[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>nba haters in the mid 2000's Wahhh no one can hit jump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1458143354452.jpg (16 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
1458143354452.jpg
16 KB, 319x319
>nba haters in the mid 2000's
Wahhh no one can hit jump shots, whatever happened to the mid range jumper?

>nba haters in 2016
Wahhhh they only hit threes, everyone is shooting too much

Literally make up your mind.
>>
It has nothing to do with the year, and everything to do with the age of the observer.

People tend to believe that everything is perfect when they are most interested in something for the first time. Therefore, any changed would, by definition, make it less perfect.

That's why old baseball players hated Babe Ruth and the lively ball era.

There will always be "old ballplayers" who dislike change, and there will always be change. So don't worry about it.

Also music sucks now and was great in the '90s
>>
Basketball in the 80's and 90's. Those were the good ole days.
>>
>>67969941

>Wahhh no one can hit jump shots, whatever happened to the mid range jumper?

no one was saying this
>>
>>67970077
Looking back, the NBA in the 90's had to be boring and unexciting as hell. You knew going into literally every year that the Bulls would win the championship. Why bother?

It's sort of like the current state of college football. We all already know that Bama will be this year's champion. Sort of takes the fun out of it.
>>
>>67969941

Yes, you now realize everyone complaining about this is 16 years old or younger.
>>
Eat my dick, this is america and I will bitch about whatever the fuck I want to
>>
>>67970138
except when they lose to Ohio State and everyone loses their damn minds
>>
>>67970083
Actually, those complaints were pretty common after the US got rekt on their own ground in the 2002 world cup.
But as nobody gives a single fuck about the world cup amongst your average US basketball fan, it went completely under the radar as all the coaches, experts and other various ex-players who expressed concerns were not heard.

The real kick in the ass for the US fans was the 2004 Olympics.
>>
>>67971337
Still remember the newspaper the next day

>BRONZE
Fuck Iverson and forced memetalent.
>>
>>67970083

there are people that have suggested to make the hope higher just so players would have to shoot more and dunk less
>>
>>67969941
more like
>2000
>WAHHH IT'S JUST TALL GUYS POSTING UP AND ISOLATION BALL. THERE'S NO TEAM OFFENSE

>2016
>THERE'S NO GREAT ISO OR POST PLAYERS ANYMORE. IT'S JUST GUYS PASSING AND SHOOTING JUMPERS
>>
>>67969941
Mid 2000s was people complaining it was just dunks and 3s, hence the "hey where's the mid range jumper gone?".

2016 is people complaining it is just 3s. The situation is clearing deteriorating as players and coaches realize 3>2 and turn the league into pop-a-shot.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.