[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most complex sport? Keep the memes out of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: JonesOnTwoPlaySpeedStill2.jpg (208 KB, 1120x626) Image search: [Google]
JonesOnTwoPlaySpeedStill2.jpg
208 KB, 1120x626
What's the most complex sport? Keep the memes out of this discussion. Let's break down which are the most sophisticated.
>>
>>67529536
Baseball
>>
Is complexity a goal
>>
Chess and snooker

inb4 not sports
>>
>>67529536
Baseball's rules are so absurdly complex that the umpires literally need to carry a book with them. Part of why the game is so fucking slow imo, they could streamline it and make it much more watchable if it wasn't for >muh tradition
>>
>>67529536
It is my understanding that the answer is Cricket.
>>
Tennis
>>
>>67529777
P L E A S E
>>
>>67529776
>umpires literally need to carry a book with them. Part of why the game is so fucking slow imo

That's not why the game is slow at all.
>>
>>67529766
They're not sports though, especially chess. So why did you post them?
>>
At the highest level id say all sports are around the same level but would have to say golf as a non meme answer, so much to take into account and playing different courses in all types of weather would be incredibly difficult and complex
>>
>>67529776
umpires literally don't carry the rule book with them. incompetent little league umpires maybe.
>>
I say tennis then golf. Both have various climates and types of venues however in golf you are being aggressive or conservative vs. the course, not vs. an opponent and it involves a great deal more talent.

Team sports I would say hockey then football and soccer. Coaching and in-game adjustments make huge differences whereas baseball and basketball revolve more around talent and being hot at the right time.
>>
>>67529766
what the fuck kind of memer are you, how are those sports complex in the least
>>
>>67529848
Plus having to get your swing technique and form down.
>>
>>67529830
They are both sports, the IOC considers them sports

So why did you bother making this post?
>>
>>67529766
>Modern classical Chess
>being anything more than 30 predetermined moves of opening theory resulting in a draw
it's literally just memorization now. rapid chess is the only form of chess that gets interesting
>>
>>67540272
You literally have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>67540288
No, he's right.

Chess is a novelty game to impress people who don't play chess
>>
>>67533307
Coaching and In game adjustments mean a the most in hockey. But I'd argue they make a big factor for baseball too, but you can only slowly shuffle the line up as opposed to just putting everything into a blender.

Football only really sees in game adjustments to the play calling and defense, but not the players themselves unless one particularly shits the bed.

Soccer is probably the least strategic of the games. But that's the size of the field's fault.
>>
>>67540311
You still don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>67540288
Okay, it's plenty complicated, but vastly boring at this point. I have no interest in watching Carlsen, Caruana, or Anand figure out a draw with black so they can get white for the next game.
>>
>>67529776

The thing is, most sports have complex rules, refs/umps just use the same ones over and over again.

I do agree with baseball having the most complex rules, but it's because the core of the sport is very flawed.

Execution wise, probably Golf.
Team wise, football (handegg) or hockey.
Management wise, baseball.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.