[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats up guys, my name is dominic, i play high school basketball
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Saints_Monroe_medium.jpg (66 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
Saints_Monroe_medium.jpg
66 KB, 550x367
whats up guys,
my name is dominic, i play high school basketball here in southern california. i just capped off my senior year of basketball, we made a deep run in the state playoffs after winning sections, but I am plagued by a dilemma. I still have yet to announce where I will continue my career after this year. I averaged 18 points, 8 assists and 5 rebounds for a renown team and due to my skills academic and basketball wise, I received various scholarships but narrowed them down to two. I got a full ride from Harvard and a partial scholarship to USC. Do I play at the local hometown at USC or do I say fuck it and pack my bags and go to Harvard? Please help, thanks.
>>
>>67458079
Harvard if you just wanna ball and do school USC if you think you can hang with the pros someday
>>
>>67458079
USC is pretty shit at basketball, Harvard isnt a great basketball school either but academics wise you can get a job anywhere with a degree from Harvard.
>>
>>67458079
Minnesota and be coached under the future GOAT
>>
Go to Harvard, you're not going pro and you can get a nice cushy job from some rich alum if you're on a team that takes Harvard to the tourney.
>>
Fuck USC, you're getting a full ride to Harvard
>>
I don't know what this meme is but ivy league schools don't give athletic scholarships
>>
>full ride
>Harvard

You must be dirt poor or 9 different races since Harvard doesn't give scholarships to athletes and everyone who gets in has such good grades and shit that they don't give much academic merit aid.

You would have to be a transgendered Syrian refugee or something for Harvard to give you a full ride.
>>
>>67458133
they give """""academic""""" scholarships
>>
>>67458143
They don't give those either lol. Just need based aid
>>
>>67458136
>>67458133
>>67458143
>>67458151
>>67458118

4.5 core GPA, only got one B in high school (fuck calc) so full ride to Harvard.

USC coach offered late, so they could only give me partial scholarship (half).

The only school to give me a full ride was Utah State but fuck the mormons.
>>
>>67458151
and the "need" is decided by the school, with heavy influence from the coaches.
>>
Go to Harvard unless you're very confident you can go pro.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.