[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do high payrolls only produce mediocre teams?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Los-Angeles-Dodgers.png (26 KB, 420x320) Image search: [Google]
Los-Angeles-Dodgers.png
26 KB, 420x320
Why do high payrolls only produce mediocre teams?
>>
>>67355461
A majority of the payroll is for minor league farms
>>
Its not how much you spend, its who you spend it on. There are other factors at play then just $$
>>
Boreball is a distraction to us until real sports like basketball and football come on
>>
well a quarter of those contracts are ned colleti's dumb ass manifest
>>
>>67355461
We're still in first place dumbass
>>
>>67355461
Investing in farm systems is the only way to win at baseball and supplementing good teams with free agents after a core is already built. What makes big payroll teams scary to me is how they're funneling so much capital into Dominican teenagers and pricing everyone else out of IFA.

Also the bullshit like the Dodgers throwing a shit ton of money at the leading arm injury researchers and hoarding all of their data for themselves.
>>
>>67355461
they pay for le epic curve ball man but forgot a team needs to hit during playoffs.

Don Mattingly was aslo a retard but this nigger is worse
>>
>>67355568
Lol not after this game you're not
>>
>>67355727
It isn't bullshit because they literally invested in it when no one cared

Suddenly people start to care because someone paid for it

Fuck those free loaders
>>
What happened to Puig? He started the season red-hot and he can't do shit now
>>
>>67356325
the only reason the giants have a dynasty is all their qt fuck boys are home grown so they play for cheap and are on long ass contracts
>>
because the truly obscenely high ones are usually 55% actual payroll, 30% paying guys to play for other teams, 15% stupidly high contracts inherited from some small market team that overpaid to lure a guy
>>
File: 145633527115.jpg (4 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
145633527115.jpg
4 KB, 124x125
>Getting BTFO by the Rasys
>>
>>67356586
>Wood and Baez on the same day
it's astonishing the rays aren't at 20 runs
>>
Because you can't buy team chemistry or guarantee health
>>
File: evelyn-wthr2.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
evelyn-wthr2.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1080
REV UP THEM RALLYFUS
>>
File: alyssa_is_not_amused.jpg (22 KB, 305x400) Image search: [Google]
alyssa_is_not_amused.jpg
22 KB, 305x400
LGTSS
>Crawful
>>
>I really want that young cheap player
>Too bad you can't have him...unless...you take this horrible piece of shit we are for some reason paying 20 mil a year off our hands as well. Oh and everyone you trade to us in return, pay half of their salaries.
>yolo not my money
And so a 1.5 billion payroll is born
And they feel obligated to play that shitty guy because they're paying so much, thus the mediocrity
>>
>>67355461
players stop caring once they get their huge contract
>>
>>67355508
>>
>>67355568

the dodgers havent been in first place since like 3 days ago
>>
>>67358073
They were in first place today from about 1:00 PST til about 7:30 PST
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.