[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OFFICIAL SPORTS MEDIA OUTLETS POWER RANKINGS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: cowherd.jpg (22 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
cowherd.jpg
22 KB, 640x430
1. ESPN/ABC (tumbling back towards the pack but not been passed yet)
2. Fox Sports (will pass ESPN soon)
3. Turner Sports/BR
4. NBC Sports
5. CBS Sports
6. Yahoo Sports
7. HBO
8. Sports Illustrated
9. Sporting News
10. Associated Press
9001. SBNation
9002. Vice Sports
9003. HuffPo Sports
999999999999999999999999999. Cuckspin
>>
USA Today is usually alright
>>
And the golf channel too.
>>
>tfw actually like The Herd
Something is wrong with me
>>
Where is boards.4chan.org/sp/?
>>
1. EuroSport

fixed it
>>
CBS should be in 9000s. They churn out almost no original content these days. They hire and for nobodies who you never know cuz they run accounts called like eye on college football, not their real name. Then they spout old memes and run their aggregation model where they cut and paste everyone's work while citing it and then call it their story.

They are the literal anus of the sports media world. Deadspin is shit but at least their content is theirs.
>>
>>67341890
ESPN still towers over the other networks, it's not even close. I wish it were, but it's just not. Fox is definitely getting better and way improved, I actually watch the channel at times...Cowherd will always be the worst, he's a moron.

ESPN just pisses me off, yesterday Bo-Sox and Chi-Sox played yesterday, both teams in first. What was ESPN's coverage on baseball? The Yankee's suck this year, thanks ESPN. There are like 5 different ESPN channels, and they still only cover a handful of teams in any given sport, and they don't even cover every sport.
>>
>>67341890
>fox sports
>good
TOP KEK
that should be 6 and isnt cbs and yahoo the same thing now

in terms of basketball CBS is neck and neck with e!spn. They have better analyst but too bad they get too in depth some times.
>>
>>67344839
lol we have known for years that espn only cares about yankees and red sox
>>
>>67341890
>espn first

die
>>
Cuckspin is just the sjw Jezebel mouthpiece outlet that slurps the semen of Meme Curry all day instead of bitching about rape culture and wage gaps. Fuck them.
>>
>>67344839

I wouldn't say towers. CBS, NBC and Fox all do well considering they have OTA and cable networks.

ESPN is crashing really hard right now. They were just so far ahead of 2nd it'll take a little time for the swap to happen.

But FOX is 100% the future. ESPN's business model is broken and they going to be losing broadcasting rights to many of the sports we tune in to see.
>>
These are who does each sport the best

NFL: NBC
NBA: Turner
MLB: Fox
Golf: NBC
NASCAR: Fox/NBC are about equal
College Hoops: CBS
College Football: ESPN/ABC....With CBS as a close second
Tennis: NBC
Soccer: NBC
Olympics: NBC

Moral of the story, if you want a big event done right you want NBC. They also do the Derby.
>>
File: 1344061871633.jpg (59 KB, 400x420) Image search: [Google]
1344061871633.jpg
59 KB, 400x420
>>67347422

There was nothing worse than watching Fox attempt to do a golf major last year...think it was the US Open. I never noticed how God Tier the NBC Golf crew was until I saw how bad the Fox crew was. Greg Norman was embarrassing.
>>
>>67347528
the camera angles alone were terrible
>>
NBC goes big with their production of live events. They employ the best pbp men and in game analysts.

ESPN was more about shows about the sports.
>>
>>67347645
Espn is more about off the field stuff actually
>>
File: mikelly.jpg (112 KB, 600x739) Image search: [Google]
mikelly.jpg
112 KB, 600x739
>>67347422
close family, you made a few mistakes tho
College Football is CBS
Soccer is ESPN (they had tremendous WC 2014 coverage
>>
>>67342077
their sports app is GOAT though
>>
I love Turner's NBA coverage, but I'm not a big fan of Shaw. I don't think he really brings anything to their show.

I also think CWeb is super talented and not used nearly enough.

ESPN/ABC have the best PBP man tho, Mike Breen.
>>
Tirico just went to NBC as well. Presumably to do TNF and be the heir apparent to Al Michaels on SNF. Tirico is also a godly golf announcer and will be featured in their Olympics coverage.

NBC might actually be the best sports network if you're talking about live sports, not his and hers, highly questionable...or whatever the sports shows on espn are.
>>
>>67348212
Sean McDonough is better than Tirico. He won't suck off Gruden for 3 hours on MNF
>>
File: musburger.jpg (145 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
musburger.jpg
145 KB, 1200x801
I don't think I'll ever forgive ESPN for burying Brent Musburger on irrelevant games on the SEC Network.

There's nothing better than listening to him call a football game when it's painfully obvious by the tone of his voice that he has real money bet on the outcome of this contest, and he's prolly on his 3rd glass of scotch.

Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>67347889

ESPN's soccer is alright but I don't think it's best.
>>
>>67342005

>TFW British Eurosport commentator banter.
>>
>>67341890
what are the power ranking sports shows?

1. First Take
2. TNT basketball
3. Pardon the Interruption
9999. Mike and Mike
>>
>>67341890
>ESPN/ABC
What backwards time universe do you live in? Worst coverage and they stuff the most commercials into every game.

They are the worst of the broadcast channels.
>>
>>67347422
>MLB: Fox
This turned false the moment they dumped the GOATAT MLB theme for their football one.

What the fuck.
>>
kicker.de
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.