[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>May be you can then say a few words about Carl Froch? &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: BthRHKQIUAEJ2SI.png (340 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
BthRHKQIUAEJ2SI.png
340 KB, 600x337
>May be you can then say a few words about Carl Froch?

>I do not know what to say about him. This is a man whose wife makes the decisions for him. That's all

http://www.boxingscene.com/gennady-golovkin-extensive-interview-on-canelo-much-more--104427
>>
>>67487567
Why is he so based?
Also what was with all the Mexicans in the fight thread actually believing Canela when she said she wanted to fight Golovkin right there and then, he always says that and then ducks like a bitch
Hopefully they strip that faggot in the next month
>>
>oh shit i must continue crushing cans but need to make my meme magic thunderstorm swirl larger

>i shall attempt banter

heh. no. fuck off. never watching you fight until you fight someone legit, manlet
>>
yeah but have you seen froch's wife doe
>>
>>67489312
he may be a manlet, but he's king of manlets at least (5'10-5'11)
>>
>>67489453
i know he's not small i just wanted to insult him
>>
File: 1462333910752.jpg (220 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1462333910752.jpg
220 KB, 420x420
>>67489486

>5'10"
>not small

Englet delusion
>>
>>67489577
tell that to his face, bro ;^)
>>
>>67489486
Yeah, hate to break it to you guys, the manlet cutoff is like 5'9. average is 5'10-6ft. Women consider everything over that "tall." Golovkin is average height. What he said about Froch was kind of fucked up, though. Funny, but fucked up. I hope Froch comes back and wants to make a match of it.
>>
>>67489108
What he claims he wants clearly doesn't matter. He has to discuss everything with his team. It's funny, but at least Froch just has his wife to contend with. Imagine having Golden Boy begging you to draw things out, and insisting that you need every single advantage you can get in order to fight Golovkin.It's kind of sad when you know they don't have that kind of faith in you.
>>
>>67493497
has canelo fought a powerful puncher yet?
>>
>>67493743
Kirkland technically counts, but Kirkland is a junior middleweight and they were fighting at a 155 catch weight. So while Kirkland can punch, he was the smaller man in the ring. Canelo had a significant weight advantage on fight night.
>>
>>67493743
Also, it's not that Golovkin just has power. He's incredibly well-rounded. Has an amatuer record of 345-5. (That's 345 wins), and while he's undefeated professionally against mostly less-than-stellar competition, he has fought a few good names and looked unstoppable each time. So yeah, it's kind of hard to deny that he's on another level. The only reason he isn't fighting names is because they've been avoiding him. Trust me, Canelo would have too if it weren't for fans clamoring and the WBC backing him into a corner with the belt's mandatory obligation. I'm half expecting him to drop the belt, and they put match off till May 2017, but we'll see.
>>
le 80,000 at wembley man would get destroyed by GGG 2bh.
>>
>knockout refugees back in Germany
>fight literal who's in the US, don't sell shit
>already 34
>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I get to choose who I fight and how
Triple M is a bitch nigga.
>>
>>67494062
>>67493497
>Lineal middleweight champion
>Doesn't fight middleweights
Do you think he'll sign or will they just let lose the belt for not fighting the mandatory challenger?
I always imagined he'd do it because of the embarrassment it would be with the Mexican community but maybe I'm wrong
No idea how Mexicans generally view him
>>
Would Thurman come up in weight. Fuck Canelo, seriously.
>>
>>67494585
What I think the deal will be, is that they'll drop the belt and give it to Golovkin, then fight one match before fighting Golovkin at 160 to earn it back. That is, if they don't schedule the fight for this fall. WBC formally ordered the match with a 15-day negotiation window yesterday, which means their hands are tied, they'll have to strip him if the match doesn't happen right away. That means no interim bouts can be scheduled if he intends on keeping it. Golden Boy isn't stupid, they know the payout they'd get for making this happen and they know the fallout they'd have if it didn't happen, so they'll make a deal of some kind, and the match will happen, but it's a question of when. So if it does go to next year and they want Canelo to take a match between then and now, they'll drop the belt, and have to earn it back. There's really no way around it at this point.

Mexicans, it really depends. I've met a great deal who'd be backing Golovkin, and there's certainly a majority who would cheer for their countryman over GGG, no matter how well he endears himself to them. But all of them seem to unanimously agree, no matter who they'd cheer for, that the fight needs to happen. Canelo would lose face at this point.
>>
>>67494459
>Sell out NY and LA.
>Making Canelo look ultra bitch
Stop being mad mexico, soon he will put your adopted ginger into a perma siesta
>>
>>67494797
>Thurman

Probably not. Here's the thing. Golovkin has made it pretty clear that he isn't interested in making fighters come up in weight to fight him. He sees Canelo as being the same size as him, and since Canelo has a 160 belt, he feels it make sense that he defend it at the 160 limit. So that sort of makes sense. But when people drop names like Brook, or Thurman, etc. he's just not interested in that. The only fighter he said he himself would come down in weight for is Mayweather, and that's because he feels Mayweather deserves that.

More importantly though, why do we need a welterweight to come up in weight to fight Golovkin when there's still business to be had at 160. The WBA has said they'd like to unify their belts, and would order Golovkin to fight Daniel Jacobs if the Canelo match falls through. That'd be a great fight.

There's also Billy Joe Saunders. It's less likely to happen, especially considering how cagey Saunders has been about making the match, but I'm fairly certain Golovkin would like to pursue it once this whole Canelo crap is over with. Again, it'd probably be a great match. All these guys are top 5 contenders/champions. They'd all look good on his resume. We'll just have to wait and see who is willing to step in there next.
>>
this is how the next glolovkin year and half should go to get the best bang for the last few years of his career.

September-Canelo
late 2016- Unification with Billy Joe Saunders
Sometime in the spring 2016 - Danny Jacobs
Summer 2017-Eubank Jr

am i wrong /sp/?
>>
>>67495713

spring 2017*

that post was a mess, sorry famalam.
>>
>>67495713
>September-Canelo
>late 2016- Unification with Billy Joe Saunders
>Sometime in the spring 2017 - Danny Jacobs
>summer 2017-Eubank Jr

Fixed, though you can probably swap Jacobs and Saunders. The WBA is insistent about making Golovkin Jacob's mandatory, whereas Golovkin would be a voluntary for Saunders since the WBO doesn't rank him at the moment and Saunders is in no rush to lose his belt to someone he can continue to avoid.
>>
>>67495885

unifications usually take priority above mandatories though.
>>
>>67487567

i hope when GGG fights Canelo, Amir Khan carry out GGG's belts.

and when GGG enters the ring he says "Why don't you pick on someone your own size"

that'd be top laffs.
>>
>>67494459
Btw, he made Lemieux look like total shit. The Ring ranks Lemieux 5th behind Canleo, Golovkin, Saunders and Jacobs. He's literally the best guy in the division without a belt and better than everyone else in the division who isn't listed above. He had a belt, until Golovkin took it away from him.

So to say Golovkin hasn't beaten anyone is kind of bullshit. He's cleaned out the division. I'm sure if he made a habit of fighting smaller opponents, he'd have clipped all of them too.
>>
>>67495945
The Jacobs match is a unification. Golovkin is WBA "Super" champion, and Jacobs is the regular champion. WBA wants to unify the belts and eliminate one of them from contention. It counts the same way.
>>
>>67496156

i thought "regular" champ was chance a fancy way of saying mandatory challenger? or interim champ?

WBA is fucking dumb anyways. Literally IBO tier.
>>
It's pretty obvious what is going to happen here.

Canelo is going to drop the belt and then send GGG's team a contract effectively forcing GGG's team to choose between fighting Canelo or fighting for a vacant belt against Heiland. Canelo's team will pray that GGG's team takes the belt so that they can ride off into the sunset saying GGG ducked him and saving his pride for the inevitable fight in the future.
>>
>>67496277

Here's the breakdown of how it's worked until now.

>Super champion: The WBA claims only a unified champion or a person who makes five to ten defenses of their title can become super champion. However, it’s added circumstances as it sees fit, and even the rule that it can elevate a champion after only five defenses is a new addition. If a WBA regular champion also becomes a WBC, IBF or WBO champion, then he’s elevated to super champion. It’s a win-win for the WBA – they give super champions longer times to make mandatory defenses, so they don’t look bad for stripping boxers. It also allows the WBA to cash in by having twice as many “title” fights.

>Regular champion: This is the man who is actually the champion. Except when there’s a super champion. Then, the regular champion is something less than a champion. He can still strut around calling himself the man, but in reality, if there’s a super champion, then the regular champion isn’t even the champion for his own sanctioning body.

>Interim champion: Officially, under the WBA rules, the only way you can have an interim champion is if there’s a champion in recess, e.g. the titlist can’t defend because he’s injured or there are some other meaningful circumstances. But I remember a time when the WBA had 5 Interim champions and all the real champs were actually fit to fight. Why do this? The WBA gets more sanctioning fees from having an interim title fight instead of a title eliminator, so as a way to steal more money, they have slowly been replacing title eliminators with fights for an interim title.

>Champion in Recess: According to the WBA rules, when an active champion is unable to defend his title within the prescribed time period for debilitating medical reasons, legal reasons or any other legitimate reason, the WBA can make him champion in recess and appoint an interim titlist.

This is why they're trying to eliminate the super title.
>>
>>67496277
It is. WBA regular champ has a set amount of time that they have to fight the WBA super champ. Jacobs is about to reach that time limit.
>>
>>67496290
Not how it works.

If they fail to come up with an agreement within the 15 days, it goes to purse bid. What that means is that the promoters (Golden Boy and GGG promotions) will get to bid on the fight with the highest total winning the bid. This is only a deal breaker when one party refuses the fight outright, or are otherwise contractually obligated to a certain network. A good example of this would be Kovalev and Stevenson. It went to purse bid, but Kovalev's promoter pulled out of the fight because they knew Stevenson's handlers had more money and would force the fight to be on Showtime, which Kovalev is contractually forbidden from doing. Golovkin and Canelo don't have this problem. But I digress.

The fight will go to purse bid and either GGG or Golden boy will win the bid, at which point the promoter will have to put on the match, probably with HBO's backing, and the total purse will be split between the fighters however the WBC sees fit.

Either way, the match has to either happen, or Alvarez drops the belt. There's no way they can get out of this unless Golovkin agrees to step-aside money and forfeits his WBC ranking as interim champion which he has insisted he will not do.
>>
>>67496954
Purse bid only applies if Canelo wants to keep his belt. He can dump the belt whenever the hell he wants.
>>
>>67497188
He can, but there's no way anyone will say he didn't duck the fight if that occurs without him agreeing to face Golovkin down the road. Golovkin has made it clear that he is doing everything he can, within the rights afforded to him by the sanctioning body, to make the fight happen. Everyone knows, even the fans in Mexico, that if they fail to make a fight (either this fall or next year) it'll be because Canelo walked away from it. He either makes a fight or loses face. Golovkin has already said on more than one occasion that he doesn't even care about the money at this point, so I'm sure he'd be willing to take something as ridiculous as 70/30. So, no matter what they offer, I'm sure it's not going to impact whether or not the fight ever happens. Just when.
>>
>>67497447
Golovkin had made his case clear that what he wants is the belt. If Canelo drops the belt then the WBC will order Golovkin to fight somebody else for the vacant belt, most likely Heiland. If Canelo tries making the fight when this happens and Golovkin chooses the belt over Canelo then it will give a lot of people ammo to call Golovkin the ducker.

I don't like it but it's a very real possibility.
>>
>>67493859

Kirkland is also shit. Cinabum has yet to face a real challenge. People point to the Floyd fight but that wasn't really anything more than a business fight. Cinabums side knew they would just chase a chicken around the ring all night and not really take any damage and for the money it was worth it to them. Floyd is a small WW.

Cinabum hasn't faced anyone his size that is even decent or applies good pressure.

GGG will absolutely kill him
>>
>>67497602
Golovkin is intrim champion. The belt isn't vacated under WBA rules. Golovkin is automatically promoted to full champion. He won't have to immediately make a mandatory defense.
>>
>>67497719
True. Kirkland isn't very good. Terrible boxer. Decent puncher, but having power doesn't matter if you lack the skills to employ it properly. I was pleased to see that Lemiux seeming picked up some of those skills since Golovkin put him on his ass. He was headed down the same road as Kirkland before that.
>>
>>67497807
>WBA

Meant WBC.
>>
>>67489312

How can he fight someone legit when all the legit fighters are ducking him? lma0

Everyone knows Canelo/GGG, which should happen within 6 months, is not going to happen for at least 5 years, and probably never.
>>
only 10 days until wilder - povetkin, oiiiiiiii
>>
>>67487567
canelo will end him
>>
>>67487567
BTFO!
>>
>>67502058
If GGG weighed 145 to 154, maybe. Too bad he doesn't, so Canelo can't come in with a funtional 20 pound weight advantage.
>>
GGG really needs to shut the fuck up about fight me at 160!!! GGG is looking for a title and big payday. He knows his ppv numbers were shit and if he fights canelo is $$$.

Canelo is the a side fuck what GGG thinks. Im getting tired of him acting like his the second coming of jesus! Earn it mothafucker! Thats what canelo did with floyd "the a side".

Floyd made canelo drop to 152 to fight him and canelo put his 154 belt on the line. If GGG is so sure he wins drop to 155 and fight him. GGG already said he will drop to 154 to fight floyd why not 155 for a drained ass canelo?
>>
>>67502781
Because he doesn't have to. He's happy fughting at 160. The belt is a 160 belt snd the rules say he doesn't have to drop weight. If Canelo insists on 154 and the fight doesn't happen, Golovkin automatically becomes champion. If Canelo wants to give him his belt and then negotiate a fight for 154 after that, he can. As for Floyd, he would fight floyd at 154 because it wouldn't middleweight title fight. Floyd doesn't have a belt in the division and he wouldn't be defending his titles against him unless floyd came up in weight to 155 and requested a title fight. Even then he'd only grant Floyd that because he feels Floyd hass earned that sacrafice from him. Canelo has not.
>>
>>67502818
>Floyd hass earned that sacrafice from him
There you go thinking GGG is the a side. GGG hasnt earn shit.
>>
>>67502862
No it's not that I think he's the A side, it's that he thinks it doesn't matter what side of the negotiation he's on. Money doesn't matter to him, the belt matters to him. Canelo is not important to him. The belt is important to him. If Canelo decides not to fight him, he gets the belt any way. It's simple. He doesn't care about Canelo as much as everyone else seems to. The only reason he wants to make the fight happen is because he would be happy beating Canelo, and he thinks the fans want to see it. He's said it before, he's makes plenty of money already. He doesn't need this fight for the paycheck. If he doesn't need the paycheck, and he stands to get the belt if Canelo refuses to make the fight happen, what incentive does he really have to drop weight to 154 to force a fight? He doesn't feel he needs to prove himself. He's unbeaten. Fights other fighters in his division at the proper weight limit, and holds two other belts already. What incentive could he possibly have to fight Canelo other than to give fans a show?

Or is this about what you need? What you need in order to accept that he's the number 1 guy south of 175 at the moment. Cause if that's the case, it's not really about him needing to shut the fuck up, is it. It's you, trying to impose your desires on a professional fighting who is by and large considered to be the top of the middleweight division.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.