[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is more dramatic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 14805202002.png (455 KB, 700x617) Image search: [Google]
14805202002.png
455 KB, 700x617
Which one is more dramatic?
>>
my willy in your mums hairy snatch
>>
File: 702551_1280x720.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
702551_1280x720.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
I've never been a >muh patriotism Murican type before, but the Euros really don't have a leg to stand on here. The EPL season long point system is vastly inferior to a playoffs system in terms of excitement, entertainment, drama, etc.

The World Cup is the biggest and most dramatic soccer event on Earth and it uses a playoff system. Why doesn't the rest of the soccer world follow that?
>>
>>67309629

I love playoffs. Every year watching the NFL and NHL playoffs produces some of the most dramatic moments in sports.

BUT

I feel like a league system better rewards the best team throughout the season. And there's nothing like watching a legitimate title race with teams neck and neck. Plus teams in the relegation zone produce some of the best games for neutrals.
>>
>>67309685

why doesn't the rest of america follow these dubs
>>
>>67309685
It's called the Champions League and cup tournaments you unfunny autistic fatfuck
>>
soccer has both play off and league format you dumb amerilards. champions league is actually the biggest european competition
>>
Obviously playoff systems are more "dramatic", which Europeans also have. The CL exists.

League format is much better at actually rewarding the most deserving team and nullifying fluke wins though.
>>
>>67309685
The EPL is to determine the best team in the league and the points system is by fair the beat way to find the team that is consistently the best. The teams that consistently do the worst end up moving to a lower league. You can't win by just getting lucky a couple of games, you need to perform consistently well throughout the year. Likewise, you won't get relegated if you have a couple of bad games, you need to consistently perform badly throughout the year. This way, the top division of the country remains at a high quality and every team that makes it to the top division has earned their place there.

As for the exictement/drama that comes with the play-off format, we have the FA cup for English teams and the Champions League/Europa League for the best of the best in all of Europe.
>>
>>67309764

why not just have a point system to determine the top few teams and then have them play to determine the champ
>>
>>67309789
Because MLelS is shit senpai
>>
>>67309789

it almost nullifies consistency while adding very little because of the cup tournaments running parallel
>>
KEK

Is that really what happened for the championship in all this stupid soccer shit I'm hearing about?

What a joke of a sport.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-20-23-45-04.png (437 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-20-23-45-04.png
437 KB, 960x540
>>67309836
The team who won the Championship LITERALLY were wearing street clothes and didn't even step foot on the field

They watched 2 teams NOT win or lose a game and somehow THEY won the Championship
>>
>>67309850

your mum was wearing street clothes last night and she watched 2 balls clatter into her chin
>>
Just watch the FA cup instead if that's what you want.
>>
>>67309789
Because that's exactly what the Champions League is for. Although rather than leaving it for the best clubs inone country, it's open to the best European clubs in every country.
>>
>>67309864
2/10
>>
Also, /sp/ is fucking cancerous with all these soccer threads being made. (Aside from this thread I guess.)

Can soccer please have its own separate fucking section on 4chan?
>>
>>67309881

yeah she only saw the 2 go into her chin, her eyes were covered in jizz for the other 8
>>
>>67309629
You need a playoff to make your sports more exciting becasue the games themselves are just awful
>>
>>67309894
2/10
>>
>>67309926

yeah but I'd give her a 3.5 if she shaved the tash a bit
>>
>>67309789
That's what the Champions League is for.

Why would you nullify the consistency of a deserving national champion who has earned it by playing literally every team both home and away and been consistently the best for a couple meme playoff games
>>
Man, had the Foxes scored just one more goal on Sunday, all those threads would literally not exist. Nice grasping at straws, America.

>>67309685
The World Cup doesn't use a playoff system though. Or at least not in the retarded way that US sports do: no seeds, no playing every other team in the competition before the knockout round.

It's just, you know, a tournament.
>>
>Americunts trying to defend the playoff system as something valid and representative of the quality, specially when they're split into conferences and the final is many times irrelevant as fuck
>>
>>67309940
2/10
>>
Playoff system is more exciting, but leage point system is more fair.

Honestly it's pretty ridiculous in baseball where you play 160 regular season games and all of your wins become irrelevant if you go to the wildcard round and lose ONE GAME. It's nonsense.
>>
>>67309685

It's worse in terms of excitement, but it is superior at determining the best team for the season
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.