[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rugby v American Football
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: Michael_Hooper_1200.jpg (184 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Hooper_1200.jpg
184 KB, 1200x800
Which is better?
>>
Rugby, clearly.
>>
Rugby is some niche shit. Handegg is THE export for an entire region of America.
>>
>>67223665
Please watch our sport big strong Australian
>>
NFL

However Rugby will last l Ionger

Handegg is too dangerous it won't be around in 50 years cap this
>>
>>67223798
No. Fuck them. Fuck you Australia, you are barred.
>>
File: Argentina vs Tonga.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Argentina vs Tonga.webm
2 MB, 640x480
Rugby
>>
Gaelic football
>>
>>67223665
Basque Pelota
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEzPAYGNAEI
>>
Oztag
>>
>>67223964

Rugby is for pussies who are only allowed to pass backwards and do grapple leg tackles. Football is is a real mans sport where tackles have the same impact as getting hit by a freight train and has much more diversity in attacking play. But due to everyong nowadays being roused monkeys and the sport being too rough even with pads, football will die in 30 years when all the players are diagnosed with dementia
>>
Calcio Fiorentino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiKOhGpQPD4
>>
>>67223964
I didn't know other countries played it.

It's the most painfull sport I know btw
>>
>>67223665
American football is much better, it's not even close.

>more strategy
>better athletes
>requires more strength, speed, agility and intelligence
>much more money in American football
>American football biggest sport in the most important country on the planet, meanwhile rugby is not a top 5 sport in a single G20 nation
>American football is much more popular even globally - more people watch the Super Bowl each year than watch the Rugby World Cup final
>better crowd attendance
>gives back to the community
>>
Why would you want to play tackle football without pads?
>>
>>67224052
Did you make this thread are you just naturally attracted to this like flies to a shit?
>>
just got home from the Reds game lads.
>>
Just woke up, lads.
>>
>>67223665
Also Sepak Takraw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOA528eEm1I
>>
>>67223964
>>67224034
>>67224133
This shit has nothing to do with the thread.

If you don't want to contribute and stay on topic, leave.
>>
>>67224092
She made it
>>
>>67223964
why would they willingly subject their hands to this
>>
>>67224092

Are you mad that he is correct?
The only downside to american football is all the stopping but that makes it the perfect game to shitpost on /so/ since it gives you 30 seconds of typing time after each play
>>
>>67224178
The balls are of full rubber
>>
Why the fuck are we being autosaged?
>>
>>67224177
I had a feeling.

>>67224187
I don't care about the topic. Just know you're playing into OPs hands in yet another shitpost thread.
>>
rugby is better

american football is too slow

soccer is shit
>>
>>67224092
Nice job showing how insecure you are.

Does it physically hurt you to know people might have a different opinion to you?

If you are here just to shit post rather than contribute meaningful discussion, just leave.
>>
>>67224235
I really want to see what you look like.
>>
>>67224052
Accurate post.
>>
good thread OP
>>
>>67224550
Are you frustrated your thread isn't catching on?
>>
>>67223665
Rugby is pretty shit, but handegg is worse.
>>
Shit thread.
>>
>>67223964
>based af sport
>ball gets faster than in any other sport
great post, anon
>>
american not-on-horseback-ball is so frustrating to follow.

I can't stand the whole stop/start nature of it.
>>
ive never understood the shit talking over the whole stop-start nature of football when rugby has a lot of stoppages too - albeit not as frequent. there are still a lot of frustrating moments with scrums and lineouts that slow down the game. i think that when big plays break out it can be more exciting in rugby, but so much of the game is just forwards running into each other, boring..
this is coming from someone whos played both sports for years
>>
>>67235331
Have you even watched a game of rugby?

American football objectively has way more breaks and shorter passages of play.

This is why it 'seems' worse to an Australian who's grown up watching rugby, from our(my) perspective it's hard to get past

Still love both tho
>>
The fact that a rugby player (albeit league) was able to almost make a starting NFL team speaks volumes as to the skill level required, let alone how fucking boring NFL is, and this is coming from someone who loves playing chess.
>>
American Football is way more fun too watch

Our sports are trash desu
>>
>>67223951
Gay lick football isn't bad. Not as good as gridy and rugby tho
>>
>>67241798
>our

Cucktorians and wogs arent Australian
>>
>>67223665

They are both equally fun to play.

Football is better to watch because in the top levels the teams are more equal. There is more parity in the NFL.

Football practices are probably more fun. You focus less on fitness (running) and more on technique and playbook. In Football you get fit in the off season. Since Rugby is more aerobic you have to keep practicing to keep up your wind so you don't shit it in the last 20 minutes. Football is anaerobic fitness.
>>
both are pretty cool desu
>>
Saved from page 10.
>>
7s>southern hemisphere 15s>nfl>6 nations
>>
File: herper.jpg (18 KB, 251x356) Image search: [Google]
herper.jpg
18 KB, 251x356
>>67257359
>7s>southern hemisphere 15s
>>
>>67257359
Remove yourself from my country
>>
If Rugby had a non meme league with teams people cared about and that actually attracted viewers it would be alright. But at the moment it's nothing more than a niche sport in a wide range of countries, rather than the number 1 sport in one (large and important) country. In terms of the sports themselves, I don't know enough about gridiron to properly compare but it's a bit too stop/start for me. Then again Rugby lacks the strategy and diversity of plays you see in gridiron, so each have their respective pros and cons. I'm an AFL man myself, and NHL is the only other sport I watch outside of that. For some reason it just comes to me intuitively, it's like AFL on ice.
>>
>>67257509
Basketball always seemed like a good parallel to AFL to me
>>
>>67257630
It's not physical enough though, non contact sports aren't fun to watch. Never could get into it myself.
>>
>>67223790
>Rugby is some niche shit.
You what? Rugby is way more popular
>>
>>67257663
It's true however that it's a niche sport wherever it's played (apart from New Zealand but literally who gives a shit about them). Whereas the NFL is one of the world's most lucrative sports leagues, despite the fact that almost no one outside of the USA plays it and it doesn't have a massive international following.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.