[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What an embarrassment How the fuck do we get rid of him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
What an embarrassment

How the fuck do we get rid of him?
>>
>>67992208
? this is genuinely the best we've looked in years
>>
>>67992208
what happened?
>>
>>67992208

HES STILL HASNT BEEN SACKED? FUCK MAN
>>
>>67992208
talk after the copa america bro
>>
>shit team
>blames the coach
>>
>>67992365
A meme win against Bolivia, by far the worst team in South America and one all of Latin America should not save his job

>>67992419
His general "being shit at being a coach"
>>
>>67992365
>Wins against the Guatemala of South America
>Thinks they're good
>>
File: 1459149182277.png (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459149182277.png
92 KB, 400x400
>>67992208
>le klinsmann is bad meme
>>
>>67992461
He should have been fired beforehand
I couldn't care less about this meme tournament

>>67992475
He lost the "shit players" excuse when picking Orozco and Chandler
>>
>>67992208
He's literally the best thing to happen to US Soccer.

Fuck you.
>>
>>67992497

So you missed all the other 'meme wins?'
>>
>>67992659
He's been literally the worst coach the US has had since they had one who worked part-time as a waiter
Although that guy could legitimately use the "shit team" excuse
>>
>>67992583
>two meme players makes you a contender

lol
>>
>>67992766
Did you miss the loss at Guatemala?
The one at home to Jamaica?
The one a few days later to Panama?
>>
>>67992772
(You)
>>
>>67992506
not what i said at all

>>67992497
>save his job
we did better than expected in brazil, then were disastrous in the gold cup. You could argue that he should've been fired then, but if he wasn't, now isn't really a time he's looked bad. Our line up makes sense now and features more guys in their best position and settled at club level than any time since the WC. And actual guys coming off the bench that can be impactful.
>>
>>67992789
First of all, who said anything about making us a "contender"?
Klinsmann can't even manage his shit players to beat even shittier ones players
>>
>>67992772
odd that the "worst coach" has made the team the most successful the mens program has ever been with some of the weakest teams in history
>>
>>67992772
in what "literal" way?
>>
>Doubting based Klansman
>>
>>67992772
>able to get the US into the knockout stage through a Group of Death
>worst coach

Who the fuck coached the 1998 team? Now, that was a shit coach.
>>
>there are casual bandwagoners that legitimately buy into Manlet Donovan's propaganda
>>
>WHHAAaaa Jurgen can't make this USMNT made up of MLS shit and Eruopean league rejects win the world cup
>>
>>67992894
>we did better than expected in brazil
No
It was the minimum acceptable result
And he only got there because Portugal's meltdown and Ghana's infighting

>but if he wasn't, now isn't really a time he's looked bad
Ignoring the loss to Guatemala or loss of the confederations cup spot or just playing generally shit soccer

>features more guys in their best position
No
Over half of the starting XI against Bolivia wasn't
We were really lucky Bolivia is really shit and Ecuador decided to give up after 60 minutes
>>
File: moyes.jpg (94 KB, 575x838) Image search: [Google]
moyes.jpg
94 KB, 575x838
>>67992208
is Moyes available?
>>
>>67993219
if you think that getting to the group stages and into ET against a team that was much better than us is the minimum acceptable result, then I think you're a retard, and everyone else who isn't a retard is goign to agree with me.

we've always struggled on the road during qualifying against CA countries. This is nothing new.

And that starting 11 isn't going to be our first 11 in the Copa, you fucking dipshit
>>
>underrating Bolivia
>underrating based marcelo moreno
>>
>>67992922
What part of that group other than Germany (which he lost) was hard?
He got it handed to him on a platter
Plus the team is much better

>>67993034
98 had a tougher group considering Yugoslavia didn't disintegrate like Portugal did
Plus the team had the whole Harkes-Wynalda thing
Steve Sampson had better accomplishments like the 3-0 thumping of Argentina IN A MEANINGFUL game
Unlike Klinsmann's meme friendlies

>>67993116
I've moved on from the world cup
He did okay there
He wasn't spectacular enough though to excuse the shitfest since then
>>
>>67993343
If not, what the hell is the point?
It wasn't as if the play of the team was so good it would have made up for an early exit

Never against Guatemala. That's really only been true against Costa Rica

It would go from 6 down to 5. Nearly half
>>
>>67993034

>old Ghana team
>Donaldo
>group of death

Was a meme group
>>
>>67993494
you always post in this format and your opinions are always shit. luckily you are easy to spot and disregard.

Ghana had genuinely good players (not a top tier team by any means, but very capable), and they played exceptionally well against Germany. We beat them. We outplayed portugal who also had a lot of talent, even if you want to claim that it was a given (which is insane).
>>
>>67993644
Ghana had one of the youngest teams in 2014.
>>
>>67993626
>never against guatemala
we drew against them in 2000, 2005, 2007 and 2012

we drew against ES in 2009
we lost against Honduras in 2013, 2010 and 2001

And pulled off a lot of ugly wins down there over the years. Your objectively incorrect in your assertion.
>>
>>67993688
Ghana has no one to blame for their loss against the US other than themselves
If they had beaten Portugal they would have advanced given the US wasn't gonna beat Germany
Their infighting over money sent a few good players home

It was to keep him, or at least should have been. Going into the world cup, the goal was to show progress. Since he didn't deliver on the attack-minded soccer, he needed to at least match the result of his predecessor. I will admit he did. It's not because of the world cup I want him fired. It's the shit afterwards. The failure at the gold cup. Losing to Guatemala. Just playing poorly overall with his meme choices. His world cup performance was not good enough to excuse that
>>
>>67993954
He's a Donovan dick rider, quit respomding to him
>>
>>67994050
you picked a terrible time to bitch because our recent results have been positive and there's actually promising new blood in the lineup
>>
literally created the dos a cero meme
>>
>>67993954
Drawing to Guatemala is different than getting their asses handed to them.
You may not expect a win in Guatemala but playing that poorly against them is unacceptable

And the losses to Honduras happened to Klinsmann and another came in a January Camp where Jimmy Conrad got sent off
And Guatemala is a lot fucking worse than Honduras
>>
>>67993262

God damn he was an ugly mother fucker
>>
>>67994194
You can't possibly think beating Bolivia at home means anything
It won't cover up the failures of up to the Guatemala loss
>>
>>67994352
I agree we looked bad and that's unacceptable. But, like I said, this isn't a new phenomenon. I didn't point out some fluke, I listed close to 10 instances.
>>
>>67994340
No
>>
>>67994450
yes
>>
>>67994407
I don't take much out of the result, but we are going into a tournament with players actually playing well and it would appear that he has an idea of which 11 are our strongest. And that may allow pulisic and nagbe to come off the bench, which is exciting on its own. finally put bradley back at the 6, wood appears to be panning out, Cameron and Brooks are the most accomplished CB tandem at the club level that we've had in years.
>>
>>67993262
He looks like a corpse
>>
>>67994427
How many of them came in official games?
I believe only 5 of them
And Klinsmann was coach for 2
The Guatemala draw was bad when it happened
Losing to them, especially in the pathetic way they did, is much, much different
>>
>>67994757
it's always been known that its tough to get points on the road against CA teams in wcq. I don't know why you are trying to argue this point. if you want to say we just looked unacceptably shitty in that one game, go ahead, I don't disagree. Don't try to pretend its unprecedented.
>>
>>67994527
That came from 2002
Just how new are you?

>>67994587
I don't agree with most of what you said but it doesn't matter
It still doesn't undo the damage from last year or March or how badly the youth teams have played
>>
>>67995106
bradley didn't go back to the 6 and immediately look more at home than he did shoehorned into a more creative role?
wood didn't have the best season of his career?
we have had 2 CBs starting regularly in England and Germany in recent years?
>>
>>67994949
Losing to Guatemala is through
I was one of the many bad things that's happened with him in charge

If they had lost but I could chalk it up as a fluke after losing twice to Mexico (but respectably) while doing half-decent roster management it would be a different story

But it's not
>>
>>67995259
Why are you still trying to argue this point?
I don't fucking care about your opinion of how the team looks
They aren't gonna win the Copa América or make the semis
It's more of a question of if they can escape the group?
I doubt they can but either way he's done too much damage for a quarterfinal appearance to make up for
>>
>>67995305
again, you're making a thread about shit that happened months ago. their recent contests have done zero to strengthen your point, and we have a new set of data points coming up that will probably dictate his continued participation with the team.
>>
>>67995504
you said you disagreed with what I said, which is silly because that stuff is impossible to argue. It invalidates the rest of your bullshit opinion because you are just bitching.

By the way, my opinion is shared by plenty of observers.
>>
>>67995552
Just how new are you to /sp/ and US Soccer?

>>67995682
I also literally said that those viewpoints were useless in the argument in hand
>>
>>67993343
When the man of the match Is Tim Howard, then you know somethings not right. Like when mexico faced brazil In that 0-0 tie and 8a got the motm, mexico got lucky whether they would like to admit It or not.
>>
>>67996211
i'm not new to either, and there's no reason you should suspect otherwise.

the point is, you said those viewpoints don't matter and tried to seem smarter than you are by saying you disagree with them anyway. But how could you even disagree with them? You're just trying to be a whiny, difficult gaylord senpai, and its obvious.
>>
>>67996418
I really don't want to fall for you red herring but it looks like I have to answer this to move on from it

It's not so much I disagree with the statements themselves as just how relevant they are

>but we are going into a tournament with players actually playing well and it would appear that he has an idea of which 11 are our strongest
This isn't true for most of the team or even the starters.
Zardes continues to struggle as a winger
Dempsey struggles as a a target forward
Jones can't play at this level anymore
Yet Klinsmann turns a blind eye to this

>bradley didn't go back to the 6 and immediately look more at home than he did shoehorned into a more creative role?
This is true but the rest of the midfield can't be trusted
Bedoya looked good against Bolivia but that is the only time he's every had a good impact on a US game
He's pretty shit most times
Jones didn't look good either game
Beckerman is getting too old
And Kitchen plays the position Bradley is good at
Plus Klinsmann could Bradley back up to a #10
He did the exact thing last year

>Wood didn't have the best season of his career?
Second German Division
How relevant is that here?
Plus he's kinda out of position on the wing which make three misfits at forward

>We have had 2 CBs starting regularly in England and Germany in recent years?
Cameron has been a very serviceable CB
But Brooks has been terrible for his entire NT career.
It doesn't really matter how good they are for their club. It's only the national team performance I care about

All of this, good or bad, won't matter since 1. this is a meme tournament, 2. he won't win or get close, and 3. doesn't cover up the failures from before
>>
>>67992365
Not true, we were better under Bradley.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.