[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's analyze his career and demonstrate why he's a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
Let's analyze his career and demonstrate why he's a fraud:
>1999: shortened season, Lakers-pre PJ with a young, immature Kobe and 8 seeded NY
>2000-2002: PJ coaches the Lakers, all is right with the world
>2003: Shaq-Kobe feud, injuried Shaq, beat young and unproven Mavericks, beat joke east team
>2004: even with the Kobe rape scandal, bad vibes in the roster and Gary Payton playing like shit, Lakers beat the Spurs comfortably.
>2005: Shaq goes to the Heat, D'Antoni Suns couldn't play a lick of defense, almost lost to an inferior Detroit team
>2006: Can't win against the Mavs, proving something of a constant in Pop: he can't outcoach opposing teams when in equal terms.
>2007: NBA rigging the championship for them in the Phoenix Suns series, shit east team again.
>2008-2010: Lakers are good again, enough said. Is there a man more cucked by the Lakers than Pop?
>2011: getting BTFO by 8th-seeded Grizzlies. This should be an unforgiving stain in Pop's career, yet his dick-riders conveniently forget about it
>2012: gets BTFO against iso-homa thunder, proving he can't outcoach a team with the most rudimentary offense ever
>2013: easy pathaway to the finals with OKC injuried and >le I take Duncan out in the dying minutes of the final deciding game man
>2014: OKC injuried again, almost lost to them, beats the Heat thanks to the AC and thanks to Wade and Bosh being utterly terrible.
>2015: lost in the 1st round to a Clippers team which then proceeded to demonstrate how terrible they were by imploding to Houston
>2016: in the cusp of being "upset" by the first healthy OKC team in ages (with the same rudimentary offense as usual), while having home court advantage

O V E R R A T E D
>>
>>67503922
FUCK the Spurs, and pop. Spurs fans are absolute cancer
>>
File: btofgnmfsm.jpg (322 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
btofgnmfsm.jpg
322 KB, 625x417
>>67503922
not your blog m8
>>
Are you serious? You know how many teams would kill just to have won ONE championship in that timeframe? Yet San Antonio won 5.

If that doesn't speak volumes about the teams talent and coaching, I don't know what can.
>>
File: faggot.png (64 KB, 404x342) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
64 KB, 404x342
insulting Pop makes you automatically a retard.
>>
>>67503922
Coaches can only do so much when players choke. Kawhi and Aldrige should've stepped up these past two games instead of relying on a bunch of 30 year olds. Next game they need to slow the fuck down, play their usual tight D and just earn their points on the free throw line.
>>
File: pop.jpg (27 KB, 451x292) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
27 KB, 451x292
Wonder what the Spurs will be like next season when possibly 3 of their oldest players retire. Russ completely exposing them of their lack of athleticism, besides Kawhi.
>>
File: rayray.jpg (117 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
rayray.jpg
117 KB, 600x800
>>67504245
>yfw it was literally seconds away from being 6
>>
>>67503922
>5 championships
>50+ wins every year since '99
>3x coach of the year
>69% win record overall
>bad
>>
>>67503922
>2004
>Lakers beat Spurs comfortable
It took a miracle Fisher shot to prevent the Spurs from repeating

>2014
>OKC injured
bullshit, Ibaka had a minor injury that didn't affect the series in the least. everyone has minor dings at that point in the season
>>
File: image:14355.png (48 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image:14355.png
48 KB, 300x250
While OP is biased as shit, i do feel pop is a bit overrated. His 2003 championship is the most impressive to me because asides from duncan that team was pretty much scrubs. Also i actually agree that people do conveniently forget about them losing to the Grizzlies. That being said i feel like pops greatest asset is his ability to adapt as a coach. Most coaches stick to their tried and true methods, sometimes their styles work , and sometimes they dont. Where as the spurs went from being a solid defense but mostly a slow tempo team, to becoming one of the more up tempo offensive teams in the league, while maintaining their solid defense. Also they are one of the most consistent franchises in sports. That being said, Spurs success shouldn't be attributed wholly to Pop, as Buford and the scouts deserve credit too for finding guys like Kawhi and Parker and Ginobli late in the draft. Also last but not least, the >Cloppers as gay as they are arent a bad team when theyre healthy. Last year there bench was shit though so their starters were gassed as fuck after beating the spurs in 7.
>>
>>67504704
Also the spurs system consistently turns players from scrubs into superstars. Liketake Kawhi, he went from being an athletic wing who was a decent rebounder, who had the peak of like MKG, to being second in MVP voting. And he literally could not shoot at all and now hes top 5 in 3pt %. The spurs system conversely, also routinely finds roles for shitty players, and is able to utilise them. Take Matt Bonner, a man who would probably be useless on any other team, but was a solid part of the rotation around 2013 (i also feel like parker would be shit on any other team too but thats just my opinion and not fact)
>>
Second biggest ringbabby behind Bill Russell.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.