[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let me get this straight TWO COMPLETELY different divegrass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: y.jpg (37 KB, 606x540) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
37 KB, 606x540
So let me get this straight

TWO COMPLETELY different divegrass teams played a game yesterday and fucking tied 2-2

And ANOTHER team won the title because of that?

What kind of bullshit is that? Are you kidding me?

This literally makes no sense
>>
>>67310322
>This literally makes no sense
British logic thinks it makes sense. But we know better.
>>
>>67310322
I know. It's just too confusing. Europeans are just vastly more intelligent than us. I don't understand how the can keep up with that complex system of doing things. Numbers? Wew lad, too much for me
>>
>>67310339
get out of my country you fucking cucklord. im sure you've figured out a way to let three guys fuck your wife but then do the math to decide you still somehow won.
>>
>>67310387
Did you not understand that that was sarcasm or are you just sperging out for the fuck of it?
>>
>Americans pretending they don't have a regular season
>>
>>67310399
Did you not understand that that was sarcasm or are you just spearing out for the fuck of it?
>implying you're not a faggot soccer fan
>implying you weren't being a twat
>implying I'm wrong

You just shouldn't have posted. Heh, nothing personal, kid.
>>
>>67310410
I'm not a soccer fan though aside from the World Cup. Time to stop...doing whatever it is you're doing
>>
>>67310322
That other team won the teatle because he did better than anyone else through the whole season
>>
File: 1448866348185.jpg (33 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1448866348185.jpg
33 KB, 530x600
>>67310418
>being this new
Enjoy your stay.
>>
File: 1330705442614.jpg (21 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
1330705442614.jpg
21 KB, 384x395
>>67310322
>Americans can't into basic maths
>>
>>67310428
Being this lame and gay

* Le teleport behind you meme meme fedora heh nothing bursonal child XDD
>>
>>67310443
I'm not a meme fan, though aside from Pepe. Time to stop...doing whatever it is you're doing
>>
>Basic maths make no sense

"Two completely different" teams is erroneous since one of them was the only other contender left for the title. The number 2 team was 2.5 games behind number one, with 3 games left to play out of 38.

Then they proceeded to fuck up against an unrelated team, and are now still 2.5 games behind with 2 games left, so they cannot catch up. Therefore 1st place won the title, because over the course of the season they were better and built an unreachable lead.
>>
The amount of shitposting and bait material Americans have gained off this is incredible.
>>
File: 1457264427464.gif (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1457264427464.gif
2 MB, 600x338
>>67310454
mon ami, dont waste your time trying to explain simple stuff to retarded autistic muricans, not worth the time
>>
>>67310504
Are you not American?
>>
>>67310338
You get 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw in a match.

Heading into the match, Spurs, the team that drew 2-2, was 8 points behind the leaders with three games left. If they acquired any result but a win, they would lose the title on pure mathematics alone, as when they drew, they became 7 points behind with 2 games left. As they required 7 points to catch up and there would be able to acquire 6 from the next 2 matches maximum, they would not be able to win the title even if the leaders lost both their matches.

2 matches = 6 points max
Points behind = 7 points

Thus, the other team is uncatchable, regardless of results.
>>
don't americans have a point system? do the maths
>>
>>67310544
>point system
Yeah, it's called wins and losses.
>>
>>67310551
Not pretentious and unnecessary enough for England
>>
If it was another flag I would have called bait but since it's an U S of Aian I'm confused
>>
>>67310581
go away frogposter, unless your version of soccer has shit scoring systems as well.
>>
>>67310590
literally no one plays or cares about your sports only your own cronies, walk on yank
>>
>>67310604
i love cricket and football tho :^(

wish the english natty team felt the same way
>>
>Yes, this is because of the specific format of a club league.
>See, in this kind of competition all teams will play a total of 2 games against eachother: one game at their home stadium, another game in the other team's stadium.
>The goal is simple: whichever team has the most points at the end of the season will be crowned champions.
>But now the hard part will start for you. Because there is no play-off system, you need to be able to track other team's performances at the same time in order to calculate a team's chances to win the title. It will take some practice to wrap your head around it.
>As the season draws to a close, the amount of games -and thus the amount of points to be won- will be limited. This slims down the number of possible scenario's. A given team may have gained a significant lead in points that exceeds the maximum amount of points the second-ranked team can accumulate over the remaining games. In this context, team A can be crowned champions if team B fails to win the minimum amount of points to keep their mathematical possibilities of winning the title real.
>I know this is a lot to process right now, but soon enough you'll get a hang of it. Good luck, Amerifriend!
>>
>>67310604
>be England
>be irrelevant in everything including its favorite sports
>>
>>67310616
stick to hand egg and rounders
>>
>>67310622
>he still pretends Americans don't understand a simpler way of deciding a champion
>>
>>67310629
what are those, i usually only follow english sports :^)
>>
>>67310640
hand egg is american 'football' where they use their hands

rounders is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams. rounders is a striking and fielding team game that involves hitting a small, hard, leather-cased ball with a rounded end wooden, plastic or metal bat. the players score by running around the four bases on the field the game is popular among Irish and british school children
>>
>>67310661
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f481fxMyNbg
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.