[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gibraltar and Kosovo accepted to FIFA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: GibKos.jpg (64 KB, 929x493) Image search: [Google]
GibKos.jpg
64 KB, 929x493
Following on from their acceptance to UEFA, they can now play in World Cups too.

FIFA are apparently offering players with Kosovan ties like Januzaj and Shaqiri the chance to change their national teams, which is basically unheard of.
>>
JUST
>>
Aren't Jersey due to be accepted soon too? Adam Lallana would be eligible for them.
>>
good for those countries, but this just means world cup qualifying in europe needs to be adjusted. there are too many minnows now there has to be pre-qualifying like in asia
>>
>>67557272
when new football federations are accepted into FIFA, players are allowed to change their nationality

it happened, for example, when Serbia and Montenegro splitted up
>>
>>67557345
FUCK
>>
>FIFA are apparently offering players with Kosovan ties like Januzaj and Shaqiri the chance to change their national teams

wow really? that's fucking amazing, sucks for Switzerland I guess, half of their NT are Kosovars
>>
>>67557653
i guess the players that are already in and around the squad of a team with a good FIFA ranking they won't be bothered to change
>>
File: 1405033678321.jpg (43 KB, 380x438) Image search: [Google]
1405033678321.jpg
43 KB, 380x438
Falkland Islands vs Argentina WHEN?
>>
some "norwegian" kid on manchester city, bersant celina, has accepted to play for kosovo.

smart, since they have a much higher chance of qualifying for tournaments than norway.
>>
>>67557653
why would they want to play for Kosovo? Much more of a chance to win something with Switzerland
>>
>>67557272

Sweet, meme teams.
>>
>Two more teams for England to get false hope from beating in qualifying

I'm ok with this.
>>
oh great, three more spots for UEFA next WC
>>
>>67557722
Januzaj is still uncapped.
>>
>>67557722
>why would they want to play for Kosovo? Much more of a chance to win something with Switzerland

The irony is that you're probably one of those people who complain about bandwagon fans.
>>
>>67557722
They are the kind of folk to have a lot of ethnic pride

Switzerland aren't contenders for anything anyway so it's not like they're going to be missing much
>>
>>67557470
OFFICIAL LIST of how to fix UEFA World Cup Qualifications by decrease of competitors

IBERIA: Portugal, Spain & Andorra
BRITANNIA: England, Ireland, Ireland 2, Wales, Scotland, & Faroe
GALIA: France, Belgim, Switzerland & Luxemburg
GERMANIA: Deutschland, Austria, Netherlands & Liechtenstain
RUSSIA NOVAYA: Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia & Kazakhstan
SCANDINAVIA: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark & Iceland
CZECHOSLOVAKIA: Czech rep, Slovakia & Hungary,
YUGOSLAVIA: Slovenia, Hrvatska, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo & Macedonia.
ITALICA: Italia, Malta, San Marino & Vatican city,
KYIV RUS: Ukraine, Roumania, Moldova & Belarus
POLAND: Poland & Israel
BYZANTIUM: Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Armenia & Azerbaiyan

A perfect 12 teams' league of european nations. First 6 qualify to WC

Im not an history nor ethnic expert so do all the corrections you see
>>
>>67557801
>yfw the pope knocks italy out after jesus gets fouled in the box
>>
>>67557779
hey, I didn't say I like it, I'm just saying what I think will happen
>>
>>67557801
>POLAND: Poland & Israel
Just Poland, send Israel to AFC

Iberia and Germania would mainly destroy everyone.
>>
>>67557272
SERBIA AND SPAIN ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: 1450122627812.jpg (34 KB, 370x360) Image search: [Google]
1450122627812.jpg
34 KB, 370x360
>>67557722
>Much more of a chance to win something with Switzerland

wow, thats a lot of chances
>>
reddit soccer chimps out whenever you point out kosovo is not a country
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4j7rzp/kosovo_has_been_admitted_into_fifa_as_its_210th/
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.