer will never overtake football, but when the American Beckham or Pele comes along, all the other sports like baseball and basketball are going to have a terrible God damn problem.
>>
>>68102293
What's the ruling on this? Touchback? Safety?
>>
>>68102393
in motion? nothing is in motion. we need to have a respectable professional league before anything starts going in motion. as it stands right now, e-sports have a better chance of becoming popular. and that's an ice cube's chance in hell, so that's really saying something.
>>
>>68102293
soccer isnt watched here because the competition is shit and our nt is shit, so i guess when both of those things are resolved

>>68102645
safety
>>
>>68102293
on the 777th of never
>>
>>68102639

Pele and Beckham already came to America. America did not care about skinny men who jog for a living.
>>
>>68102639
>all other sports like the ones played in other countries
????
>>
File: 1462557254448.png (56 KB, 147x155) Image search: [Google]
1462557254448.png
56 KB, 147x155
>>68102398

Yeah, instead Americans are sheep who like watching refball games so you are watching 80% commercials and 20% game. It's not really about the sport as much as an excuse to buy budweiser and stuff your fatfuck american faces with nacho cheese doritos and burgers.
>>
>>68104796
>Yeah, instead Americans are sheep
stopped reading
>>
>>68102293
I don't think it will ever be #1 but I think it will start breaking into the top 3 sports by the time this generation's kids are in their teens.
>>
>>68104796
this 2bh famalam
most americans are too stubborn and self-centered to learn and embrace new things, it shows in our politics, our people, thank god the SJWs will eventually purge our country of this nonsense and finally make america great, for the first time
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.