[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck the DH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1080
Mets pitchers are 6-13 in their at bats with 3 home runs and two doubles. The whole team knows how to hit, therefore the whole team is better than any AL team that has to rely on a DH because they need the crutch of a non-fielding hitter to bolster their lineups.

Why can't you lazy AL faggots just get gud?
>>
>>67521553
I don't know why AL fags act like pitchers literally can't hit. They're baseball players, they've played their whole lives. They obviously aren't near as good, but they can make contact pretty often and make things happen
>>
I fucking hate the mest or the gnats but at least they play baseball right.

Utley did nothing wrong and the new rule is worse than the Posey rule
>>
>>67521553
finally someone starts speaking the truth. AL fags get BTFO
>>
How do they only have 13 at-bats?
>>
>>67521937

I'll clarify. On the year mets pitching has driven in 7 runs, hit 3 dingers and two doubles in the course of the season. I heard Gary Cohen, the mets announcer, say something about them being 6-13 and don't remember what the time span of that was. Point is the pitchers aren't just an "automatic out" like the muh DH apologists are. Everyone should field and everyone should hit, isn't that how it should work?
>>
>>67522178
because time spent on pitching would be used on batting. look at Madbum. he sacrificed his ERA to hit a few meme dingers off Kershaw
>>
The day they add the DH to the NL is the day I stop watching baseball. AL is babby arcade league
>>
FUCK
>>
THE
>>
METS
>>
DH
>>67523343
delete this
>>
NL is better. EVen as a Jays fan I think it makes for better baseball because it stirs the game up.
>>
As a new fan of baseball I don't like the DH, I think it takes away a fun added tactical element of the game. It's sad that intentional walks and sacrifice bunts are becoming less common. It's these weird old traditional plays that make the sport interesting and strange to outsiders. Also if a pitcher deliberately throws at a batter he should have to go out so they can deliberately throw at him.

The nightwatchman is an example of this sort of thing in cricket. Old, weird and only arguably effective but makes the game more fun.
>>
I agree with EVERYTHING posted above in this thread.
>>
>no defensive shifts
>no intentional walks
>dh for the nl

this is ESPN trying to make baseball "better"
>>
Now lets talk about how half the NL is trying to lose on purpose.
>>
>>67525261
>intentional walks and sacrifice bunts are becoming less common
you're stupid, fuck off
>>
For me, the winner of the NLCS is the MLB champion. Fuck the AL, the NL is the only league that matters.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.