[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There's people who don't want based Burnley to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: Burnley_FC_badge.png (166 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Burnley_FC_badge.png
166 KB, 400x400
>There's people who don't want based Burnley to come back up
>>
literally one of the most boring and pointless teams in english football

fuck off, we don't need another west brom or norwich
>>
>>67279609
They're a proper football club, supported by loyal fans and have based Dyche in charge.

Worth way more than a club like Norwich
>>
File: 1442010978952.jpg (70 KB, 610x288) Image search: [Google]
1442010978952.jpg
70 KB, 610x288
>Sean "Dyke"
>>
>>67279620
>They're a proper football club, supported by loyal fans
yawn
>>
>>67279620
>a proper football club

This meme is the worst
>>
I fucking hate Burnley.
Lucked into a meme promotion in 2009 and have yoyoed ever since.
Fucking nothing club living off a streak of games from six years ago. Shitty town too. We don't want these places in the PL when actual good clubs from proper towns and cities can't get back into the big time.
>>
>>67279631
>>67279649
t. London based Man Utd fans
>>
Burnley and Hull shouldn't go up under any circumstances

any 3 of Boro, Brighton, Derby and Sheff Wed is fine
>>
>>67279593
Call me when based Nottingham Forest is back up.
>>
>>67279663
yes please tell us more about how your fans are the best in the world and that your team has heart or whatever the fuck you make up to try and make your club seem unique
>>
>>67279662
Would you rather Brighton or Boro came up?

>Brighton: Miles away, shit modern ground. Will cause constant drama over homophobic chanting that'll dominate every other month
>Boro: Worst place in the UK after Hull, empty ground
>>
>bumley
>>
>>67279680
Brighton just for a new face in the PL
Boro can fuck off just as much though.
>>
>>67279670
This tbf. If I could ban any 3 teams from the prem it'd be Burnley, Hull and Norwich
They're nothing yoyo clubs that aren't good enough for the prem and add nothing to it while simultaneously being too good for the championship.
>>
>>67279790
West Brom are more worthless than Burnley
>>
>>67279593
Disgusting team playing disgusting football with a disgusting manager in charge.

Burnley can fuck off.

We need to see Boro and Brighton in the prem; two REAL football teams
>>
>>67279870
perhaps but at least they can bore themselves to a midtable finish.
>>
>>67279886
>Hating based Dyche
>>
Burnley did a reasonably shit job last time they were in the pl
I also didn't care for them because I didn't think they had any memorable players
If they come up and buy a few decent players I'll rate them again
As it stands, want derby Brighton and middlesbrough to come up
>>
File: 1461259762833.png (87 KB, 242x206) Image search: [Google]
1461259762833.png
87 KB, 242x206
>>67279593
>broke ass mill town: the club
>>
>>67279674
They use white british players mate.
>>
>>67280029
>Burnley did a reasonably shit job last time they were in the pl
Mainly because they were aiming for relegation the moment they got promoted just so they could use the new parachute payments to get back into the division.
>>
>>67279672
ARE YOU WATCHING THIS NOTTINGHAM? ARE YOU WATCHING THIS?
>>
>>67280397
They were planning for the future, they used the money to improve club facilities
>>
give Brighton and QPR your energy today lads
>>
>>67280593
>muh facilities
That's even more pathetic.
>>
>>67280029

I remember that their first XI was all white British
>>
>>67280142

Must be why they're so shit.
>>
>>67280597
>QPR
why the fuck
>>
>>67280599
Yeah how dare they have a long term plan to build the club up rather than just spunking money they can't guarantee on the hope that a handful of transfers come off.
>>
>>67280634
>muh long term plan
is not an excuse for how fucking dire they were last season.

They lost 4-0 to a team managed by Alan Irvine for crying out loud.
>>
>>67280621
they play burnley in 1 bing
>>
>>67280670
Literally completely forgot that Irvine was a pl manager. What a fraud
>>
>>67279790
>wouldn't ban QPR
seriously
>>
>>67280670
They only went down by 5 points despite tiny finances compared to the others. They're trying to do things properly and within 10 years they'll be a solid PL club
>>
Brighton pls score.
>>
>>67280838
HAHAHAHA get fucked
>>
Who is Ley and why you want to burn him?
>>
>it's a Burnley get promoted and then instantly relegated with 18 points episode

Seriously, fuck those ambitionless scrub cunts.
>>
>>67280956
They do have long term ambition
>>
File: 1458836739271.jpg (98 KB, 430x350) Image search: [Google]
1458836739271.jpg
98 KB, 430x350
>>67280883
>>
>>67280724
>They only went down by 5 points despite tiny finances compared to the others.
They were in the relegation zone for practically the entire season and didn't win any of their first ten games. "Only being relegated by x amount of points" counts for nothing in that situation.

>They're trying to do things properly and within 10 years they'll be a solid PL club.
They really won't. Dyche proved last season he is not a PL standard manager.
>>
>>67281031
You're wrong and you're a self-hating white person.
>>
Jesus fuck, Brighton.
>>
>>67281067
Thanks for admitting you have no argument.
>>
>>67281110
That's not me, just some random shitposter

>>67281031
The foundations are being built, and the long term strategy is there. Dyche is a decent manager who understands it. Once everything is in place, if Dyche isn't good enough he'll get replaced
>>
As a Boro fan, this brighton game couldn't have gone any better.
>>
How come Burnley will be promoted if they win this afters then?
They'll be on 90pts - three ahead of Brighton with one to play. That's not mathematically guarenteed.
>>
>>67281163
because brighton play boro, so brighton OR boro could beat burnley to first, but if that happens burnley are guaranteed second, and if boro and brighton draw then burnley get first.
>>
nobody wants Hull to win the playoffs right?
>>
>>67281031
>Dyche proved last season he is not a PL standard manager.

It's a bizarre sentiment this. He managed to keep a very small budget team believing and working hard all season long, and as someone else pointed out, they were not far from staying up (while also missing the strike partnership that got them promoted, for literally the entire season).

There is no reason to believe they won't be able to hang with the other dross teams in the lower quarter of the PL next season.
>>
>>67281191
fuck hull. shite hole.
>>
>>67281176
Yep, a draw would essentially see Burnley up too right? Unless they get BTFO 5-0 on the final day
>>
Scott Carson is fucking trash
>>
>DERBY

wew lads
>>
>>67279593
I like the fact that they only have 4 foreign players,all of them white and only have 3 niggers in the team but I'd rather Brighton goes up just because they weren't the there and the massive or derby win the play offs t bh
>>
>>67281229
Listen to yourself you racist fuck
>>
>>67281229
The state of you lad
>>
>>67281255
>>67281276

Reddit is that way champs
>>
>>67281135
>The foundations are being built, and the long term strategy is there.
So you're fine with them effectively writing off the entirety of last season just so they can get back into the PL?

>Dyche is a decent manager who understands it.
If Gravelthroat was decent, he would have been able to keep them in the division last season despite their financial disadvantage. The signings he made that season were fucking appalling: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Burnley_F.C._season#In

>>67281196
>He managed to keep a very small budget team believing and working hard all season long,
Did he fuck. They were gone from day 1.

>while also missing the strike partnership that got them promoted, for literally the entire season
This is the only viable reason for their relegation. Their backups were fucking shite.
>>
brighton choked

choked on cock

cos theyre gay

lol
>>
>>67281255
>>67281276
he's a leeds bandwagoner which explains a lot
>>
Football? I like football. But Burnley? Burnley can fuck off
>>
This goal changes nothing.
>>
Burnley beat Manchester City last season right? That was pretty cool, love watching tiny teams beat the big boys and ruin title chances
>>
>yfw burnley lose today and on the final day and then lose in the playoffs
>>
Middlesbrough, Brighton, Wensdee - dream team desu
>>
>>67281285
Shut up you tit, the obsession with trying to equate everything with politics lately is boring as fuck
>>
>>67281285
/pol/ and /b/ are that way too
>>
>>67281163
2*
>>
>>67281297
Compare Villa this season to Burnley's. It's not even nearly the same. You want proof of that? Burnley are poised to get straight back up. If he was a shit manager like you're saying, they'd be stuck in the wasteland of the championship with fulham and reading and blackburn and all the other similar clubs who tumble right down. He obviously has some skill as a manager, to do that.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 300x375
I want a team that can actually put pressure on the bottom half like Watford or Bournemouth this season. Not relegation bait that will play like garbage, finish 20th and go straight back down.
>>
>>67279609
this
no one cares about Burnley because the only time they amounted to anything above relegation contenders was before WW2

fuck off Burnley, literally Aston Villa with no history
>>
>>67281426
>we
>>
Just put 5000 on Burnley to finish in the top 17 of the PL next season.
>>
File: 123456789765.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
123456789765.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>People from Burnley
>on my /sp/
>>
>>67281464
put a tenner on wensdee to go up lad
>>
>>67281337
there's no way they're losing today

neutral qpr fan here
>>
>Tfw you get to hear Dyche's voice on MOTD every week next season
>Tfw interview with John hartson
>>
>>67281504
where the fuck even is burnley in england?

I know where most teams in the top 2-3 tiers are located but I have no idea where these cunts are?

midlands maybe?
>>
>>67281540
North west. Half of Burnley just bandwagons Man United
>>
>>67281383
>Compare Villa this season to Burnley's. It's not even nearly the same.
Those two are incomparable and you know they are.

Burnley knew they were going down from the start but disguised that via "muh effort", "muh hard working british lads", "muh lack of money", etc.

Villa have openly not given a fuck and haven't done so all season with an owner who equally doesn't care.

>Burnley are poised to get straight back up.
Solely because of Andre Gray's signing which was financed by their 2014/15 write-off season.

>they'd be stuck in the wasteland of the championship with fulham and reading and blackburn and all the other similar clubs who tumble right down.
As with Villa, those clubs have been badly run for a number of years. Burnley have not been like that for a very long time.

Look at Bolton and Charlton for example.
>>
File: andy pardew.jpg (39 KB, 435x472) Image search: [Google]
andy pardew.jpg
39 KB, 435x472
>mgw Bonrlye win de primeropnchip of enlnagd diveson 2 (two
>>
>>67281530
well that's obvious

qpr under jfh are an even bigger shambles than the ownership
>>
>>67281560
So you admit you have no point at all, and just hate Burnley irrationally, like a woman.

Cheers then, see you later.
>>
>Go up
>go down
>go up
Load of shit desu with Sean 'how dare other clubs spend money' Dyche
>>
File: g23f3f2f2.jpg (59 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
g23f3f2f2.jpg
59 KB, 800x800
I AM SICK OF THIS MEME
>>
I've tried to think of something positive to say about Burnley but I just can't. They're just there. I guess it'll be interesting to watch Sean have a crack at the premier league before the inevitable 19th place finish.
>>
>>67281582
>gives up
>>
>>67281619

>>67281619

>>67281619
gamethread
>>
>>67281595
To quote a comment found on the Swiss Ramble:
>There's no great wisdom here. They fell into a massive ocean of TV money and didn't invest any of it in staying up. If any of us quintupled our income we would be better off. Real success would have been making a profit while retaining their place in the money trough. There's clearly sound financial management here, but it's a little like congratulating a lottery winner on turning their lives around.
>>
Any chance of Blackburn Rovers or Nottingham Forest ever making it back into the EPL?

I saw them play back in the '90s when I was visiting my dad.
>>
>>67280607
Trippier
>>
The fact that Hull and Burnley keep their managers are being down in the relegation zone after being relegated shows their level of ambition.

Norwich looking to do the same aswell
>>
Only good thing about Burnley is Dyche's voice on MOTD

I want to see Karanka v Mourinho next season

Burnley will struggle, thanks to the new PL money all the older shit run clubs will collapse.

WBA, Sunderland, Newcastle, Watford will all be gone for good in next 3 seasons.

West Ham, Leicester, Everton, Swansea, Southampton, Stoke, Palace and Bournemouth will make up the midtable teams.

Top 4 will be a piss up between Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Spurs

City will be the only guaranteed top 4 team

Interesting times ahead
>>
>>67279631
Fuck off paki
>>
so sad to see a team like burnley yoyo while the most exciting team in the prem the last 5 years in blackpool are going to league one
>>
>>67282645
>kamikaze = exciting
>>
>>67282645
Holloway pls go, you're supposed to be doing punditry on this game
>>
>>67279620
They're a proper football club, supported by loyal fans and have based Neil in charge.

Worth way more than a club like Burnley
>>
>>67280587
Go for it :) we'd be infinitely more wounded if it was Derby winning the league...
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.