[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post athletes you wish suffered career-ending injuries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 620x430
Not just any injury but the kind that would affect them for the rest of their lives

>pic extremely related
>these two morally bankrupt pieces of shit
>1 down, 1 more to go
>>
Why are players who leave Dortmund more morally bankrupt than those who leave other teams?
>>
you are retarded.

its easy to talk about players being loyal to their club but its hard to notice that the club must also follow the needs of their players.

you have 2 extremely good top level world-class footballers in the likes of Gundogan and Hummels
(to be fair BVB have more world class players like : Marco Reus, Shinji Kagawa , Augameyang , Sokratis , Mkhitarian)
and yet they cant spend a few money in order to achieve something.

Do you really expect them to stay there ? They want titles, proving that they really are at the top level.
>>
Agreed OP. You never never see the greats like Marino leave their team no matter how bad it is
>>
File: 43.jpg (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
8 KB, 224x225
>>
>>67388055
>Sokratis
>Kagawa
>world class

KEK
>>
>>67385455

Gündogan injured, missing EM are you happy now?
>>
>>67388197

well sokratis earned his spot in the squad by kicking subotic outside the X1.
Kagawa was a pick by SAF himself , and played extremely well under him.
You didnt say anything about Marco Reus, a 6months in - 6 months out player. Injury prone could also be used as criteria for some players meaning Reus would be characterized as a bit above average.
I dont get ya.
>>
I think they're doing the right thing.
>>
>>67388197
Sokratis carried Dortmund's shitty defense last year
>>
>>67388311
>>67388346
Sokratis is good but not world class. World class defenders include Godin, Thiago Silva, Boateng etc. He is solid defensively but has the occasional error; he's also a limited footballer.

Kagawa has been hit or miss since his return, although his recent form has drastically improved and he's currently looking very good again. Still not world class and arguably the fourth best attacking midfielder at Dortmund if you include Castro.

So both are good to very good, but not world class. I agree you could make a case for Reus not being world class either (or Aubameyang for that matter). Injury isn't a factor though.
>>
>>67388447

I simply cant say Godin is a world class defender when playing in a team that he has back up from 9 other players to defend his team's side.

Thiago Silva and Boateng I will agree are 2 in the top 5-10 defenders in the world.

My point is you dont have to be the best 10 players in your position to be world class.

Kagawa Aint Ronaldo, he aint Messi , he aint even Di Maria or De Bruyne but he is very good and has the potential to take matches personally , if given the space and time.

Thats world class to me.
>>
Will Gundogan ever play in an international Tournament?
>>
>>67388642

He's too injury prone
>>
>>67384512
>>67388157

I-I was just joking.
>>
>>67388642
euro 2012

maybe he was benched the entire time though I don't remember
>>
>>67388584
I guess that's a question of semantics, I prefer a narrow usage of the term world class but by your definition they make probably make the cut, yeah.
>>
>>67388584
>if given the space and time
then i am also world class?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 620x413
>>67388247
Yes I'm very happy

Now if this greedy, technically and mentally piece of human garbage can suffer the same fate I would be over the moon.

>Pick extremely related
>£140k every week wasted on this mentally and technically inept piece of human garbage
>>
>>67388584
>I simply cant say Godin is a world class defender when playing in a team that he has back up from 9 other players to defend his team's side.
that's a good argument but he's managed to save opportunities entirely by himself in that last third.
>>
>>67388055
>Mkhitaryan
>Worldclass
>TFW Mkhitaryan will never play and shine at a World Cup cause Armenia is too busy apologizing for the Kardashicunts and fighting Azerbaijan
>>
>>67389200
you had your time already berbatov
>>
>>67394409
>140
wasn't it 80 or sth like that? 140 is truly a lot
>>
>>67388584
>I simply cant say Godin is a world class defender when playing in a team that he has back up from 9 other players to defend his team's side.

This is true, it's why it's so difficult to accurately judge defenders. So much depends on the system and protection they have.

Case in point, see Liverpool: Lovren was fucking turd under Rodgers, probably the worst defender in the league. Now under Klopp he's been Liverpool's best player of the season, because there's a structured team in front of him
>>
>>67385455
>>
>>67388447

>He unironically thinks Boateng is world class
>He unironically thinks Silva is world class

Mate youre delusional. Sokratis might not be a great play maker, but hes better at defending than Hummels, Boateng and even Silva.
>>
>>67387966
No, but players who like to leave the team to the direct rival for trophys and players who are on the look for higher paying clubs(including the rival) after he was injured for 14 months at Dortmund. Thats pretty low.
>>
File: pacman.jpg (842 KB, 1200x918) Image search: [Google]
pacman.jpg
842 KB, 1200x918
>>67385455
More of because what he's doing outside the ring
>oh wait it's a footie thread?
>>
>>67410352
>Not just any injury but the kind that would affect them for the rest of their lives

didn't specify which career either
>>
>>67388584
Godin is def top 5 defenders, he also plays really well for Uruguay
>>
File: Olivier.jpg (134 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Olivier.jpg
134 KB, 1500x1500
this crybaby piece of shit
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.