[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What they SHOULD do: >Boot WVU >Add Colorado State, BYU,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: Big_12.jpg (57 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
Big_12.jpg
57 KB, 639x360
What they SHOULD do:
>Boot WVU
>Add Colorado State, BYU, Memphis

What they WILL do:
>>
>>67542495

add cinci, memphis, and ucf
>>
Add Cincy and BYU or Colorado State

Fuck memepiss
>>
WVU is better team than all of these
>>
>>67542574
>>67542623
>>67543023
>No geographical sense whatsoever
What are we, the Big Ten?
>>
>>67543184

you wished. then you wouldnt be falling apart
>>
>>67543379
>grabbing up teams for no other reason than their media markets
Colorado State, BYU, Memphis.
>>
>>67542574
I want the UCF meme to die
>>
>>67544358
This. Too far away, geographically, and South Florida has been around longer.
>>
>Add Houston, SMU, and Memphis.
>Boot West virginia
>Trade back Iowa State for Nebraska to the Big 10
>>
>>67544508
would be perfection senpai
>>
>>67544508
At this point I"ll bet the Big 10 would probably just give Nebraska away.
>>
>>67544508
>>67544524
>>67544526
Legit. Iowa State is as much garbage as WVU, but they have seniority. If UT is just booting all the shit to remake a decent conference, there's no one left to take.
>>
WVU here. I don't mind the Big 12, but I still wish the Big East never fell apart.
>>
>What they should do

Let this bloated carcass of a conference die already.

>What they will do

Desperately pump as much money and as many second-rate programs into it as they need to in order to keep it going another 5-10 years.
>>
>>67544526
Nebraska is the third best brand in the Big Ten. Why would they want them to leave?
>>
>>67544508
>>67544526
>Nebraska going back to the Big 12
Literally in your fucking dreams. They'll go to the Pac 12 or Independent before going back to the Texas dick sucking conference.
>>
>>67544586
West Virginia should join the Big 10. Ditch the Big East 2.0
>>
>>67544653
They'd fit better in the ACC
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 984x878) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 984x878
>>67544358
>>67544475
>UCF is the second largest school in nation
>in Florida, one of the most talented states for football, the Big 12 would legitimize UCF, giving more financial power, TV time and appeal to recruits
>in a major city in Florida with no professional football team (unlike South Florida)
>Won the 2014 Fiesta Bowl over Big 12 champions Baylor
>UCF ranks second among public university football programs in academics (graduation rates)
>UCF has been playing football since 1979, USF since 1997, UCF entered division 1 in 1996
>UCF has a 48,000 seat on campus football stadium compared to USF's rented Raymond James Stadium
>UCF is finished rebranding and signed new Nike Contracts with custom unis that will fit under Scott Frost's new Oregon style offense (pic related)
>Big 12 can have footprints in Florida and begin a pipeline of FL talent that the SEC and ACC has dominated for decades

Such a meme, Cincinnati is a good candidate, BYU is great. But Memphis or Colorado State? Please.
>>
>>67543023
WVU was a good pick up, only candidate right now that's better would be BYU. Big 12 doesn't give a fuck about geography if it can make bank

It's all about money in the end
>>
>>67544586
I wish the SEC would have loved us. Don't get me wrong, the Big 12 has been cool, and I like a lot of the teams, but the culture and travel distances just suck.
>>
>>67549302
WVU here.

I wish when Ollie Luck went to Mike Silve on bended knee to beg the SEC to take us, that the SEC would have said yes.

WVU is a better fit for the SEC than MIzzou, would have natural rivalries in Kentucky and Tennessee, and would represent well in the SEC.

Unfortunately, the SEC said "not now" and WVU went to the Big 12, where cross country flights for a womens badminton game became a thing.
>>
>>67548224
BYU is a natural fit for the Big 12.
But they have a huge ego. huge.
Could they co-exist with Texas and Oklahoma egos?
>>
I wonder if Will Grier will work out for WVU. Gator fan here I liked watching them fuck up UGA and OU in BCS games.
>>
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/behind-the-hype-oklahoma-president-calms-down-big-12-expansion-talk/

not sure if he's trying to cool down the reports to get people to stop snooping
>>
>>67544508
You win. Best suggestion in thread. Missing one critical piece...how to get those stupid UT fuckers to give up their longhorn network which sucks dick. The only way to do that is for OU and OSU to threaten to leave the big 12 if they dont. Big 12 would crumble if both oklahoma teams left.
>>
>>67548113
desu senpai a away game in Orlando isn't so shabby
>>
>>67560388
I went to a WVU - UCF game a while ago at the Citrus Bowl.

UCF got their own stadium now, right? why didn't they just stay at the Citrus Bowl?
>>
>>67560812

its considered better for an expansion candidate to have their own stadium thats on campus then to just rent one out.
>>
West virginia should be in the acc for travel times

backyard brawl reunite!
>>
>>67560812
Citrus Bowl was too big and it's like 25 mins from UCF's main campus
>>
Why isn't UConn in the ACC yet?
>>
>>67544508
I wouldn't mind having Iowa state in the Big 10 as long as they get rid of Rutgers in the process
>>
>>67556123
Keep in mind: Oklahoma almost left for the Pac-12 a decade ago. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/5/9/11640960/oklahoma-pac-big-12-expansion-president

Since then, they've become the proverbial gang-leader. Also, can we point out how stupid it is that they don't have a championship game?
>>
>>67544564
Iowa State is a huge boost for basketball, though. And I never understood the idea of breaking up the state schools. I understand FSU staying in the ACC because it's pretty much a guaranteed new years bowl game.
>>
>>67544651
Nebraska is a fish out of water in the Big 10.
>>
>>67548113
Forewarned about Scott Frost. His 3rd down play-calling is notoriously bad.
>>
>>67544651
>are Hucker fans STILL mad about the refs making the right call in the 2009 Big 12 Championship?
>>
>>67542495
>What they SHOULD do:
Bribe Texas into giving up LHN somehow, get a Big 12 network set up, bring in BYU and Cincinnati.
>What they WILL do:
Fight among themselves, do nothing because they can't reach an agreement, act shocked when Oklahoma and/or Texas leave in three years.
>>
>>67565530
>Nebraska is a fish out of water in the Big 10.
Not really, they're literally Wisconsin-lite.

>are Hucker fans STILL mad about the refs making the right call in the 2009 Big 12 Championship?
Ehh not anymore. Getting our asses kicked over and over on the big stage under Pelini helped us forget.
But it wasn't just that, it was the whole Texas Longhorn Network and not getting a fair share of the revenue from tv contracts, etc.
In the end, it was all about the money, and Nebraska has been making more from the B1G during their first few restricted years than they would have ever made in the Big 12. Next year will be the first year they will get the full share of revenue. and thanks to these giant new contracts with Fox and possibly NBC, it could easily surpass $40 million.
>>
File: we power conference now.jpg (66 KB, 594x380) Image search: [Google]
we power conference now.jpg
66 KB, 594x380
HURR STATE POWERC ONFERNCE NOW
>>
>>67565567
see
>>67566114
>>
U
>>
Texas will tell them to STFU since no team will be a net gain. OU will threaten to go to the PAC or the SEC. Those conference won't take them w/o Tejas.

OU will roll over like the bitch they are, and things will go as they have.
>>
>>67566114

I mean even in the most unlikely scenario where Nebraska gets kicked out of the B1G they would just head over to the PAC to hang out with Colorado instead of dealing with Texas and the LHN. Oklahoma can come too.
>>
>>67576757
The only team that's going to get kicked out of the big 10 is Pedo State.

The ACC will pick them up a week later and then try EVERYTHING to get the Irish to go to 16.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.