[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>who cares about teamwork, strategy, effort or nuance when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 15
File: 1461753952957.jpg (576 KB, 2260x2177) Image search: [Google]
1461753952957.jpg
576 KB, 2260x2177
>who cares about teamwork, strategy, effort or nuance when you can just chuck the ball towards the basket from 30 ft away with a defender in your face and it's the most efficient play in the game

sad to say bros but i think it's time we found a different sport. basketball had a good run but it's pretty clearly run its course.
>>
>stop winning in a way I don't like
Lmao
>>
>guise i posted it again xD
>>
>>67995711
The 3 point shot has ended basketball.
>>
You think it is easy to shoot an NBA 3 off the dribble with superathlete Russell Westbrooks hand in your face? Idiot, that takes a shit ton of effort. You are a worm compared to the GOAT Curry.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 600x800
>>67995891
>I rate curry
>>
It's time to do something to the rules. I can't stand watching basketball if they're going to play this way. Bring back the old illegal defense rules.
>>
>>67995711
Don't forget the fact that because both blacks and white guys like steph the Golden Boys get favored in every possible situation
>>
It's over. You go to a park and everyone's jacking up 3's. Tall guys. Short guys. No post play. No mid range game. No pick and roll. The sport is dead.
>>
If it's so easy why don't other teams do it?
>>
Your tears are delicious

Feed me more
>>
>>67995711
learn to defend the perimeter, memelord
>>
>who cares about teamwork, strategy, effort or nuance when you can just be a giant baboon and charge at the basket while flopping at the slightest contact and it's the most efficient play in the game

sad to say bros but i think it's time we found a different sport. basketball had a good run but it's pretty clearly run its course.
>>
the problem is, chucking it from far away gets you more points.

fix your damn sport niggers
>>
Basketball has always been fucking garbage

Thank you Golden State for effectively killing this god-awful nigger and wigger sport
>>
>he thinks there's no teamwork strategy or nuance in creating these three point shots
>>
>shooing the ball is bad for basketball

Someone get a seismologist, /sp/s anal ravaging is off the charts
>>
the 3 point line was a mistake
>>
>>67996023
But that's not the most efficient play in the game because you don't get three points :^)
>>
>>67995971
casuals get out. if you dont understand basketball go back to the 12 people that still watch boreball in /mlb/
>>
>>67995711
guess you weren't born yet during the isoball era. this is refreshing shit desu and you guys who complain are retards.
>>
im not a basketball fan by any stretch but the few games ive watched ive always wondered why they dont just throw 3 pointers all game

i should have coached basketball, could've done something with life
>>
>>67996153
Here's your (you)
>>
>>67995711
Thompson started 0/7

maybe get your own efficient offense, and the hail marys wont matter as much
>>
Its simple.

Do what hockey teams do.

Get a bunch of goons or thugs in this case and knock em in the mouth.
>>
>>67995711
fucking basketball fans would rather have a game where everyone just does no-talent dunks rather than sink a 3-pointer that actually takes some skill
>>
I say we start by getting rid of the negros.

Then we go back to knee high socks and short shorts pulled up past the belly button.
>>
>>67996214
Exactly. It's been nothing but big men driving. Nice to see some shooters.
>>
>Implying Curry is not also one of the most efficient scorers inside the paint.
>>
>>67996271
mad
cuz
bad
>>
>>67996036
should make dunks only 1 point then
>>
File: asdf.jpg (27 KB, 269x243) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
27 KB, 269x243
>objective of the sport is to put the ball in the basket
>is really good at putting the ball in the basket
>BASKETBALL IS DEAD, TIME TO FIND A NEW SPORT

someone explain this to me
>>
>>67995711
>chuck 3's
>>
your sport is trash for two reasons

1. distance = more points
2. no one bothers to learn to make mid-range jumpers

you either have a manlet chucking 3s or a big nigger dunking

literally no in between because in between means phantom fouls
>>
>>67996365
Watching Ron Artest knock Harden the fuck out was one of the highlights of my time as an NBA fan.
>>
Basketball was the best when you just saw Shaw dominate. What a beast
>>
>>67995711
you live by the 3. you die by the 3.
see the 08-09 Magic
>>
>>67996277
lmao basketball players are so soft, they take an accidental bump and they go down like a train hit them
>>
>>67996443
How mad was lebron Jesus Christ that was bs
>>
>>67995711

>OKC
>teamwork
>strategy
>effort

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>67995711
finally white bois can play bball again
>>
I don't watch basketball because I can't stand it but it always seemed to me that on anything but a dunk or a layup, the defender pointlessly flails around and the guy with the ball just shimmys around until he finally decides to shoot the ball, with no resistance whatsoever.

I'm sure it's nowhere near as easy as it looks but it just strikes me as ridiculous. Shoot, miss or score, run to other side of court, shoot, run back, rinse repeat x 1000
>>
>>67996443
yes 08-09 Magic started this whole era of basketball
>>
File: CjoUg3XXAAAu4Rb.jpg (82 KB, 568x686) Image search: [Google]
CjoUg3XXAAAu4Rb.jpg
82 KB, 568x686
HHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA HE THOUGHT THE GSW WOULD LOSE
>>
If we're gonna chuck, we should go back to the PAUL WESTPHAL SYSTEM days where regulation game scores were 150 to 140
>>
>>67996533

they definitely have effort desu
>>
>>67996405

90% of NBA championships were won by teams that had a star center or a star who was a great jumpshooter.

Lebron won his rings AFTER he became a good mid range shooter. Lost when he lost his shot again. Kobe, Dirk, MJ --- all elite mid range shooters.

Midrange becomes the most valuable because its the shot they'll always give you. In the playoffs, team defenses are designed to take away the driving lane and the 3 point, so midrange shooters become extremely valuable.

Exception are these Warriors, but then again, Curry is also a very good midrange shooter.
>>
So let me get this straight...

You would rather see lebron or KD or westbrook drive the net and draw a foul every 2 minutes, then see shots created from the outside?

Everyone says "chuck" but do you really think its easy to shoot a 27 footer with a 6'11 guy in your face?

And to the retard who said this style of ball has no strategy, did you miss every pick and slip Curry and Klay used to create space? Do you even know what the fuck a slip is?

I know /nba/ appeals to the lowest common denominator but jesus christ learn2basketball. This style of ball is far better, and far more impressive, than the days of hurrdurr AI/Kobe/Lebron push the paint, draw the foul, shoot their 2 pts, rinse and repeat. For fucks sake.
>>
>>67996465
What ever happened to the Pistons of the nba? Even Jordan was scared of them.
>>
>>67996556
Defending a shooter is usually about disrupting his vision and not allowing him to move to a comfortable position, not actually trying to get a block. But you should always threaten a block if you can.
>>
>>67996764
are you actually trying to intelligently discuss sports on /sp/?

what the fuck is wrong with you, anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 189x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 189x250
>>67995891
I rate Curry
>>
>>67996730
As are Iguodala, Green, Thompson, Livingston, and a bunch of other guys are decent at least. Thats no problem for GSW.
>>
>>67996774
Playing like that became illegal, you get a flagrant 2 for doing that shit now.
>>
>>67996957
How dirty were they?
>>
>>67996764
/sp/ doesn't realize that if you don't have a 6'7+ superstar on your team, then you have to have impeccable fundamentals to be competitive. GSW are the best team in the league and they're playing with excellent ball movement and tempo. It's a major breath of fresh air for any person who grew up playing basketball learning how the game is supposed to be played, then seeing the NBA with all these superstars who don't even have discipline because they are supernaturally gifted with athleticism. I fucking hate /sp/ even though it should all just be memes, but it really isn't. 99% of the people on this board are absolute fucking morons.
>>
>>67996854
Man, /sp/ used to be a great place to discuss sports... even with all of the memes we had intelligent discourse. Now its just

>JUST
>kys
>apologize
>I rate
>bad song lyrics

where did /sp/ go?
>>
>>67997074
>>bad song lyrics

That one is actually pretty funny, especially after a big choke.
>>
>>67997074

>he doesn't know that 90% of this board is ironic shitposts

wew
>>
Steph is literally driving niggas mad lmao
>>
>>67996814

I see. Didn't think of it that way. The shooter just makes the shot seem so effortless that it seems like there's no defense.
>>
>OKC
>teamwork, strategy, effort or nuance
E B I N
B
I
N
>>
>>67997050
I'm a lacrosse guy but I love basketball because they're really similar. I was reading somewhere that basketball today is basically a game where everyone focused on become freak athletes and ignored the skills of the game and so now things like strategy, team work, etc. are not only ignored but actually frowned upon by fans and when they are done right its hated by everyone.
>>
Why couldn't a defender just goal tend the basket when ever cury is on the court. Sure your down a man in the offence but it be easy to just swat them away from that distance
>>
>>67997183
That illegal
>>
>>67997136
>he doesn't know that this board did not used to be that way a few years ago but has degenerated into a lyl factory shithole on the levels of /s4s/ and /b/
>>
>>67996774

Those Pistons were historic defensively. No current team has the personnel to recreate the Bad Boys. You had guys like Rodman and Dumars who were perennial DPOY contenders. Tough guys like Laimbeer, Mahorn and Salley who knock you on your ass. They had a deep bench with specalized players like Vinny Johnson and James Edwards. Finally, an elite PG, one of the best of all time in Isiah.

In terms of uniqueness, they're up there with any other champion team in history.

As for what happened to them, they got knocked out by the Bulls (swept) and Isiah declined quickly. Rodman went crazy, and they soon became 1st round fodder.
>>
3 pointers > meme slamdunks
>>
>>67997227
Not the mention the 2000s rules have destroyed any possibility of a team being able to play like that anymore.
>>
File: autism speaks.png (131 KB, 1233x287) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks.png
131 KB, 1233x287
>>
>>67997211
Nba soumds really one dimentional
>>
>>67995855
O please fuck off Mexican. There is no skill in shooting 3s you retarded manlet mintory
>>
>>67997317
>There is no skill in shooting 3s you retarded manlet mintor

You are trying way too hard at this, Anon.
>>
>>67997317
Lol, k, go suck off your big black bulls you worship then
>>
File: 1401040685567.jpg (93 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1401040685567.jpg
93 KB, 400x399
>Why don't defenders just walk under shots a la Bruce Bowen? They only call common fouls for that
>>
>>67997317
Please see >>67996764
>>
File: saddlehead.jpg (61 KB, 753x735) Image search: [Google]
saddlehead.jpg
61 KB, 753x735
And this is only the beginning of 3-ball hegemony. It's only gonna get worse from here.
>>
if they don't have teamwork, strategy and effort why didn't they concede 100 points today?
>>
>>67996730
Did you just not watch a game where warriors didnt shoot any midrange jumpers (maybe 2) and just chucked 3s to the win?

The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>67997501

Like I said, the Warriors (Curry basically) are the exception.
>>
File: cutest lil pupper.jpg (105 KB, 560x451) Image search: [Google]
cutest lil pupper.jpg
105 KB, 560x451
>>67997310
>westbrook 7/21

damn
>>
File: sonea3l_300_080418.jpg (57 KB, 300x308) Image search: [Google]
sonea3l_300_080418.jpg
57 KB, 300x308
>>67996764
I honestly kind of would, yes. Big man play is my favorite part of basketball. For me, it's much more interesting to see centers and power forwards battle under the basket. It's more dramatic, it's more intense, and it's more physical, which is how I like all my sports. Not to mention that I think low post play is a thing of beauty.
>>
Steph has literally 90% of the league assblasted as fuck

this is truly GOAT caliber work
>>
>>67996277
>sign bruce bowen to a 10 day contract
>have him do his famous slide the foot under the foot of the shooter while hes coming down from his shot and fuck currys glass ankle up for good
>>
>>67997574
The way the rules are now, they have killed that game. So your options are Warriors 3-ball, or Lelbron drives the net and shoots foul shots every possession. The refs will not tolerate that type of physical play anymore. Its unfortunate but that is how it is.

And to be frank, this style of offense is not really new. Steph Curry is playing the part of Reggie Miller with the 90s Pacers, or Bird with the Celtics. Great shooters with quick releases are not a new invention, its just that we've never seen 2 guys together like that. Imagine if Bird and Miller or Ray Allen had played together how unstoppable they would have been.

Long story short, as long as you have excellent 3 point shooters who have quick releases and know how to pick/slip on the perimeter, you're gonna have this "chuck" style of basketball everyone wants to complain about.
>>
>>67997574
so you like sweaty big black men grinding themselves up inside the paint

I see
>>
>>67997574
Then go be a coach.

Good luck trying to find a big man with the stamina to run up and down the floor like they do now.

Basketball is much more fluid now and infinitely more entertaining. Thank god isoball died in the 90s.
>>
>>67997574

>Big man play is my favorite

Nigga, you gay.
>>
>>67997574
you a lowkey cuck
>>
>>67996764

>did you miss every pick and slip Curry and Klay used to create space? Do you even know what the fuck a slip is?

You mean illegal screens
>>
>>67997723
Well I want the rules changed back. I think David Stern ruined the NBA.
>>
>>67997812
What is illegal about them?
>>
File: 1464656401211.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1464656401211.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>play a meme team that plays with a strategy thats super obvious
>paid millions to win games
>dont try to stop this strategy after playing 6 str8 games

If you played jordan 1on1 for a million he would block your shots if you started chucking threes from half court so why cant Westbrook do the same.
>>
>>67995711
>who cares about teamwork, strategy, effort or nuance

Top kek
Warriors have all that
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-03-20-13-53.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-03-20-13-53.png
1 MB, 720x1280
>>67997355
>>67997368

>ass hurt beaners detected
Feels great not to have my skin color resemble that of shit. Also for the illiterate, if I'm calling him a minority that actually couldn't furhtdt imply that I font worship bulls you retarded cuck, projecting is a thing and you are proving that you miserable balding piece of shit
>>
>>67995994
Because the other players have practiced the right way their whole lives.
>>
>who cares about teamwork
30 assists per game
>strategy
Best ball movement in basketball, had tons of different plays to use
>effort or nuance
Had one of the deepest teams in basketball

Terrible job, terrible effort.
>>
>>67995711
Teamwork is still necessary, you have to pass properly to get the best shot available. Strategy is still necessary, you need to create good plays to get the best 3 point shot possible. Effort is obviously required. Nuance exists even if you can't see it. Proper handles and footwork are critical to getting a good 3 point shot off.
>>
>>67998110
I'm white though
>>
>>67996066
word
>>
>>67998184
Fooled me you double digit IQ swine. You can end your life anytime fat ass
>>
>>67997158
Realistically to block a shot on a guy your height you have to jump straight up with only a slight delay from their shot. It's about disruption, think of football for example - it isnt only sacking that disrupts a quarterback from making accurate passes
>>
File: 1453925032994.gif (11 KB, 227x224) Image search: [Google]
1453925032994.gif
11 KB, 227x224
>>67998153

75% of the league can't even shoot 80% from freethrow line. In terms of actual basketball skill, and not raw athleticism, the league is dogshit right now
>>
>>67998058
To put it this way, 1on1 full court a game to 20 if you could hit 70 percent of your chucked three pointers when not guarded youd beat jordan even if he dunked on you on every possesion he had. He would have to put pressure on you to bring your percentage down and you against a competitive Jordan, best believe you wont get one shot in.
>>
>>67997317
>There is no skill in shooting 3s

Have you even played basketball?
>>
You basketball fans get so fucking butthurt about a guy who is amazing at shooting 3s lmao!!! I don't even like basketball, but it is funny as fuck to see all of you get so worked up when it is a legit way to win.
>>
the solution is to normalize the points you get from making a shot based on how hard the shot is. if every shot has an expected value of 1 for the average shooter at that position, the game would be more about team synergy
>>
>>67996278
yeah that lobcity shit died with the clippers self respect thank god
>>
File: image.png (65 KB, 860x460) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65 KB, 860x460
>>67998203
>implying I'm fat

Lol, butthurt projecting flyover detected. Feel free to stop taking other people's oxygen. Thanks, bye
>>
>>67997074
niggers and social media aka normies
>>
>>67995711

raped
>>
>>67997227
>A Korean understands an American sport better than Americans

You can fuck my bitch anytime mane
>>
>>67995711
>raise hoop to 12 feet

Basketball fixed
>>
>>67997501
yeah that is how they won that game, but the fact is they have livingston who is a fucking pull up midrange jumper machine. even when the rest of the team is throwing bricks they can bring in livingston to hit some VERY reliable jump shots and keep the momentum going

also that fucking dunk he had tonight
>>
Basketball is dead. They need to get rid of the 3 pointer.
>>
>>67998591
but muh dunks
>>
>>67995711
>Basketball
>Nuance

Top kek lmao
>>
>>67997310
>exposing the business
>>
>A bunch of dumb niggers bullrushing up to the basket to place it in is somehow more skillful then accurate shooting and support

Reminder that these fucks are just cucks who are afraid to lose their big strong black men from the game.
>>
Stopped watching basketball long time ago when I noticed that the outside game was getting really big in Europe.
Now, when I look at this sport, I can't understand why I did like it in the first place.
It's a sport where good defensive game is not encouraged at all, all it matters is offense, a game where the refs can blatantly refball a game and no one cares and finally, a game where you can literally just watch the last minutes because they are always not that far behind in score, so most of the game didn't matter anyway.

There is definitely skill involved, it's just mot the type of skill I want to see.
>>
>>67995711
Illegal screens are a strategy
>>
>>67996148
You do if you get fouled and can make an uncontested free throw :^)
>>
>>68001913

I'm down to just watching tennis and baseball now. Two sports that haven't been fucked into oblivion by rule changes.
>>
>>68004620
Don't forget soccer

Though I bet the Jews are scheming to ruin those sports too
>>
>>67997317
Which is why this became a strategy moment 3 pointers were invented.
>>
>>68004839

Sorry not into divegrass, where half the teams are owned by sandniggers.
>>
>>68004839
>>68004908
Soccer is becoming utter shit on European level because of how much money some teams can generate, not because of rules.
Mid table clubs will never be anything more than that because they will never have the power to keep important players to build up on them because they are all eager to go to big clubs.
I hate it to bits. I also think the Bosman law fucked this sport in his roots.

About game rules, I actually agree with the very few rule changes that happened over the years (they were minor tho).
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.