[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only 332,000 PPV buys on Cinco de Mayo weekend. Sounds like Mr.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: sadcanelo.jpg (188 KB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
sadcanelo.jpg
188 KB, 640x362
Only 332,000 PPV buys on Cinco de Mayo weekend. Sounds like Mr. A-side just dropped the ball.
>>
File: croz.jpg (20 KB, 225x257) Image search: [Google]
croz.jpg
20 KB, 225x257
>b-b-but Boxing is bigger than MMA!!!!
>>
>>67520139
can be if it's a fight people actually want to see.

Nobody wants to see that red-headed step child fight smaller opponents anymore. This pretty much proves that.

Also that it was Miguel Cotto that drove the 900,000 ppv buys in their match together.
>>
>>67520139
Boxing is only bigger than MMA when it's a super fight that happens once every five or so years. Otherwise, why watch a combat sport that is so limited?
>>
get ready for all the boxingfag damage control
>>
File: glasskhan.jpg (25 KB, 144x400) Image search: [Google]
glasskhan.jpg
25 KB, 144x400
He also failed to sell out the arena. They were giving tickets away.

It was just a shitty fight card to make. Everyone knows who they really want to see him fight, and it wasn't some glass-chinned Paki from the UK.
>>
Keep in mind, over a million people tuned in to watch GGG knock out a relatively unknown boxer earlier this month on HBO.

Kind of says a lot.
>>
>>67520872
>this month

Meant last month. Also, that's 1.35 million to be exact. If he drew that much fighting some unknown kid. Fighting Canela should do insane sales. PPV is a dying platform, but I'd expect at least 800k buys if it were to happen.
>>
>>67520014
too bad the actual number is just under 600k
http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/5/12/11661798/golden-boy-canelo-khan-did-just-under-600000-buys-on-ppv/in/11338939
>>
>>67520014
mexicans don't pay for shit, they all just streamed it
>>
>>67524061
There are questions as to the accuracy of both reports. HBO usually brags about their numbers but the fact that they didn't is troubling.

Golden Boy says 600,000, and other insiders say closer to 300,000. Of course Golden Boy would want to inflate those numbers, and the insiders have no vested interest, so there's that.

Chances are the real numbers lie somewhere inbetween, but let's be honest it was Cinco de Mayo weekend, it should have done at least 500k without any promotion what so ever.
>>
>>67524850
Cinco de mayo weekend means nothing. The buy rate even if it was 332k is perfectly inline with what canelo gets vs a weak B side. Canelos past fights that were not big names like mayweather or cotto sold 275k-350k ppv buys. khan is not a star. No one asked for this fight. it was seen as a mismatch. 300k-500k is exactly what this fight was supposed to generate.
>>
>>67520139

It is in any measure apart from words written on the internet
>>
>>67524070

No, we get it >for free over here in TV
>>
I'm sad to see where boxing is headed. I really wish it gets monopolized like the UFC and has many changes to the professional aspect of the sport.

I genuinely thought it would sell more. Even my UFCfriends initiated a fightparty and I couldn't even go because of my lame job.
>>
boxing is now unironically now more popular in the UK a country a fraction of the size of the US and it isn't even top three most popular sport over here
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.