[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wondered. If you could start over your life, would you choose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: 1462769108848s.jpg (7 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
1462769108848s.jpg
7 KB, 250x202
I wondered. If you could start over your life, would you choose a career as a professional athlete?
>If so, which sport would that be?
>If not, why not?

I think I would. Personally I'd pick basketball or tennis because I like it so much. Shame basketball is not popular in my country. Just the idea of only doing the sport you like and also making money of it is a dream.
>>
Shame basketball is not popular in my country
>shame ur not 7 foot more like
>>
I would choose a career as a professional NEET again desu
>>
>>67459740
This also yes.
>>
Id rather be a succesful musican.
But being a GOAT football player would be nice too.
>>
Successful mohican
>>
File: soccer-ball.png (160 KB, 445x355) Image search: [Google]
soccer-ball.png
160 KB, 445x355
Why does Europe only have one sport?
>>
>>67459736
Yes. Basketball because I'm 6'5" and I would have taken my relatives offer to live in Philadelphia instead of doing my own thing here. Could have been on the NBA if I wasn't lazy sack of shit.

At worst if I stayed here I would have made an effort to play a sport that is popular here. League or cricket even.
>>
Yeah I'd do it. I'd be a rugby player because it would help me deal with my repressed homosexual urges
>>
>>67459763
People tend to like things that a huge amount of other people also like. They are afraid of liking something that is not popular. They just follow the herd.
>>
probably baseball. Pretty easy and fun sport and there's tons of money to be made there
>>
>>67459763

It doesn't
>>
>>67459763
No it doesn't.
>>
>>67459736
yes, I regret not pursuing baseball. They have no salary cap
>>
is pickpocketing a sport?
>>
>>67460810
Urban sports
>>
>>67459736
Yes because it would be better than wageslaving. It wouldn't be absolute my first choice of career tho.
Regarding what sport, probably football because biggest market and I don't necessarily have to go to abroad.
>>
>>67459736

Assuming that I get to keep all my memories from my current life? Baseball for sure. I played all the way up until high school, I imagine I'd end up being pretty good if I started out as a 5 year old with 15 years of experience already under his belt.
>>
>>67459736
Everyone wants to be a professional footballer aged 5. Almost everyone realises they will never be good enough aged 7.
>>
>>67459820
You would not have made the NBA
>>
>>67460776
>easy
hitting is the hardest thing to do in any sport.
>>
>>67459736

Football obviously. Even if you play in the fourth tier in England (League 2) then you will be able to make a modest living (I think they earn around £20k - £30k / yr). Or even if you never make it that far and just play non-league, you will earn some money on the side to your day job

And football's awesome

So yeah, football
>>
>>67459736

soccer makes most money and I love it
>>
>>67459763
Literally most of Europe is playing basketball, handball, hockey or volleyball when they are kids. The problem is that only Foooty is popular in every country.
>>
>>67459763
>being a dumb american
Hurrrrr
>>
>>67460776
>Pretty easy
last year, only 20 players in the entire MLB hit over .300

show me another sport where performing at 30% puts you in the top 20 of players. hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things to do in all of professional sports
>>
File: 1462058282490.gif (16 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1462058282490.gif
16 KB, 633x758
>>67461992

I wish volleyball was more popular. Played it through college and was planning to play in Europe. Got injured my senor year and my dreams were dashed.
>>
>>67462018
I have a friend that got a full ride scholarship to a florida college for playing volleyball. She literally chose to go when she had no hope to make pro here.
If you wanna promote the sport you gotta stop importing foreign talent at the formative level. It's the reason many euro footie youth academies are doing badly lately.
I wonder how she's doing.
>>
>>67462053
women's college volleyball is the biggest women's sport for universities. Men's volleyball is hurt by a rule called title 9.
>>
>>67462018
I enjoyed playing vollyball in gym and I play in a rec league now but there was no mens vollyball team in my high school
>>
>>67462099
I thought womens basketball or maybe soccer would be bigger than ass bounce.

Season tickets for vollyball at my uni were only $35 for non students and I dont remember there being more than 70 people max at a game
>>
>>67462195
It depends on the university. If the university is in the Pac-12 or Big-10, then they tend to get big crowds. My university's team was weak so not that many people would go. I just depends on the team.
>>
>>67462150
For men's volleyball, its mostly popular out west, and in the Chicago area. There is the east coast, but it is not that big
>>
if you knew that you'd be
>5'11"
>white
>predisposed to heart problems
>120 IQ
>middle class, money not a problem
>big feet
>average test

what sport would you do?
>>
>>67462282
accounting
>>
>>67459736
Abso-fucking-lutely. I would have become one in this life too if my mom weren't an overprotective bitch who was too deebly goncerned with my health to allow me to play sports and if I weren't too much of a little pussy to go against her.
>>
>>67462282
tap dancing
>>
>>67462287
fuck...
>>
Gaelic football. I'd like to play it at least once.
>>
>>67459750
being a successful artist and maintaining the success requires a ton of talent. do you have it?
>>
if any of you were born again most of youd be so rich you wouldnt have the motivation to play professional sports. just following the world events and market trends would net you a ton of money
>>
>>67462290
so if you were a different person you would have done things differently
cool
>>
>>67462018
>got injured
>SENOR year

Hi Juan did you injure yourself """landscaping""""
>>
Yes, I'd be a keeper in the Eredivisie. I'd get instantly hired at the age of 17
>>
>>67462484
I always thought it was strange why keepers are the cheapest transfers while there are much less keepers than other positions. For example there are so many attackers, yet they get paid the most. I think keepers should be valued much more, also since it is a position not many people want to be in.
>>
>>67459736
I would choose an individual sports, so I have more control if I succeed or not.
>>
baseball player
>learn how to hit
>eat whatever the fuck you want and dont exercise
>become a DH in the AL
>>
>>67465109
Because the difference between a good keeper and a great keeper isn't that much
>>
>>67466376
but the difference between a good keeper and a bad keeper is worth an unbelievable amount of points a season considering how much goalies go for
>>
>>67466417
Yeah, but considering there's only one goalkeeper space per team there's a lot of competition. So really only decent goalkeepers make it
>>
>>67459736
baseball

I could either get paid 50,000 a year sitting on a bench or 50 million in 2 or so years being a star

if I took the knowledge I have with me I would be a star by 12
>>
>>67460776

Baseball isnt easy at all

I would pick it though, its my favorite sport to play and theres no salary cap
>>
>>67466429
nah, liverpool have got a shitter like mignolet imagine if they had invested any of the suarez money in a decent goalie, they would be 10 points higher easy from the points he costs them with fuck ups, and for 20m that's a lot more worth than any other position. there's a lot of trash out there
>>
>>67459740
you don't have to be tall to make it into the NBA

just practice endlessly shooting 3 pointers your entire life and you're in
>>
>>67459736
I wish I had taken sports more serious growing up. I had the size/strength to play college football, maybe not SEC shit but still. Too immature and not focused enough.
>>
Easy, baseball. Wish I had stuck with it, I had the size and athleticism for it but I hated playing sports when I was little/my parents didn't encourage it. Several players were drafted from the high schools around me.
>>
>>67462282
Croquet
>>
>>67460810
>>67461304
MLG(ypsy)
>>
>>67459736
Yes
I would be a golfer

Everyone hates pretentious upper class faggots, but if I had the chance to be one I totally would.
Golf is fun anyways, and tour players who never see TV all make pretty good money.

If it were the 70s-80s I would be a pro bowler, tour players who never see TV time still make money. It used to be a lot more money in the 80s than it is today though. You pretty much have to be high profile make TV appearances and win tournaments to make a living with bowling now.

Bowling used to be different. Its popularity in the 90s ruined its image. It went from a popular adult activity that had some integrity in the 70s to being something teenagers hung out at because it was attached to an arcade.
That fad didnt last very long and it shit out in the early 00s.

Now its just where you take your kid for his birthday party, or you see fat middle aged dudes go to get hammered
>>
>>67459736
If I could back in time, I would've stuck with soccer or tried to get into football.

I don't have the body of a pro athlete honestly, I only weigh like 130 pounds, but I think if I hadn't been a bitch and hit the gym back in high school I would've been able to play some games and had fun instead of playing WoW all day like I did.
>>
>>67460785
>>67460790
Then when is the major league baseball, basketball, hockey, and football (US) season for Europe?
>>
File: 1461588726690.jpg (29 KB, 267x343) Image search: [Google]
1461588726690.jpg
29 KB, 267x343
>>67459736
Football. I really think i would have succeeded. I have an obsessive mindset, so i could see me training extra hours polishing my skills (mainly passing and shooting) and analyzing my opponent patterns. Also, i dislike parties, alcohol and trash food. That alone could turn me into a player better than the average professional player i think.

I like track and field too (mainly 100 meter dash), but i think you'll need to be a genetic freak to flourish in this sport, so it is a no-go.
>>
My dream is to score a goal in Morumbi and just do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osy9PoSdCMA + a spit
>>
>>67468782
I have to ass that the only reason i didn't did it was because i don't had the money to pay for supplements back then and i hate to ask my parents for money.

I'm even 196 cm in this manlet country for god sake.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.