[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one hundred million pounds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 384x384
>one hundred million pounds
>>
He was City's best player and he was on the pitch fr about 8 minutes
>>
vasquez should have been sent off
>>
>benched by jesus fucking navas

liverpool still laughing with their £50m
>>
>>67350307

man city fell for the "english players are good" meme, mahrez cucks him all day
>>
0 attacking ideas

Aguero non existent

Leave Pellegrini abroad
>>
>>67350392
this tbf

probably wouldn't have changed anything though
>>
>>67350401
>liverpool still laughing with their £50m

Not much of that £50mill left having spent it on more quality signings to achieve another successful 7th place finish.
>>
File: 145928494757.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
145928494757.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>67350529
>45M already spent on Benteke

top buy lad
>>
>>67350307
>500 quadrillion Zimbabwe dollars
>>
>>67350580
huahuhauah
>>
>>67350580

>Pissed away Torres money on Carroll
>Pissed away Suarez money on Southampton shite
>Pissed away Sterling money on Benteke

I LEL HARD
>>
compare that with Mahrez lol
>>
File: froggy face when.jpg (30 KB, 359x248) Image search: [Google]
froggy face when.jpg
30 KB, 359x248
>>67350580
>yfw he comes on to score the winning goal tomoz
>>
>>67350307
Made more impact than frauds like Aguero and De Bruyne.
>>
File: 1438696412225.jpg (63 KB, 935x858) Image search: [Google]
1438696412225.jpg
63 KB, 935x858
>City had 2 shots on target in 180 minutes vs Real Madrid

How the fuck did they even reach the semi final?
>>
>>67350649
benteke aside none of those guys are outright bad, they were just really poorly handled (and overpriced)
carroll is literally and unironically a good player
>>
>>67350720
Dynamo Kiev in the Ro16 which is practically a free pass to the next round
Then there was PSG who have always been overrated shit.

City just got lucky with the draw really.
>>
to be fair he was the only player who looked like wanting to score or create something
>>
File: yonlel.jpg (30 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
yonlel.jpg
30 KB, 500x493
>>67350743
>carroll is literally and unironically a good player
>>
>>67350825
it was in
>>
>one hundred million pound sterlings
>>
>>67350825
he scored a hat-trick against arsenal weeks back
>>
>>67350889
>arsenal
>good
>>
>I get quite a bit of chances
>>
>>67350846
>that fa final against Chelsea
Fucking robbed
>>
File: Andy Fookin Carroll.jpg (116 KB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
Andy Fookin Carroll.jpg
116 KB, 800x432
>>67350952
never forget la
>>
The thing I like about Sterling is, when he's on the pitch he doesn't look docile. He doesn't look vacant. Some players seem to be so naturalistic in their play, like they're acrobats or dancers or something. Just moving from one position to the next without thinking, all muscle memory. Sterling always has this stern concentration. Like he's thinking all the time. constantly analyzing the game on a higher level. A strategists and a master tactician. Look at the way he watched De Bruyne's free kick. And the way he didn't celebrate when it went over. He's anxious, he can immediately sense the flight of the ball is good, but he also knows that if it rebounds or is deflected, there's a whole other plan to enact. A new set of conditions that he's going to have to solve. You never really see him explode with delight. When a goal is scored, no matter how amazing the shot, he always looks more relieved than elated. Because he knows the job is done and the whole process is starting over. I'd be hard-pressed not to put Sterling in my All-Time XI. I think he represents my favorite footballing archetype: the professor, the architect. The guy who's running the whole goddamn show.
>>
City definitely overpaid but that's what City have to do to get the players they want and other clubs know it.

I'd unironically say he's had a good season. What is it, 10+ goals off the wing, and he's like 20? Martial hasn't had much more than that i think. He'll be brilliant in 3-4 years probably.
>>
>>67350720

They got 3 shot on target in 180 minutes against PSG
>>
>>67350307
At least he tried. Game would've gone differently if he had started instead of Yaya
>>
>>67351027
most accurate and in-depth analysis i've ever seen on this young jamaican stud
>>
>>67351149
City are awful for wingers as well. Their transition from midfield to attack is far too slow for someone like Sterling to play his best football. His pace is a major asset but Fernandinho and Fernando aren't good enough passers and Toure is off the pace more often than he is on the pace
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.