[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is so much emphasis placed on the distinction between Premier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Why is so much emphasis placed on the distinction between Premier League and First Division?
Saying shit like >Liverpool never won the EPL
How is the EPL any different from the First Division in anything but the name?
Serie A wasn't called Serie A until the 30s and it even had a different format back then, but nobody differentiates between the tournaments won prior to that date and the ones won after.
Nobody says Real Madrid's only won 4 UCLs.
Why make the distinction at all?
>>
>Nobody says Real Madrid's only won 4 UCLs.

rival fans do dismiss all their trophies from the 50s and 60s.
It's called banter.
>>
>>67313990
Different format, different trophy.
>>
>>67313990
what program do you use to screenshot get that filename?
when I use Snipping Tool I always have to make my own filename.
>>
It's just the most recent change, before the PL people would say 'since three points for a win came in'.
>>
>>67313990
Ignore the ABLs lad
>>
File: div_one_trophy1.jpg (15 KB, 175x402) Image search: [Google]
div_one_trophy1.jpg
15 KB, 175x402
This is the trophy that Liverpool won.
>>
This is the trophy that Liverpool haven't won.
>>
ABLs aren't very rational folks m8
>>
>>67314021
>Nobody says Real Madrid's only won 4 UCLs.
yes.. yes they do

It was a different competition, different format before
>>
>>67314143
>>67314153
So Liverpool won that superior looking trophy
>>
>>67313990
Because writers like to do that sort of bullshit to emphasise achievements.

That said, the formation of the Premiership was kind of a watershed moment for English football because it amplified a whole bunch of football business trends by throwing a shitton of TV money into the mix, and it provides a convenient place to indicate where that shift changed.
>>
File: 1409402-world_cup_trophy.jpg (15 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1409402-world_cup_trophy.jpg
15 KB, 300x400
>>67314143
This is the trophy England hasn't won
>>
>>67314047
He's a phoneposter, friend.
>>
>>67314478
Thanks m8.
>>
>>67314047
Mac OS X
It just werks
>>
>>67314047
It's standard screenshot on a mac friendo.
>>
66 mate
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.