[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russian Insider Says State-Run Doping Fueled Olympic Gold D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1461419295726.png (31 KB, 720x644) Image search: [Google]
1461419295726.png
31 KB, 720x644
Russian Insider Says State-Run Doping Fueled Olympic Gold

Dozens of Russian athletes at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, including at least 15 medal winners, were part of a state-run doping program, meticulously planned for years to ensure dominance at the Games, according to the director of the country’s antidoping laboratory at the time.

The director, Grigory Rodchenkov, who ran the laboratory that handled testing for thousands of Olympians, said he developed a three-drug cocktail of banned substances that he mixed with liquor and provided to dozens of Russian athletes, helping to facilitate one of the most elaborate — and successful — doping ploys in sports history.

It involved some of Russia’s biggest stars of the Games, including 14 members of its cross-country ski team and two veteran bobsledders who won two golds.

In a dark-of-night operation, Russian antidoping experts and members of the intelligence service surreptitiously replaced urine samples tainted by performance-enhancing drugs with clean urine collected months earlier, somehow breaking into the supposedly tamper-proof bottles that are the standard at international competitions, Dr. Rodchenkov said. For hours each night, they worked in a shadow laboratory lit by a single lamp, passing bottles of urine through a hand-size hole in the wall, to be ready for testing the next day, he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

Should we ban Russia from every competition ?
>>
>>67546313
I think they deserve a medal for putting so much effort into cheating. And it's not like they cheated in events that people care about
>>
Even with all the cheating they still suck.
>>
>>67546449
>I think they deserve a medal for putting so much effort into cheating.
Unlike the US.
>>
every Olympian that is a household name dopes kiddo
>>
>>67546727
If we pulled off a cheating operation that elaborate, i'd want the organization responsible to be recognized for it too. Sadly, American international sports cheating seems to be limited to "idiot took easily traceable drugs and got caught".
>>
File: 1448208909264.gif (25 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1448208909264.gif
25 KB, 500x450
I still haven't really recovered from that hockey final.
>>
I wonder if he'll have a "heart attack" like that Russian Olympic boss did a couple of months ago.
>>
File: russia evidence2.png (8 KB, 331x331) Image search: [Google]
russia evidence2.png
8 KB, 331x331
clearly there is very little to substantiate these claims
>>
>>67546313
if these people really cared that much to win then they should keep the medals, is not like the other guys didn't use enhancing substances anyway
>>
>>67546313
Where is the evidence?
>>
File: GettyImages-514195056.0.jpg (147 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-514195056.0.jpg
147 KB, 1310x873
>>
>>67550945
They beat Norwegian cross country skiers. That's evidence enough.
>>
If Russia lose their gold medal and the number twos get them, are we the winners of the olympics then?
>>
>>67551538
yes
>>
File: dumb frogposter.jpg (155 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
dumb frogposter.jpg
155 KB, 500x492
>>67546313
>>
>Back in Russia, two of Dr. Rodchenkov’s close colleagues died unexpectedly in February, within weeks of each other; both were former antidoping officials, one who resigned soon after Dr. Rodchenkov fled the country.

Russians sure are fond of assassinating their own, aren't they?
>>
>get BTFO
>"t-they were cheater cheater pumpkin eaters"

Fucking embarassing, I thought we'd be better than this. Who the fuck even cares about the Summer olympics anyways
>>
>>67546313
Also, reminder that Nikita Kamaïev, former executive director of the Russian antidoping agency who was writing a book with David Walsh (a journalist known for his work on doping scandals), suddelny died from a heart attack on the 14th of February.

11 days before that, Viatcheslav Sinev, the boss of the same agency, suddenly died too.

Certainly a complete and unfortunate coincidence.
>>
>>67555370
Because Russians don't have a doping tradition dating back to the Soviet time amirite?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.