[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Everton Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: TheTrueBlues.jpg (56 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
TheTrueBlues.jpg
56 KB, 620x372
I will build an army for the most proud English club. An army of yanks. This is the thread that this club needs and deserves.

Topics to discuss:
>Martinez Out
>Lukaku Stay
>Barkley Stay
>Sell Stones
>Sell Niasse

Who will be our next manager?
>>
first for liverpool
>>
>Niasse joined English club Everton on 1st February 2016, for a fee of around £13.5m on a four-and-a-half year deal. Chairman Bill Kenwright also said he would include a car in the deal. Niasse responsed 'Lad ill have anything as long as it's got a AUX lead' [11][12] He made his first appearance for the club against Bournemouth on 20 February 2016, coming on as an 80th-minute substitute for Romelu Lukaku. He completed the final 10 minutes wearing Duncan Ferguson's boots 3 sizes too big.
>>
>>67493314
>eternally playing second fiddle to the joke that is Liverpool
Have fun languishing in mid-table obscurity you cunts
>>
File: everton cucks.png (2 MB, 746x1175) Image search: [Google]
everton cucks.png
2 MB, 746x1175
>Everton
>Pride

They lost that when they invited Man Utd fans to the brick before they faced Liverpool, and put on a buffet for them.

It backfired as United lost, then United eventually cucked them out of the FA cup, kek
>>
>>67493314
>Barkley Stay
>Sell Stones
Stones can still fulfil his potential under a decent manager, but don't you realise how shit Barkley is? It should be him who you want to sell.
>>
>>67493560
I feel Barkley is heavily underrated, while Stones is overrated. I agree under a good manager Stones could realize his potential, but I fear Barkley will become another Rooney if he leaves. We can build a team around him.
>>
>>67493522
It wasnt always like this. I blame the chairman for his acceptance of mediocrity. We could easily be top 4 like in the past.
>>
>>67493885
>We could easily be top 4 like in the past.

Lol. Everton finished 4th one time, with a crazy low points total of 61. And that was in 2005, pre-city, and when Liverpool were fighting to win the CL so gave up on the league
>>
File: 1457215593633.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1457215593633.gif
182 KB, 226x224
>>67493942
>A club's sucesses don't count before the Barclay's Premier League
>>
>>67493660
Building your team around Barkley is a terrible idea.
>>
>>67493885
>We could easily be top 4
You see I want to like Everton just by virtue of the fact that you're not Liverpool but then the majority of Everton fans actually believe stupid shit like this. You're not making it easy for me
>>
>>67494053
The relevance of "top 4" only became a thing in the Premier League, so I assumed you mean in recent times.

Either way, Everton couldn't "easily" be top 4.

>Small incomes compared to the top 6 teams
>Shitty small stadium that's falling apart
>Shit manager
>Uneven squad quality, Lukaku will probably leave in the summer

The only way Everton would get top 4 is if they somehow find the next GOAT manager, and the owner decides to spend crazy money on transfers AND a new stadium.

It sure as hell isn't "easy"
>>
>>67494155
Easily was an exaggeration on my part, but the potential is there. We have some money now.

A new stadium and a DECENT manager should be our priority, followed by trying to maintain our current players. Start working on our youth more. Sell this fucker Niasse, play Dowell, Connolly, Galloway and Pennington more and give them experience.

Be realistic and aim for upper midtable, and focus on winning the fa cup and working our way into the top 4-5.
>>
>>67494268
And what about the other clubs that are in similar positions to you. You think you'll be able to jump Southampton, West Ham, etc? I'm not saying that any of those will become big, top four clubs, but what makes you think Everton are so special?
>>
>Lukaku stay
not bloody likely, Yank
>>
>>67494402
Just a team I'm passionate about lad.
>>67494428
Obviously, but a boy can dream
>>
>>67494457
>Just a team I'm passionate about lad.
So everything is you're saying is just based on delusion and false hope rather than what you actually believe is possible?
>>
>>67494268
Perhaps, I guess it all depends how serious the new owner is. We'll know more this summer.

Throwing £300m+ at a new stadium is a big weight around a football club's neck for years. See: Arsenal, and perhaps soon Spurs. Moshiri isn't rich enough that he's gonna just pay such a huge sum himself and forget about it.

Liverpool are gonna bid for the Commonwealth games which could technically net Everton a free stadium, but that wouldn't be until 2026, and it'd take a 2-3 years to redevelop to a football stadium.

A lot of it is luck based really, I don't know who Everton get as next manager. it's a huge decision.

Everton also need a total restructure

>New GK
>New LB as Baines is getting old/injury prone
>New CB or 2, Jagielka is 33 now. But Mori looks good
>New CM 1-2, Barry is old and the rest are meh
>New striker for when Lukaku goes

There's a LOT of work there, and i'm not convinced Everton have the set up to get it right
>>
>>67494457
I get you pal. Just irritates me when certain fans seem to think their club is somehow entitled success just because of past glories or some other meaningless factor. Like success is some fucking god given right
>>
>>67494492
No, the only part Im hopeful about is beating our other small team competitors to a top 4 spot, teams like West Ham and Southampton. I fully believe the potential is there in our club, the only issue is we need to constantly improve each season, not decline or stagnate for it to be possible.
>>67494536
I do agree that we have a lot of work to do. Martinez wasting our money doesnt make the next managers job any easier either. Some youth are shaping up to be promising, (Dowell and Galloway mainly) but not in the midfield or gk position, so thats where we should focus this summer. Mori is really promising, he just needs to not act like an ass like in the >4-0
>>
I just want martinez out and butland in at the bare minimum
>>
>>67494816
As things stand, I wouldn't get too hopeful. West Ham and Southampton look far more up for a top four spot than Everton. Even with a new manager, Lukaku has literally carried your team this season. How are you going to cope without the man who makes your team?
>>
>>67494879
Why would Butland move to Everton? Stoke are the more promising team at the moment.
>>
>>67495129
Exactly this
>>
>>67495017
We have great potential in our youth. Galloway was fantastic this season (when he played, although hes currently missing) Deulofeu has proven to be a fantastic transfer to Everton, and I think with the right manager he can bloom further. If Barkley and Stones stay, we can actually build them into good players. We have Shani Tarashaj who could turn out good, we already know Niasse is shit.
>>67494879
As nice as it would be, I don't see Butland leaving.
>>
File: qtinho.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
qtinho.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>ameribangwagoner
>picking Neverton

aww how cute
>>
File: neverton.jpg (54 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
neverton.jpg
54 KB, 700x525
Brenny, las'

Make it so
>>
>>67495453
Thanks lad
>>
>>67495368
All of this is true, but the same could be said of any number of mid table club. For every Deulofeu there's a Payet, Tadić or Sigurðsson. To be blunt, besides Lukaku, I really don't think Everton have anything over any other mid table club
>>
File: baines.jpg (249 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
baines.jpg
249 KB, 716x768
BAINES?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.