[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions for Canadians of /sp/ Does the Raptors fanbase encompass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: Canada.png (7 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Canada.png
7 KB, 360x240
Questions for Canadians of /sp/

Does the Raptors fanbase encompass all of Canada or just Toronto? For example, if you lived in Saskatoon, Halifax, Edmonton, or Montreal would you find Raptors fans there or only in Toronto?
>>
>>67834728
WE GOT THE WHOLE COUNTRY BEHIND US
>>
Raptors are probably the most popular team country wide but its not the "wethenorth"/canada's team that the raptors make it out to be, there are a lot of fans of other teams, especially the further away from Toronto you get.

Same deal with the jays.
>>
>>67834728
Anyone that likes Basketball usually has ab article of Raptors clothing.

But that also goes with Baseball and the Jays.

People only follow MLB or NBA when the teams are winning or recently have done well. Other than that its really just forgotten
>>
A
>>
>>67834728

here in winnipeg, most basketball fans are raptors fans. Aside from some meme team bandwagoners, if you follow a team its most likely the raptors. Same goes for baseball and the blue jays.
>>
its the only basketball team till vancouver gets one so yeah
>>
>>67834781
This exactly

I live in British Columbia and I hate the raptors, but all my friends love them. I feel like they're more Toronto's team than Canada's team.
My dad is from Boston so I've always been a Celtics fan
>>
>>67834781
>>67834785
>>67834842
>>67834868
you guys don't hate each other's cities like we do here, and want them to fail miserably at everything sports related?
>>
>>67834901
No its probably even worse here, considering this country is basically the world's biggest small town.

And Toronto is easily the most hated of all.
>>
>>67834901
Canadians hate each other's cities even more than Americans do.

In /hoc/ most cities will actively root against whatever Canadian teams are left standing in the playoffs because we don't want them to have the cup, even though it would mean bringing it back to Canada.
>>
>>67834901
In Hockey, Canadians hate other Canadian teams more than anyone else

Everyone hates Vancouver even the people who live there
Calgary hates Edmonton and Vice versa
Winnipeg is irrelevant
Everyone hates Toronto except people who live there
Ottawa is hated by Toronto fans
Montreal is hated by everyone except Frogs.
>>
Toronto Canada makes the rest of Canada look bad. Every time i hear the name i think of hipster faggots like the ones you find here in Los Angeles. How the fuck do you Canadians outside of Toronto allow this?
>>
>>67834781
>>67834785
>>67834842
>>67834868
>>67834882
>>67834934
>>67834979
>>67834995

I WANT ALL CANADIANS TO LEAVE /SP/

PLEASE LEAVE!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! NO ONE WANTS YOU FAGGOTS ON HERE!!!!!!
>>
>>67835260
Thank$ for the reply :)
>>
>>67834901
My buddy hates the Leafs with an unmatched anger but cheers for the raptors

So it's about the teams, not the city
>>
>>67834901
everybody hates toronto outside of toronto lol. but if you like basketball or baseball the raptors and jays are the only canadian teams so you naturally root for them.
>>
>>67835370
Its more so that Sportsnet and TSN forcefeed them down your throat so if you want to watch those sports you have to follow those teams.
>>
>>67835222
Its just Toronto, kind of like how Seattle makes the entire US look bad. Alberta is comfy as fuck.
>>
fuck the raptors, lakers 4life glad I got to see kobe play before he retired even though he played like shit against the mavs and nuggets. Dirk was fucking sick.
>>
>>67835848
Kind of surprised someone like the Lakers never tried to lure Dirk to their team. Seems like a waste to be playing for Dallas all these years.
>>
Raptors hype is fake. You guys aren't watching NHL playoffs because you didn't even fucking make it. lmaoooo
>>
File: Just-Became-Raptors-Fan-Sign.jpg (145 KB, 495x497) Image search: [Google]
Just-Became-Raptors-Fan-Sign.jpg
145 KB, 495x497
>>67834728
It's composed of casuals like Drake
>>
>>67834882
Patrician franchise 2bh
>>
Vancouver used to be sonics country (and a short span with the grizz) but they've been gone long enough now that you see a lot of raptors fans here now.
>>
I live in alberta I saw grade schoolers wearing raptors jersey.

The one black kid had a heat jersey on.

Fuck niggers
>>
>>67834979
+1

Vancouver is the only city that really care about soccer.
If you are a baseball fan, you probably support the Jays, with the usual minority support from random teams.

Anybody basketball fan has a piece of raptors/grizzlies gear, but when the raptors suck, it's usually whoever is good/entertaining at the time.
>>
Raptors have an advantage in that the 2 sports channels in Canada each own 37.5% of the team. They also own the same proportion of the Leafs and they suck right now. But imagine if Disney owned a team, how much coverage ESPN would give them.

Canadian media is Torontocentric.

Basketball is played and followed by non whites. Media loves to report on how diverse the Raptors fan base is. Even 5' asians in Vancouver love basketball and play and watch a bunch.

NBA fans don't have loyalty, no matter where they live. The Bulls fans, became Lakers fans, became Heat fans are now Golden State fans. This current support isn't much.

If the Jays or Leafs were good, they would get more coverage than the Raptors. If the Leafs and Raptors were in the finals at the same time, it wouldn't even be close how much bigger the Leafs are.

Basketball still isn't very popular in Canada. It's mostly non whites who cant afford the time and money of hockey. There's no historical team for people to follow.
>>
Picture this: a giant, veiny penis representing Toronto, and a nasty, bottom of the barrel whore deliriously trying to suck any inch of the aforementioned massive penis hanging above it's gnarly broken dick sucking lips representing everyone outside the GTA. This is Canada.

Literally the only relevant Canadian city and that is a fact.
>>
>>67835444
Pretty much this. Back when the Expos were around I hated the Jays.

But now the Jays are the only baseball games that are on tv most of the time.
>>
>67835545
Literally nobody in Canada thinks that
>>
Nobody cares about the Raptors outside Torontoistan.
>>
>>67836462
Nigga what
>>
>>67834728
Most Canadians view the Toronto teams the way in which you would view an L.A or NYC team.

Example: Maple Leafs = Knicks due to consistent failure
>>
>>67834728
raptors fans like think that they are "canada's team" but the truth is most canadians dont give a fuck about basketball. same with baseball. torontonians are just cucks who want to be american
>>
>you now remember a time when cucknucks and amerifats were pretty cool to each other on spee
Still love you guys
>>
No one in Canada actually like basketball
>>
>>67834728
When the nets moved and traded for the Celtics team, every fuccboi on the street was wearing Brooklyn hats. You even see these fags wearing Vancouver grizzly hats.
>>
Apehoop is a shit sport, so glad I don't live in shitronto
>>
File: 1428855345022.jpg (111 KB, 415x599) Image search: [Google]
1428855345022.jpg
111 KB, 415x599
>rooting for anything team in toronto

ISHYGDDT
>>
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>67834728
Is there any city, province or region of Canada, where soccer is more popular than hockey?
>>
>>67843041
In case your being serious, no and that will never change.
>>
>>67843147
because I believe that in Canada may be a city or somewhere where soccer is more beloved than hockey
>>
>>67834995
Kebec hates Montreal
>>
>Canadians implying they don't all root for Montreal or whatever Canadian team is left in the playoffs
>>
>>67843196
There is no where in canada soccer is more popular, it is growing a fanbase here but hockey is ingrained into our culture and we have the best youth system and professional players on the planet so its never not going to be number 1 sport here.
>>
>>67843259
ohh we

I hate hockey

Should there be a place in Canada where soccer is more popular than hockey?
>>
Nobody cares besides ethnics and wiggers.
>>
>>67843147
>>67843259
don't bother responding to him. This retard has posted threads asking the same thing about the US. He's too retarded to believe the FACT that there are no places in the US or Canada where soccer is the most popular sport.
>>
>>67843324
that's just bizarre, why is he doing that?
>>
>>67843041
Vancouver is probably were it's most popular in Canada. The Whitecaps have a relatively large following, you get Whitecaps playing cards with a fill up of gas at Esso, my dad regularly goes to games, ect. That being said, the Canucks ate still vastly more popular.
>>
>>67834728
What about WE THE NORTH don't you understand f am
>>
>>67834728
Ottawa here

Mavericks fan because Nowitzki is German and I was becoming a fan of the NBA when he entered the league
>>
>>67843364
because he's a retard who can't grasp english or understand that there are places on earth where soccer is comparatively irrelevant to other sports
>>
>>67843629
Also Steve Nash being on the team at the time helped
>>
>>67839810
It's /pol/s fault man. Fucking cancer
>>
White guy from Calgary and Ive watched every single raptors game the last 3 seasons.
>>
>>67834728
I'm not a Raps or refball fan, just watching this for entertainment and see how far they make it.
>>
>>67834979
>Canadian teams in the NHL playoffs
Heh
>>
>lepass
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.