[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will his time at Bayern be remembered by?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 2
File: Pep-Guardiola1.jpg (293 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Pep-Guardiola1.jpg
293 KB, 2048x1536
How will his time at Bayern be remembered by?
>>
>>67339289

a complete failure, they got him in specifically to win the CL and he didn't
>>
who knows, ask this question again in a few years.

i think if he goes on to have a really good career people will look upon his bayern years a bit less harshly. hes won shit every year there after all. even if it is a 1 team league, the players still have to get on the field and run their legs off in every game to win trophies. and pep's bayern plays objectively good football in every area of the pitch, especially when they don't have all of their defenders out injured (which happened way too much at the end of the seasons in his time at bayern)
>>
>build your resume in la liga
>get knocked out by la liga teams with most stacked bundesliga team ever
>player who gave the world illusion you are world class manager humilates you in front of your old home ground

He will be even more exposed with City. Nobody cares about Bundesliga and they make the headlines only when Bayern plays BvB. He won't escape media attention in the EPL, plus EPL doesn't have fiestas nor good weather. He will crawl back to Barcelona in hopes 33 year old Messi can still save his dignity.
>>
Notable disappointment. Guardiola inherited a CL winning side and did not live up to the expectations initially put on him by failing to carry Bayern to the CL finals even after spending large amounts of money in the transfer windows (e.g., Vidal, Götze, Thiago, Costa, Benatia). All in all, it seems that Guardiola has been more focused during his stint at Bayern in forcing his particular conception of this sport instead of actually maximising the squad and recourses he was handed over by the Bavarian club, attempting a great tour de force by imposing his hold-the-ball style as well as inexplicable position-switching of well-established footballers, something that worked for Barcelona, but not for Bayern. It is true that he has been unlucky with regards to injuries, but that should be no excuse for a high standard manager.
>>
>>67339517

insert benis
>>
>>67339517

I'd munch on her hot pocket if you catch my drift.
>>
>>67339450
>Nobody cares about Bundesliga and they make the headlines only when Bayern plays BvB
In English papers, yes
It's not like the Premier League matches between Norwich and West Brom make headlines in Germany or Spain either. German newspapers don't even bother with most Premier League matches since the Germans see it as a mickey mouse league.
>>
>>67339289
The Marxist period.

>>67339550
>>67339550
>>67339550
>>
>>67339289
Shit signings.
>>
>>67339289
As the Mata Hari of Football. Best Spanish double agent in history.
>>
>>67339515
>mfw city win CL (not going to happen ofc, will get raped tonight)
>tfw guardolan inherits yet another CL winning team
>yfw completely fails
>>
>>67339289
It will be remembered as the most dominant Bayern ever. Bayern did win consecutive titles before, but after a year, when they ruled the league, they had always to fight hard the next time. In Peps 3 years there was no doubt whatsoever who would be the champion.
>>
Modest success
>>
>>67342608
No way they were more dominant than beckenbauer's Bayern (5 leagues and 3 ECs)
>>
>>67342731
The 70s Bayern come close to it, still: after ruling the league in 69 the next two seasons were won by Gladbach, it was a close run though. The same goes for 72, which Bayern won. Then 73 was Bayern galore domination, 74 head to head with Gladbach again. Same goes for the mid 80s Bayern with Matthäus (85 to 87). 85 and 86 were close runs with Bremen. And 1999 to 2001 again:one year of domination, then 2 years of head-to-head fighting for the title. Only Peps Bayern dominated 3 years in a row
>>
>>67342798
This, along with some other posts
>>
>>67339289
what I will remember him for
>best Bayern team I have had the pleasure to watch (when all players are healthy)
>first team to win the Bundesliga four times in a row
>always in for a surprise line-up
>in-game position changes en masse
>perfectionist to an unhealthy degree

what /sp/ memers will remember him for
>CL failure
>Messi babby
>>
>>67339289
A massive fucking failure.

The league was a given, all he had to do was win the domestic cups and CL and he couldn't even do that.

MASSIVE failure.
>>
>>67343817
>league was given
Dortmund are playing the best season in their club history.
>>
>>67343850
That's 2012-13.

This year they got dominated by Laverpel who are about 9th in England.
>>
>>67343850
kek dortmund are shit compared to buyern

just face it, guardalel is a failure
>>
>>67343907
http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/Best-BVB-season-of-all-time
>>
>>67343907
>That's 2012-13.
12/13 BVB - 66 league points, 0 trophies
15/16 BVB - 77 league points (2 games to go), chance for 1 trophy
>>
>>67343907
>>67343915
You two regards just got BTFO
>>
>>67343975
>league points
>relevant compared to a CL final
Wew
>>
>>67343915
>>67343907
>judging a team from the two Euro league matches you have them play this season
Never change, /sp/.
This is without a doubt a better Dortmund team than Klopp's meme pressing machine ever was.
>>
>>67344016
league performance is a much better indicator of quality than barely scraping through a couple CL ties (and only eliminating Malaga after egregious refball)
>>
failure
>>
>>67343817
Bundesu was the second best league in the world in those years, and Pep still managed to dominate it every year
>>
>>67344022
no dortmund is still shit and guardiola remains a failure
>>
>>67339797
No German matches make headlines here. The only foreign game that does is Lel Classico.
>>
>>67344065
This very much, but these sp teens just won't get it. CL is still a cup after the group stage, you also need luck to win it
>>
>>67343671
he set up Bayern for future success people will forget this
>>
>>67344258
you don't know that yet
>>
>>67344258
Very true.
The players are more tactically flexible than ever.
>>
>>67344022
>This is without a doubt a better Dortmund team than Klopp's meme pressing machine ever was
Well, no, actually it's not. But judging Dortmunds season by that Liverpool games (which were very close btw) is typical /sp/ stupidity nonetheless
>>
>>67344065
>only eliminating Malaga after egregious refball
Jesus Christ, this. Why aren't people talking about this more? There were like 6 fucking offsides in the build up to that goal, one of the worst referee bottle jobs in recent years.
>>
>>67339289
not much. he practically ruined all that was great with Heynckes' meat grinder and turned them into Barcalite. How I'd love for him to flop big time in City. Definitely the most overrated manager in modern times
>>
>>67344258
>he set up Bayern for future success people will forget this
not so sure about this, but he set them up for enough present success
>>
>>67343975
And? That proves absolutely nothing.

Teams that have won the Premier League by 90 points would get their shit slapped by teams who have won it with 60-70 points.

All it demonstrates is the quality of the league overall in that particular season.

Less points = More quality overall
>>
>>67344440
>Teams that have won the Premier League by 90 points would get their shit slapped by teams who have won it with 60-70 points.
proof?
>>
>>67344287
>>67344418
I meant their program, Pep got the job because he could set up a training program similar to Barcelona's

his autism level of attention to detail is what Bayern is paying for… his training regimens are unique and above everyone's else's with or without Dr. Fuentes might I add

they could have stayed with Heynckes but I think the board felt his squad was beginning to get stagnant lol he pulled that treble out of his ass too

but yeah Bayern probably liked how Pep is always tinkering with the team and beyond reason too to be honest it's cost him some games

and he made some good signings so theres that

just goes to show you European success is never a given and funny how they were all Spanish teams that cocked blocked him out of getting another Ol' Big Ears for his cabinet

Bayern is happy for his work but also glad he's leaving Pep wanted too much control he's the passive aggressive Mou
>>
>>67344492
He is a control freak yeah.
One more thing he brought to the table is attracting top players based purely on his renown.
>>
He's the Ronny Deila of the Bundesliga.
>>
A fraud.
>>
File: kek.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>67344396
>he practically ruined all that was great with Heynckes
sp seriously believe this meme
>>
>>67344492
>Bayern is happy for his work but also glad he's leaving
They tried very hard to make him stay longer.
>>
Give me Simeone over him everyday of the week. His players show resolve, desire and give everything in every match.

Bayern just pass between themselves and can't defend.
>>
>>67344585
/sp/ is youtube comment tier, full of idiots who prove time and time again they don't really watch football, just highlights of the final games
>>
>>67344684
>implying this is just down to the manager
Most Bayern players have won everything there is to win.
Of course Atleti are going to look more hungry.
>>
>>67344491
Obviously it can't be proven. You'd have to invent a time-machine. I'm just using logic and common sense.

You can't prove otherwise and you certainly can't prove Dortmund now are better than Dortmund 2013.
>>
>>67344718
yes, another example is the hazard thread. people just don't watch football, what's left for actually playing and understanding
>>
>>67344738

>can't motivate his players

You're not really selling him to me
>>
>>67344774
>you certainly can't prove Dortmund now are better than Dortmund 2013.
But I can, they won more games, scored more goals and conceded fewer goals.
>>
>>67344679
yeah but it seemed like they were a quarreling couple that wanted to stay together but tip top kek Pep ran off with that sugar daddy

hard not to when City practically built an environment suited best for you and your friends Pep got so lucky... sucks when good managers can't get special treatment like Pep does

for example Pellegrini I think he's en excellent manager and I'm not brining him up because of the whole City connection nah he's been treated like that by big clubs forever like in Madrid and the small clubs he was in couldn't offer him the luxuries the money clubs could but that Villarreal and Malaga team were awesome to watch
>>
>>67344876
Pep wanted Neymar before Barcelona got him, wanted Suarez to rotate and instead was given Fatze and told he could have welbeck and some other shitters
>>
>>67339289
i just hope he's remembered good in bayern, he's blended to the culture, learned german and the staff, board and players like him, i even read he learned a bit of bavarian, i mean who the fuck learns bavarian

honestly making the average between expectations (back to back trebles) and reality (3xleagues+2xcups+3xsemis) he's probably scored between a 6.5 and 8 depending if you like him or are a hater, i think the arabs want consistency and that's why they are paying silly money for him, they would no doubt sign at the start of the contract winning 3 consecutives leagues and semis of CL + national cups, this would really put city on the map

also, i disagree with people that say that bayern or city or real/barça jobs are easy, the ridiculous expectations at this clubs make manager them a real challenge, the smallest mistake and everyone will be shitting on you or you'll just get sacked, the man has won a lot of stuff and got to 3 semi finals and many consider his tenure a failure, it puts things in perspective. seriously arsenal job is easy, or a midtable team which just wants to stay on the top flight and maybe score a europa league spot
>>
He had a lot of domestic success, but his european adventures kinda fucked him over on being a great Bayern coach. He was a decent coach rate him 7.5/10
>>
>>67343907
>>67343915

Don't would have won the league in 98% of any other season with their results.
>>
>>67345423
*Dortmund

I should drink less midday.
>>
>>67345001
>seriously arsenal job is easy, or a midtable team which just wants to stay on the top flight and maybe score a europa league spot
top 4 finish 4 life

>also, i disagree with people that say that bayern or city or real/barça jobs are easy, the ridiculous expectations at this clubs make manager them a real challenge, the smallest mistake and everyone will be shitting on you or you'll just get sacked

mo money mo problems
>>
i'll remeber it as the best team i've seen (when everyone was healthy)
ty based poop
>>
>>67344876
>hard not to when City practically built an environment suited best for you and your friends Pep got so lucky..
Bayern did the same for Pep, and there was hardly any quarrel (only that spanish doctor stuff). I think one reason Pep went to City is to shut up all the people say winning with Bayern was a matter of course. If he ever decide to go back to Bayern, they'll welcome him with open arms
>>
>>67344814
Against weaker opposition, proving absolutely nothing.
>>
>>67347816
yeah m8, going to city will surely prove that and shut everyone up....

>this delusion
city is an even easier job than bayern, and it takes a lot to be that.

if pep truly wanted to prove himself, he'd join a club like villa, get the promoted into the premier league and get them into the top 4
>>
>>67347954
Proof of it being weaker opposition?
>>
>>67344718
>full of idiots who prove time and time again they don't really watch football

this, americans need to be rangebanned or moved to >>>/asp/ >>>/trash/ or >>>/lgbt/
>>
He will be remembered for bullying bundesliga with his stacked team, playing attractive football (quite a matter of a opinion) and failing to succeed in CL.

Sure winning league is an achievment, but with that squad it's not that amazing is it? Especially when you inherit it, and just change a few things.
>>
>>67348033
Their points total.

Proof of it being as strong or stronger?
>>
>>67348323
>Their points total.
Non Bayern/BVB average points in 12/13 - 42.4

Non Bayern/BVB average points in 15/16 - 39.9 (2 games to go)

Sorry m8, you're wrong again
>>
>>67343975
*chance for 2 trophies
ftfy
>>
>>67345001
>sensible post on /sp/
Did I just walk into bizarro 4chan or something?
>>
>>67348008
>city is an even easier job than bayern

You cannot be serious, have you watched them today? Pep will have to start from scratch, it'll be like teaching a bunch of 12 year olds about German Philosophy or Quantum Physics.
>>
>>67343671
>best Bayern team I have had the pleasure to watch
>unironically thinking Jupp's Bayern wasn't better.
>>
It won't.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.