[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there is no corruption in US sports or do they just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (9 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
9 KB, 300x228
Do you think there is no corruption in US sports or do they just know how not to get caught?
>>
??

There is corruption and they have been caught, many times over the years.

They will be caught again, many times over the coming years.
>>
>big business catching themselves
>>
>>67987172
that type of corruption is usually isolated to an individual level, and compared to other sports like soccer where an entire organization is corrupt, it seems pretty small.
>>
>>67987205
That's because they know how to compartmentalize and eject any portion that does end up getting caught. Like it was pretty obvious the Patriots were cheating by tampering with equipment, but they had it done in such a way, only the actual people who handled the gear were punished. Meanwhile Brady gets to say 'I DIDN DU NOTHIN' and Belicheat gets off scott free even though there is no way in hell he wasn't aware of it.

Soccer is just corrupt through and through. It blows my mind that no one tries to clean it up outside of the US, and they only did it because some desert shithole bribed the World Cup from them.

Although they serious need an actual timer and stoppage of time since extra time is just subjective bullshit.
>>
>>67987205
the individual who gets caught might be working under orders of others who don't get caught.

NBA officiating, for example. There have been many suspicious cases, but the ones who get caught are always said to be "acting alone or with gamblers".
>>
>>67987264
The funny thing about Deflategate was that the analysts and investigators were looking at Brady's passing numbers before and after. That was irrelevant. Deflategate was about preventing fumbles, and they never touched on that.
>>
>>67987321
Because when they did, they showed the Patriots had the lowest Fumble rate, even lower than teams that play in domes where weather can't be a factor.
>>
I hope there will be another Black Sox esque scandal

Imagine players throwing the super bowl
>>
>>67987354
yup. and it's like scuffing a baseball ... you are only looking for a tiny edge, but ANY edge is big at the highest levels of sport.

FIFA is beyond corrupt. there is no defending any of it.
>>
>>67987110
You mean like the NHL arranging to have John Scott traded so that he couldn't go to the All Star Game?
>>
>>67987110
If you get caught, issues a press release, fire one or two people, go back to business as usual.

This isn't new.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.