[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>90% of the game is passing the ball around nowhere near the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
File: messi.jpg (108 KB, 901x600) Image search: [Google]
messi.jpg
108 KB, 901x600
>90% of the game is passing the ball around nowhere near the goal
>clock keeps going when play stops, leading to flops
>flops are considered a legitimate part of the game
>no replay system at all. it's expected that a ref will make multiple wrong calls (big or small) throughout the game
>no parity at all. Besides ~10 teams in a 5 league system there's no point watching any of the games
>attacking plays are unexciting and generally all look the same
>players miss the goal constantly. Even if they get a decent shot in between defenders there's a good chance nothing interesting comes of it
>ties exist
>TIES EXIST
>champion's league system is absolute shit. Shout out to atletico with their fantastic road goal
>Playoffs (the most fun part to watch of any sport) don't even exist for individual leagues
>leads to the often referenced "team A beats team B but team C wins the league" scenario
>No "mid-level" exciting plays: baseball has doubles or triples, NFL has long gains or field goals, basketball has constant scoring so doesn't apply. Either you score a goal on your chance or don't and 90% of the time you don't. Leads to very little excitement
>hockey also has this problem but gets away with it because scoring is higher
>extremely corrupt, and keeps the door open for corruption with lack of ref reviews

I love watching a lot of sports, so I decided to give soccer a try. I was honestly excited to get into it.

wew, lads. how in the hell do you watch this shite
>>
Look guys, an Ameriburger doesn't understand football. What an original thread
>>
>>67484604
they can't answer any of these they'll just try to banter
>>
>>67484690
hey look I was right
>>
>>67484604
>tf tt
>>
Why would you think it's so important to let us know you didnt like football?
>>
>don't care about a sport
>make a million threads about how much you don't care about said sport
>get shot while you try to post it, die of a heart attack in the local Walmart hospital while shitting your pants
>>
>90% of his "sport" is adverts and black ppl doing "street" dance crazes
>>
The pitch is 100 yards, they might as well make the most of it.

Not stopping the clock keeps the game running at a proper speed. If they stopped the clock then players would take forever preparing for set-pieces.

In Spanish football, maybe.

>no replay system at all. it's expected that a ref will make multiple wrong calls (big or small) throughout the game
Again, to keep the game rolling at a smooth pace.

>no parity at all. Besides ~10 teams in a 5 league system there's no point watching any of the games
Some leagues have no parity, the Premier League now has parity since three of the big four have collapsed and it's impossible for Arsenal to finish anywhere but fourth.

There's a fair bit of variety, crosses and tap-ins look very different to dribbling it into the box.

>players miss the goal constantly. Even if they get a decent shot in between defenders there's a good chance nothing interesting comes of it
It's the opposing team's job to make it difficult to score. There are instances where the attacker will miss a sitter but they get rightfully mocked and they feel bad about it.

>ties exist
>TIES EXIST
There is no reason for ties to not exist in a league format. A win is worth three times more so a team will always strive for a win.

>champion's league system is absolute shit. Shout out to atletico with their fantastic road goal
The only bad thing is the away goal rule. Everything else is fine, it's a league that consists of the best teams in Europe.
>>
Come on man, you have to be smart enough to realize that 90% of the enjoyment (to other people, not necessarily you) comes from the suspense/drama leading up to goals. Its basically the baseball of europe.

Although play not stopping, ties and no review system in place is absolute horse shit I will agree with you there.
>>
>Playoffs (the most fun part to watch of any sport) don't even exist for individual leagues
The league is the best way to determine the best team in a season. The best team should be consistently good through-out all their games, they shouldn't just have to rely on a few lucky games. If you want muh drama that's associated with knock-out competitions, then there are domestic cups and the Champions League.

>leads to the often referenced "team A beats team B but team C wins the league" scenario
That's because team C was consistently the best throughout the season and team B wasn't good enough to match their record.

>No "mid-level" exciting plays: baseball has doubles or triples, NFL has long gains or field goals, basketball has constant scoring so doesn't apply. Either you score a goal on your chance or don't and 90% of the time you don't. Leads to very little excitement
>hockey also has this problem but gets away with it because scoring is higher
There are multiple ways to score a goal in football. The fact that it's harder to score a goal doesn't mean anything, in fact it makes each goal even more precious.

>extremely corrupt, and keeps the door open for corruption with lack of ref reviews
The games are no more fixed than most other sports.
>>
>team A ties team B team C wins the Championship
>team D beats Team E 2-1 Team E advances
>>
>>67484604
Please don't watch our sport, thank you.
>>
This will be a positive and enlightening thread for all involved.
>>
>>67484690
Except everything he said about the game is true
>>
>>67485582
>The games are no more fixed than most other sports.
citation needed
>>
File: 1461251832296.png (188 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1461251832296.png
188 KB, 327x316
>ameriburgers are literally too retarded to understand a table format
>ameriburgers get bored as soon as a sport doesn't involve several 20 minute commercial breaks and pop music performances during the game

Never change subhumans.
>>
>>67485769
What don't we understand about the table format?
>>
>>67484604
if you want playoffs watch the belgian league. But it's fucking shit.
>>
Turn of the tv sometimes and fix your attention span
>>
>american sports are such a snoozefest that they need to create artificial drama with play-offs as well as throw in 20 minute McDonalds commercials and throw in dancing niggers in order to keep murricans interested
>>
>>67485563
>baseball of Europe
I agree with you here. They're both ridiculously slow paced and contain barely any action. Whenever yuropoors claim that Americans don't have the attention span to watch soccer I just point them to baseball, which has an average game length of 3 hours and even less action than soccer.

In my opinion, both sports are boring as shit, but if you're a fag who values the need for patience while watching an entertainment program then more power to you
>>
>hurr durr goal aren't often
Won't ever understand this argument.
At least when a team score it counts, people hug and having a blast, when basketball or baseball is just doen't touch me as scores are constant.
>>
>>67485981
Can you show me a soccer game with anywhere close to the production value that any NFL game has? The reason for that is because of commercials
>>
>>67486037
>he wants to grope his teammates
>>
>>67485558
>in spanish football
dont lie to yourself
some points he made make sense
one ref is a joke
aftee getting into football watching soccer becomes kinda of a pain after you realise how much the refs suck(either because of human limits or wanting to favor the bigger club) and how much flop is accepted as part of the game
>>
>>67485769
Bill Burr had a good bit in his MMP about the music.

There's practically a fucking DJ in the stands to keep these chumps constantly 'entertained'
>>
>>67486043
>needing "production value" in your sports

Figures with how pathetic the supporters and atmosphere are.
>>
>>67486091
Someone post the psychoANALytical jpeg of how handegg is basically gay sex
>spandex
>tight ends
>penetrate the enemies endzone
>>
>>67486100

Well there are six officials at a Champions League game now, has it made the officiating any better?
>>
File: emptijihad.jpg (60 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
emptijihad.jpg
60 KB, 600x338
>>67486123
>muh passion
>muh atmosphere
>muh nursery rhyme songs

kej
>>
>>67486191
>muh commercials
>muh hotdogs
>muh dancing niggers
>>
File: 1462309459946.png (1 MB, 989x1022) Image search: [Google]
1462309459946.png
1 MB, 989x1022
>>
>>67484604
No one cares you cunt
>>
>>67486191
that's at the start of a match, a stadium is oft empty before kick-off
>>
Lemme guess, you're either from the south or the east coast and think baseball is still America's sport.
>>
>>67486191
That's half an hour after the end of the match
>>
>>67486335
It was the end. When Pellegrini was giving his farewell speech, and City fans are rightfully being called out on leaving before it.
>>
>>67484604
What's wrong with ties?
>>
>>67486335
>>67486356
So which is it then? You guys seem to be desperately grasping at excuses to contradict my masterfully constructed point
>>
>>67486398
see >>67486366
>>
>>67486398
>using City as an argument

KEK
>>
>>67486366
oh right, didn't know that
god, mancs are disrespectful louts
>>
>>67486043
>production value

I guess the Russians were onto something, should have just nuked the whole of North America
fucking savages
>>
File: img_3330.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2178) Image search: [Google]
img_3330.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2178
>>67486191
yeah. you used the most plastic and shittiest team of all europe as an example.
>>
Welcome to /sp/, newlad.
>>
>>67486337
OP here, west coast and no. Like I said, really did give it a chance and just absolutely hated it
>>
>>67484604
Why don't you understand draws I don't get that at all shows how small minded you fuck tards are. There is playoffs mongo to get into the premier leagues, fuck dip shit at least check your shit posting. The referee making decisions is all part of our simple and beautiful game some you lose some you win, can't even always be right with vid. An yes there is plays there called set pieces you tit, corners, free kicks. The overall comparison to plays in nfl is a joke, a team has more of a philosophy than meh throw it to fast black man. The nfl lads would get but fucked in the rugby leagues aswell, they wear body armed it's embarrassing really te he he
>>
Maximum baaaaaaaaawwwww.

Footballs the goat m8, deal with it
>>
File: 1462169465254.png (1 MB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
1462169465254.png
1 MB, 852x854
>>67486043
>production value
>>
File: 125445a.jpg (25 KB, 305x225) Image search: [Google]
125445a.jpg
25 KB, 305x225
>>67489594
TIES ARE FOR BITCH ASS PUSSY FAGGOT BETA LOSERS

VROOOM VROOOOOOOOOOM
>>
>>67485558
>not saying it isn't a viable strategy, it's just boring
>the only response I ever get to this is "proper speed" or "flow of the game" or similar nonsense. I don't get why that's such a big deal to you guys
>in all football
>who cares about the pace? why is that such an important thing? wouldn't you rather get the calls right?
>three potential champions isn't parity over here m8
>that's a fair point
>I feel like that happens pretty damn often. Not saying wide open shots, but untouched ones go flying into the stands all the time
>In that format it makes sense. But it just seems like a very unsatisfying end to 2 hours of watching something
>The fact that the league exists is great but the structure is nonsense. Why are they playing two games? Why are tiebreakers made to be so important? I follow every sport I can but it's the worst playoff structure I've ever seen
>>
>>67485582
>IS it the best way? In a way. We see playoffs as picking the real best team because it's such an intense atmosphere. Separates the men from the boys
>There are multiple ways, but no exciting plays other than goals which are very rare. It leaves giant gaps in the game where literally nothing happens
>No more fixed than other sports. are you havin a fucking giggle
>>
>>67490946
>>67490984
>ameritards in charge of greentext
>>
>>67491028
all they have is banter
>>
>>67484690
and what an original response
>y-you just don't understand
>n-no I'm n-not going to respond to any of your points b-baka
>>
File: 1443752451625.jpg (63 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1443752451625.jpg
63 KB, 724x611
>>67486043
>production value
>>
File: autism.jpg (46 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
46 KB, 514x536
>>67484604
>>
File: 4chan man.jpg (73 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
4chan man.jpg
73 KB, 592x492
>>67484604

>mfw an Americuck was eating a cheeseburger and browsing craigslist for a bull near me
>>
File: 1462756301971.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1462756301971.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>67484604
>>67485202
this,so much.Faggots like Op should be banned.Everyday I see those shit threads.Nobody cares about your shit sports and your shit opinion, about a sport you plebs are awful at playing.

>>67486043
what an absolute embarrassing post.
>>
File: 14324843836327.jpg (177 KB, 510x427) Image search: [Google]
14324843836327.jpg
177 KB, 510x427
>>67486043
>production value
>>
>>67491454
>comes to sports discussion board
>nobody cares about what you want to discuss!!

I don't think you quite get the internet, champ
>>
>>67491980
Don't mind them, just typical European snobbery and pretentious

If we don't like it, we must just not GET it obviously. That only applies when it's Americans not liking something though for some reason

And at least we discuss the actual sport instead of just saying HURR FAT AMERICANS COMMERCIALS, I WIN XD
>>
>>67492455
*pretentiousness
>>
>>67486043
please tell me this is true ignorance and not good tier bait
>>
Wait, europoors why did you respond?

Don't get me wrong, OP is a drooling retard and none of that shit deserves a serious conversation, but why the fuck did the rest of you respond?
>>
>>67485166
Why would you think it's so important to let us know you think it isn't important what he likes?
>>
>>67492548
Literally everything OP said is true though, you can't deny that, I don't even hate soccer, it's alright, but OP is right
>>
>>67484604
>clock keeps going when play stops

Why do Americans make such a fuss about this? Are they autistic or something?
>>
>>67492548
this, unless everyone is being le ironically replying to bait XD!
>>
>>67492653
I didn't say he's wrong. Im just puzzled, wondering why he thinks that the rest of us give a shit
>>
>>67490946
>Why are they playing two games?

Because home advantage is a thing. You do a home leg and an away leg to even that out.
>>
>>67486110
Why wouldn't you want a live DJ with your sports

Sounds dope
>>
>>67492748
Obviously a fair amount of people give a shit...I mean...this is a board for sports...why shouldn't he be allowed to discuss sports? Stop being such a faggot please
>>
>>67492871
>why shouldn't he be allowed to discuss sports

wew la. I don't think I made any efforts to try and stop him from doing this
>>
Still better than handegg aka 10 minutes of action during a 3 hour broadcast and that's not even debatable.
>>
>>67492963
but literally every play in handegg is interesting because of the 4 downs. The short breaks in play add to the anticipation. But the commercials between kickoffs and punts and whatnot are annoying i'll admit that
>>
You guys are all fucking retards. Literally the same fucking thread with the same fucking "arguments" and the same fucking stupid memes.

You think you're funny? You think you sound tough? Your insecurities are the only thing clearly showing, since the majority of you can't think beyond memes - nor can you form coherent sentences.

Go ahead and cowardly post anonymously on a Cambodian tantric shortlisting sculpturing emporium. At least resistors have the courage to at least attempt accountability and a pseudo-identity.

You guys are such failures you can't even do that.

Kil yourselves.
>>
>>67494836
nice post
>>
>>67494836
OP here. Stop making our country look stupid
>>
>>67484604
hockey and basketball are boring as fuck cuz of no physics and no spontaneity. football is the only sport with true freedom of movement. anything can happen because the ball is light & round and you can't pick it up with hands.

>basketball and handegg
>rating sports where you can just take the ball and run with it to the goal
>>
>>67495359
what is dribbling
what is the forward pass
>>
>>67495457
what is burger
>>
>>67495494
"all they have is banter"
>>
>>67484604
I love watching the NFL as much as watching soccer, so let's go :

90% of the game is huddles, standing, referees talking, reviexing or ads

let's talk about running, receptions inside the field, and, victory formation

implying you don't get a penalty for hugging the goal post or celebrating a big play

would be boring as fuck. And, in the NFL, it is

besides the 32 teams, you can't enter in the league in a sportive way. Plus, why teams such as the Browns or the Jags would play the last games as there's no relegation ?

let's talk about Tony Romo

ans there's a good chance that nothing interesting comes of a punt of a kickoff

>ties exist
7-8-1 and still goes to playoffs

>TIES EXIST
coin toss decides of the winner

americans can't into maths

a season can be ruined by a single game #Bengals

americans can't into logic

i won't disagree for this one

Just be patient bro.
>>
>>67494836
Wew lad
>>
File: 1458516265954.jpg (68 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1458516265954.jpg
68 KB, 600x560
>>67491980
>>67492455
>comes to sports discussion board
>nobody cares about what you want to discuss!!
This not what I said you shit mongoloid.I am sick and tiered of seeing the same american shit posters complaining about soccer.Nobody on this board is complaining or shitposting about american sports.Literally pleb behaviour, just accept or tolerate it if you don't like it.
Do you see people shit posting all day about american football or baseball? Because it's literally the most boring sport ever for 90% of the earth population.Yet,still nobody is shit posting about your sports.Because nobody cares.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.