[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for NON UK people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 26
What EPL/English team do you support and why?

>liverpool
>because of the emotions when they sing You'll never walk alone
>>
Barcelona, because I like their style of play!!!

Just kidding, fuck off back to facebook, you cunt.
>>
kill yourself nemanja
>>
>>67548587

>because of the emotions when they sing You'll never walk alone

it's shit and mega cringeworthy, the dumb scouse fucks always rush it and do it wrong as well
>>
>>67548587

I'm British but I like Liverpool (they're not my team but I like them)

I don't really get why everyone hates on them, the fact of the matter is that all the top teams have odious, entitled, godawful, cunt fans.

>oh they're always going on about muh history

I don't care.

I really hope they win the Europa League. And I hope they win the league someday soon, they've had some great players over the last decade but never quite made it, so I feel like they deserve it.
>>
>>67548647
You sound like a faggot
>>
LESTER
>>
File: stevie g.jpg (378 KB, 838x1123) Image search: [Google]
stevie g.jpg
378 KB, 838x1123
Liverpool
Because I loved watching Stevie G dominate other European teams since the mid 2000's. Sadly he never won the League despite reaching the 2nd place 3 or 4 times.

Also because the city has a "working class" vibe which I'm part of desu
>>
>>67548635
This is pretty much English autists on /sp/: The post. How many matches have you gone to this year?
>>
>>67548587

Tottenham

I saw their fans in this video a week after I started watching soccer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpJBR_rQJk

I'm a Cubs fan, so I admire this sort of thing.
>>
>>67548635

I know what you're talking about (the "walk on, walk on" part is rushed), but you can't expect a crowd of normal people to sing as well as professional singers.
>>
>>67548587
None, EPL is too plastic for me
>>
I dont really support them, but my favorite team from the epl is Man U. That CR7 era was great.
>>
>>67548587
>Reddit: The post
Fuck you, support your local team

>>67548711
Aston Villa also do this chant, why don't you support them?
>>
>>67548587
Stoke
no idea why, just happened
>>
>>67548587
Swansea

Yuropoors are obsessed with supporting the closest team to you and that would be Swansea
>>
Arsenal because I rate Henry
>>
File: fedora.gif (89 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fedora.gif
89 KB, 480x270
>>67549870

>I only support a local team that I watch in person a few times a year

fuck off with this meme. sometimes sportS fans want to watch more than soccer and unless you live in a big city it is very unlikely that your local city has more than a couple of sports teams. I don't understand why people get so bootyblasted by outside fans. Sports hipsters.
>>
>>67550150
I go to every game, what's your excuse for bandwagoning fatty?
>>
>>67548587
It's hilarious how foreigners still buy into the whole the Liverpool mawkishness.

Everyone in this country is sick and tired of the sanctimonious cunts. We know it's cringeworthy bullshit.
>>
>>67548676
You're a faggot

>>67548695
They probably are the most working-class out of all the big clubs, yes
>>
>>67550150
>He is not a season ticket holder

>sometimes sportS fans want to watch more than soccer
Then watch it faggot, you can watch football without being a fan of any team on the field
>>
File: tip.jpg (24 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
24 KB, 333x333
>>67550150
>soccer
>i don't support my local team
>i bandwagon big teams like a plastic cunt and expect people to respect me

Just get the fuck out of this thread.
>>
>>67548587
Liverpool.

Started watching english football as a child as a neutral, but Anfield and the reds gave me goosebumps many times so i started to root for them for years now
>ABL is a mental illness btw
>>
>>67548587
>liverpool
>because dalglish
>>
I can't just pick a team and support them. It just doesn't feel right. There's no personal connection.

That said, being neutral has its many perks. I'll watch anything that comes on - although, I love watching the PL and La Liga especially. I watch more soccer than my friends that have arbitrarily adopted clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and United. It's funny to watch their pathetic attempts at replicating the rivalry and their fabricated hatred for other clubs. It's so stupid.

I love being a free agent and able to slurp it all up. Truly the master race American divegrass fan
>>
>>67556101
More respect for this guy than any other JF in the thread.

To be honest it's foreigner's money that skewed everything in favour of the big clubs so in general you can all get fucked.
>>
>>67548695
>the city has a "working class" vibe

>scousers
>working
>>
>>67550150
>sometimes sportS fans want to watch more than soccer
Not round here m8. Fucking casuals.
>>
Liverpool. They were the first team I saw as a kid when they did an American tour game in Pittsburgh.

>tfw when I found out years later that it was Chelsea v AC Milan that played and I've been supporting the wrong team for over 12 years
>>
>>67556325
>To be honest it's foreigner's money that skewed everything in favour of the big clubs so in general you can all get fucked

Money wouldn't have come if people weren't buying into it.

Blame the fans?
Blame the networks?
Blame our inherent drive to win at all costs?
>>
>>67556101
This man.

Dont know why more people dont have this attitude. I hate pretty much every team in the epl and cl and still watch happily
>>
>liverpool
>uncles liked liverpool and dad liked everton
fuck off dad you blue cunt
>>
>>67548587
Liverpool
The rowdy crowd at Anfield makes me forget how pointless football is.
>>
ive been a leicaster fan since '09
>>
File: lovrenpool.jpg (55 KB, 738x415) Image search: [Google]
lovrenpool.jpg
55 KB, 738x415
>>67556511
>wrong team
>>
>>67548587
>liverpool
>they are the good guys of the premier league
>>
>>67556101
THIS.

I just try to follow as many leagues as I can. A lot more enjoyable than having a fake connection to some team thousands of miles away
>>
>>67556795
I meant wrong as in it wasn't one of the teams that I watched play. It's been a happy accident though.
>>
File: JS74100479.jpg (60 KB, 615x762) Image search: [Google]
JS74100479.jpg
60 KB, 615x762
>>67557046
>>
>>67548587
Leicester because I am an ABC, ABL, ABU, ABMC, ABA, ABS and because of memes
>>
>>67556530
>>67556530
>Money wouldn't have come if people weren't buying into it.
Exactly. If you all fucked off we would have more parity again.
>>
File: NOljNyp.jpg (69 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
NOljNyp.jpg
69 KB, 600x602
>/sp/ actually having love for liverpool

is it opposites day? i love you guys anyway
>>
>>67557145
That ship has sailed, bro.
>>
>>67548587

I started supporting liverpool in the early nineties because I was going through a Beatles period. so, yeah...
>>
Liverpool

Because when I first played Fifa, my friend already chose Man U, Liverpool were a highly rated team, they wore red, and I had heard of Liverpool because of the Beatles.

That's about as deep as I went with my decision.
>>
File: 1338645464251.jpg (30 KB, 476x594) Image search: [Google]
1338645464251.jpg
30 KB, 476x594
>>67556400
don't worry anon, you made me laugh
>>
City, because Oasis
>>
I don't support any team besides my own but I like Liverpool.

Proud history, biggest english club, always entertaining, great stadium atmosphere, team with heart and grit, less plastic than any club in the EPL, and they have Qtinho (I like him a lot since he's a product of my club).
>>
Southampton

Scrappy underdogs who aren't scouser cunts buying top 5 finishes with oil money
>>
>>67558197
neither scouse clubs have oil money
neither scouse clubs finished in the top 5
>>
>>67558197
>scouser cunts buying top 5 finishes with oil money

Everton and Liverpool don't have oil money, and neither of them are in the top 5.
>>
>>67548587
>Supporting a team from a country I don't live in
I don't fucking understand why people give such meaning to sports and then allow this shit
>>
>>67550150
>not getting it
>>
So do all you football supporting Americans have MLS or other U.S teams you support as well as watching the premier league?
>>
I always root for the underdog. No matter what sport or league.
>>
Arsenal

I love there free flowing football like Barcelona FC.
>>
Everton and I have no idea why
>>
>>67559997
No, MLS is shit and most American soccer fans don't care about it. I have American teams in other sports though.
>>
>>67561775
>watching sports for the quality

fuck off
>>
File: SWFC_pre-1970.png (133 KB, 274x400) Image search: [Google]
SWFC_pre-1970.png
133 KB, 274x400
Sheffield Wednesday

I picked them in FIFA 11 for Career mode simply because I liked the badge and I thought the name was very unique, but I ended up falling in love with the club IRL, especially during the time of their second promotion to the Championship in 2011-12. I learned how they used to be one of the bigger teams, and about their strong fanbase, and I simply want them to be back in the PL where they belong. Hopefully, they'll be back for next season, and I'll certainly watch all of their matches. Maybe they could even pull a Leicester if they return, who knows. They've also got a Thai owner after all.
>>
>>67562728
alright mr. /lifelong/

wednesday get a slight sniff of the premier league's fart and you're already putting your work in just in case they become lestah 2.0
>>
liverpool
becuase ive always liked their players specially gerrard, i like them more than my local club and have supported them for many years. even if they dont win a lot of titles these days i always try to keep up to them
>>
>>67548587
Liverpool.
Several reasons no one cares about.
>>
File: LFC.jpg (254 KB, 1282x1504) Image search: [Google]
LFC.jpg
254 KB, 1282x1504
>>67548587

>Living in Miami with no local team to support
>Originally from Uruguay
>Grandfather said he played for Liverpool when he was younger
>Idiot 5 year-old me assumed he meant LFC of England
>MFW he meant LFC of Uruguay (pic related)
>MFW Ive supported the wrong Liverpool for 17 years

On the bright side, I witnessed both Istanbul, Stevie's FA Cup miracle, and Dortmund; plus I went to their home opener v Bournemouth this year. Its been a great ride
>>
>>67550394
They probably are the most working-class out of all the big clubs, yes
>Working-class
>Scousers
>Working
Pick one
>>
File: sh.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sh.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>this bindipper lovein
you people make me sick
>>
>>67563957
And not the most only credible reason
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 474x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 474x378
Liverpool. My first memory of them was scoring against them in the Europa semi final. That conditioned me to failure and made every success sweeter.
>>
>>67564515
*forlan scoring
>>
>>67563551
If you're implying that I'm bandwaggoning, don't you think that it would me more realistic to bandwaggon for Hull, who just got relegated from the PL and could potentially yo-yo back? I've genuinely been following Wednesday for 5 years now, and things looked bleak for the club during the first couple of seasons after they came back to the Championship.

Of course I would absolutely love it if they could do something similar, but more realistically, I hope that they finish mid-table if they do get promoted. Actually, right now I just wish the promotion thing happens. I don't want to see Hull failing at the top again, or Derby being a disgrace just like the last time they were in the top. Wednesday has been a top team for most of their history, and I want them to get back to that status.
>>
>>67548587
I don't "support" any of them

As an American it's just weird to identity with an English team

I just like watching good matches.

Unfortunately most EPL games are early in the morning and I can't catch them
>>
>be 6 years old
>on trip to visit family in Mexico
>grandpa owns a shop, nice house.
>cable tv
>whenever he wasn't attending to the shop, he'd watch footy matches
>watch with him cause too hot outside
>watches matches from whatever leagues he can
>he owned this nice red shirt all the time.
>would get really excited when the team with the red shirts played.
>"Manchester united have done it again!" Commentator said.
>grandpa is glad and says we should go get ice cream.
>watch every united game we can while there.

Been trying to watch every game I can since I came back from that trip. Never had the chance to watch another game with him after I came back.

Pretty sure he'd be disheartened as fuck given the current state of UTD.
>>
Chelsea because I like the color blue. Not even lying. I picked them about 5 years ago. Was cool watching them comeback to give >Lester
the cup.
>>
Manchester City

Because Claudio Reyna was on their roster when I started watching soccer.
>>
The Hammers, because I'm violent white trash
>>
Chelsea because I like Diego Costa and i wanted to "support" a team that i could watch in the champions league.
>b-but you should support your local team
My nearest team is 200km away and isn't even in my state, liking them would also be arbitrary so might aswell go for entertainment value.
>>
>>67550234
>>67550234
>I go to every game

But of course you understand that means nothing at all. Nothing. Heh heh.

You need to get familiar with the term "spurious relationship".
It describes things between you and "your" team.
>>
>>67565580
Tells beautiful story about spending time with his grandfather...turns into some shit commentary on the team.

quitwhileyoureaheadm80.png
>>
Tottenham because they had Dempsey and Arsenal fans are annoying as fuck.
>>
>>67548587
Arsenal.

Because they're the default first team you can pick out in FIFA.
>>
>>67548711
More like you are a filthy jew
>>
>>67559997
Yes, San Jose Earthquakes. Loved when they played at Santa Clara University, I could walk to matches from my house in 5 minutes.
>>
>>67565807
kys falseflagging spic
>>
>>67548587
>newcastle
>like the passionate fan base and plus I like the beer
>>
File: 6prozs.png (119 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
6prozs.png
119 KB, 320x320
>>67563747
>>67557819

Pretty much this.

You can call me plastic all you want but I've been following LFC since 09 when I started watching soccer and I watch almost every game. Based Kyut and Maxi Rodriguez were my favorite players.
>>
>>67565969
>spic
You wish, Dontae
>>
>>67566085
Nah I am thankfully neither a nig/spic/chink/sandnig or any non-white combo.
>>
I used to live in Manchester so I'm a Man U fan. RIP Coco
>>
>>67548587
Liverpool, because the first CL final I saw was 2005 at Istanbul.
>>
Liverpool because when I was a kid both our best players Litmanen and Hyypiä were playiing for them.
>>
>all these foreign liverpool supporters
You literally have no idea what the club and the fans are like. Supporting Liverpool is a mental illness. If you disagree you need to be hospitalised.
>>
>>67566348
lmao from a foreigners perspective all english football fans are the same scum. stop acting like you're any better because you're not.
>>
>>67566393
At least you being ignorant explains why you support Liverpool. Truly knowing the club and still supporting them is actually worrying
>>
File: Luis-Suarez-1.jpg (98 KB, 700x436) Image search: [Google]
Luis-Suarez-1.jpg
98 KB, 700x436
>>67566439

I can't tell you I know what the club stands for, or what kind of shady shit they might do. Except the whole buying neighborhoods around the stadium and evacuating residents and shit.

But what I can tell you is they seem to keep acquiring players I really enjoy to watch

>Maxi
>Kurt
>TORRES
>Reina
>Slippy G
>Agger
>Mascherano
>Suarez
>Coutinho
>Moreno
>Can
>Firmino
>Origi
>>
File: kuyt_1515023a.jpg (60 KB, 532x650) Image search: [Google]
kuyt_1515023a.jpg
60 KB, 532x650
>>67566673

Kuyt*
>>
>>67548587
arsenal because, idk really, it's been so long i forgot why i liked them
>>
File: FPM.jpg (64 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
FPM.jpg
64 KB, 690x388
>>67548587

Arsenal. Because all memeing aside, they're actually my local club and I'm a lifelong fan.
>>
File: Zero Passion.png (978 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Zero Passion.png
978 KB, 1366x768
Liverpool. I had a friend from there in prep school and he made supporting the club look quite fun. All the scarfs and old kits and stuff.

And /sp/ has this absurd hatred for them. When I was growing up, United were the most hated because of they had the most fans in every class. Even the teachers supported them. I still have no idea why the ABLism is so concentrated here.
>>
>>67556511

This post made me laugh hard, lmao.
>>
manchester
because i played as a goalkeeper when i was a kid and based barthez was my idol
>>
File: forestfeels2.jpg (164 KB, 641x600) Image search: [Google]
forestfeels2.jpg
164 KB, 641x600
I'm from Brazil but I've supported Nottingham Forest for as long as I remember

in b4 huehuehuheuehuehue gib money pls
>>
>>67566793
>moving from sunny brazil to move to nottingham

poor life decisions m8
>>
None, i dont watch povertyball.
>>
File: soccer.png (179 KB, 521x495) Image search: [Google]
soccer.png
179 KB, 521x495
I support whichever team won recently. The team logos look kick ass on adidas tops. Soccer is pretty fucking gay tho t.b.h. lads.
>>
>>67548587
The big English clubs all strike me as extremely unlikeable, be it because of their fans or something else. I guess I'm rooting for Liverpool a little bit since they have Klopp now.

Aside from that I root for the underdogs, especially Newcastle.
>>
>>67548587
Spurs

My grandfather played for them.
>>
>>67548587
Middlesbrough because they had some ausfags playing for them way back when
>>
Manchester United.

It started out when I was a kid, and they had three Norwegians in their first team: Berg, Johnsen and Solskjær. I didn't have a clue about history and them being totally dominant at the time, so not really on the bandwagon. Then, as I payed more attention, I liked their other big profiles. Wathing their games was fun. Winning all the time didn't hurt. Then it was a habit, and I was locked into the team forever.

It hurts nowadays.
>>
Wolverhampton, because I like their name
>>
Wigan. I forgot why though and its nothing too serious
>>
MUH HERITAGE
>>
>>67548587
Forest and Pompey. Both due to student exchanges in high school.
>>
File: beta southerners.png (26 KB, 1321x288) Image search: [Google]
beta southerners.png
26 KB, 1321x288
>>67566760
>I still have no idea why the ABLism is so concentrated here.

It's only really became so bad the past year or so here, /sp/ has become a self parody really. Every thread is just repeating the same 1-2 jokes about each team over and over and over.

Sperges need to direct their impotent rage somewhere, and Liverpool became an easy target. None of them would actually have the balls to say any of it in real life, so I find myself feeling pity for them rather than anger
>>
Manchester United

Started getting into football seriously around the 2002 World Cup because Korean parents and at that time United had the Class of 92 still going strong and it was all Arsenal or Manchester United in the Australian media, playground etc. and I guess I chose United on the basis of first impressions, they were entertaining to watch and I just gravitated more towards them as a club than Arsenal. United were also the team I played as most in FIFA 03 and some of my favourite players like Park Ji-Sung, Carlos Tevez, Cristiano Ronaldo and Dimitar Berbatov (even irrespective of their United careers) have played for them. Imo that mid-late 2000's United team were incredibly unlucky to have been formed around the same time as Barcelona's GOAT squad, they played some incredibly entertaining, slick stuff.
>>
>>67548587
manu because my older brother taught me to when I was like 7
>>
>>67569284

>It's only really became so bad the past year or so here

How little you know.
>>
Spurs. Co-worker got me following them.
>>
English fotball has been huge here since forever.
Both of my parents are huge liverpool suporters so i did not really have any choice.
Was taken to my first game when i was 12 and i cant even imagine supporting another club.
>>
>>67548587

Lifelong, m8.
>>
File: anfield.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
anfield.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>
>>67548587
why would I support an eplel team when we have the best league in the world?
>>
File: 1449240796978.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449240796978.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
>>
>>67569284
>It's only really became so bad the past year or so here
Nah. It was always bad, and it reached a peak in 13/14 partly because of the rampant Irish shitposting. Whether that was people falseflagging or not is another discussion.

It's just strange to me when I compare /sp/ with people IRL.
>>
File: 1460137691624.jpg (144 KB, 1160x785) Image search: [Google]
1460137691624.jpg
144 KB, 1160x785
>>
File: 1462560479876.jpg (57 KB, 927x194) Image search: [Google]
1462560479876.jpg
57 KB, 927x194
>>
Spuds because my dad is from London and we always woke up early to watch the games on the weekend when I was a kid.
>>
I have been a prolific supporter of ABLP, been working great for me, the slip, suarez going to a club that is actually worth him, Flopp, all great stuff
>>
File: ogrizovic.jpg (9 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
ogrizovic.jpg
9 KB, 194x260
>>67548587
Coventry City because of Steve Ogrizovic
>>
>>67557819
I need to go back to America on holiday again, was pretty funny that everyone said OH THE BEATLES when I said I'm from Liverpool
>>
Leeds united. Because i played with them back in fifa 01. Been rough. I follow liverpool a bit though cas they play most of there games here on cbs early in the AM to enjoy my breakfeast.
>>
Chelsea, city and arsenal
>>
>>67569707
same as this man

except my mum doesn't care about football :^)

my dad started bandwagoning Liverpool in the 70s when news about english football eventually started reaching Norway as well as TV coverage and it just built from there
>>
>>67548587
Liverpool. It was around 2002 when I got into divegrass and they were the first team I saw that used to be GOAT but no longer are.

>>67566793
Hello Scolari.
>>
Aston Villa.

I forget why, I was 10 years old.
>>
>>67548635
I've never been to a football match: The post
>>
>>67556400
>Believeing Thatcher and red tops
>>
>>67575404
I'm so sorry
>>
I rolled a d20 and got Norwich city ... they were then regulated ... I now have no team
>>
>>67548587
Tottenham bc muh dad who isn't from London either
I still don't know
>>
>>67576697
No you have Norwich never give up the dream wear the Canary
>>
>>67570630
The 1968-87 crest was perfect, why did they ruin it?
>>
More like you will never walk with a girl LOLOL
>>
Tottenham

I started watching soccer in 2012 and they signed Clint Dempsey.
>>
I don't support any European club but I want these with the most argies to win

In this case would be Manchester City
>>
>>67576927
>you will never be betrayed and backstabbed by some whore
Feels good.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.